Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Got vb3 results back after hard prostate massage 

Post Got vb3 results back after hard prostate massage
Last week went to Urologist who did notoriously hard massage of the prostate. This lead to secretion extrction.

Afterward I pee in cup which was send for testing of

Gc, trich, mycoplasma and urine culture.

ALL OF IT CAME BACK NEG AND NO GROWTH.

Wtf? Should I been happy or depress because I'm still having symptoms.

So in summery my prostate secretions has no growth, urine test after prostate massage has no growth all std is neg then what is that I have caused reactive arthritis.??

My urologist said there is no more I can do for u anymore.

Now what? Again, Flagyl is only thing helping right now so I'm taking it as long as possible to reduce inflammatory process.

Help me

Sukh

Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:00 am

Post Re: Got vb3 results back after hard prostate massage
That's bizarre man, I am at a loss as to tell you how to proceed. It can't be bacterial then. It sounds like you did a PES and a Stamey Mears. I am wondering if you have something else going on. I'd try to research why your type of arthritis occurs, and how to fix it. Maybe everything was on the verge of happening before your incident occurred?

Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:48 pm

How long have you been off of flagyl at one time, and was the pain unbearable?

Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:47 pm

Flagyl take two days to be out of my system. As soon as fagyl is out within week my arthritis and urithritis come back full power. There is no other antibiotics helps

However if I restart flagyl I feel better

My prostate secretions was done by another urologist but was check for growth of anarobic and aerobic bacteria that was neg.

So urine test after massage was last week could test false??

The lady at doc office took my urine after prostate massage and split it into two sterile cups to send for testing. How do I know I watched and spoke to doc at the office and they couldn't verify a code with lab. So they send two urine out but one was half of other.

But regardless would that alter the test?

It's just that most doc do not know how to order test correctly.

My pain is insane if I don't talk flagyl. I would need to take 2100 mg of I bro upon duexis and it would not help but flagyl works ok 1 mill.

Any idea?

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:43 am

The human body is probably the most complex entity in the whole universe. So there are loads of things that can go wrong, and the doctors will just say, sorry. It's not like a plane and you can take it apart and put it back together again unfortunately. I think it is probably the anti inflammatory activities of the antibiotic, but no one really knows. I'd just keep taking it and try and not go insane.

Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:49 am

Is there any other test I should do?

I forgot to mention that I was on flagyl when we did urine test after prostate massage, could this result in false neg?

Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:56 pm

If you have something that flagyl kills, it's possible. However there was another guy here who had confirmed trich prostatitis even with taking flagyl. I think something else might be going on man. Look into why the arthritis occurs and you may find something that solves both problems. Need to hit your condition from both angles. You've hammered the prostate angle pretty well, try to check into arthritis a little bit and see what you come up with.

Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:55 pm

I think you've just got to accept it and try and move on with life, I know it's hard.

Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:40 pm

World, have you heard of Reiter's Syndrome? There's all kinds of materials on Google about reactive arthritis and prostatitis being a complication. Check it out to see if any of the symptoms sound familiar, and how to test for it.

Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:29 pm

Inflamed: I already am diagnosis with retires syndrome aka Reactive arthritis new name.

The problem is ReA is trigger in hlb 27 positive individual with chlamydia and several other GI bug. I have been neg of all std including chlamydia and gonorrhea along with all the gI bug. You see why it's confusing now to doc.

Iinfection disease doc clearly stated that in 50% of cause is unknown. Not sure I buy that when I can pin point when everything is started.

Anther fact, ReA does cause prostatitis but it should all go away in 6 months. Its been nearly two years and my arthritis and prostatitis symptoms are not improving so Rehummy says I could have anklyo spondylitis now.

We'll if you were to check my blood is spot clean. No high inflammation or wbc or nothing nada. All rhumatologist test and infection is negative.

Out of. All antibiotics and painkiller FLAGYL Is only drug hat helps. Nothing else now of course immune supressive drugs will help but why am I going through this?

So you see I feel that the bug is in my prostate causing some sort of immune reaction and response.

I'm thinking it's anarobic where you cannot test for and that it die on oxygen contact. What do u think?

Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:04 am

Wow, man, I don't really know. When you first got the symptoms, did it hit your prostate before the arthritis developed? Like...did it take a while before the arthritis showed up?

Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:54 am

Prostatitis and Arthritis all came at the same time. Exactly, 4 weeks after the stinging after urination.

I was check for GC from day one before all meds. negative.

At 4 weeks, started getting joint pain, eye pain and sharp dull pain in the prostate. That continue until I started Flagyl. Everything just calm down.

All test is negative.

I guess Im going to have to live with this ..... I'm thinking about taking immuno supression drugs.

Could it be HIV? Like a rare form of HIV that is not detected on standard test?

In two years I've had Cd4 / Cd8 count and 40 HIV 1/2/0 p24 test - Negative.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:02 pm

Just curious, but what does your tongue look like, is it whitish? Do you have any problems with constipation, diarrhea? Sorry for the weird questions, typically good flora keeps infections in check to an extent. I am wondering if there's been a disruption from the antibiotics, and possibly even prior to that. Dysbiosis, I've heard, plays a role in autoimmune function.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:16 pm

Looks normal. Nothing wrong with that part of the body.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:35 am

All my tests are negative too, its the last thing you want really.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:40 pm

As of today marks 14 days of being on Flagyl 1500 mg a day. I am starting to realize FLAGYL is no LONGER working.

Yesterday, I had sever bout of arthritis flare up. Dry eyes, itching, muscle pain, shortness of breath, joint pain, depression, prostate flare up.

This lead me to think if Flagyl was really curing any bacterial / anarobic infection than I would not have any flare ups.

At this point I'm thinking of stopping Flagyl and go cold turkey - start prednisone (steroids) to see if this really makes any difference.

If I get the same effect as Flagyl then I would surely know this is anti inflammatory process that was helping.

Chris, what do you think?

Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:03 pm

Flagyl no longer works. Starting Prednisone today.

Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:00 pm

What dose are you on of prednisone? Worth giving a try, I was on 7.5mg per day and didn't see much for 2 months. Ok so flagyl doesn't work anymore, well I think maybe you need to find a rheumatologist who will give try DMARDs esp if the steroids work. If the steroids work it is more likely to be an inflammatory problem. Did you say you have spine problems too? Has AS been ruled out? I'm feeling less messed up atm with the lyrica and naproxen, but I have a problem that could be more due to my nervous system cos I get a lot of tingling, do you get tingling in hands? Best wishes.

Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:41 pm

Man, sorry to hear about the flagyl no longer working, that's terrible man. Have you looked into SIBO? I would check that out next. I'm thinking that's what's goin on with me. Prostate seems to be tied to gut floral health.

Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:44 pm

A prostate massage will only collect prostatic secretions. A vb3 taken after ejaculation however would also test your seminal vesicle secretions (accounts for 60-70% of the semen volume), as would a semen culture.

The negative results are only negative for the bugs that were tested for. That doesn't mean "no bacteria" per se. For example, a study (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 4715000580) last year found that a bug called Burkholderia cenocepacia was "overrepresented" in "men with Urologic Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome" (i.e. CP/CPPS). Its clinical significance, if any, is unknown but it is not routinely tested for.

Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:12 pm

Yeah but this guy has tried all the antibiotics over two years and has a bunch of other symptoms that strongly resemble reactive arthritis, but it didn't go away after six months which means it is chronic. That combined with negative tests means it probably isn't infected and much more likely to be an autoimmune problem which a rheumatologist can deal with.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:56 am

Inflamed wrote:
Man, sorry to hear about the flagyl no longer working, that's terrible man. Have you looked into SIBO? I would check that out next. I'm thinking that's what's goin on with me. Prostate seems to be tied to gut floral health.

There was a guy in this forum, bill-johnstl, that recovered using rifaximin. Ironically, after all the discussion about antibiotic prostate penetration, this guy recovered with a non-absorbable antibiotic. This antibiotic stays in the gut.

I know two other people that tried rifaximin and didn't have the same success.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:14 am

Maclondon: you are right but how can yiu get physician to agree with you. After going to serial of doctors one loses faith and just lives with it.

The article states using latest technology and for one I know none of the urologist I have been to have either the time or the knowledge nor motivation to figure out.

In other words, they will not go out of there way to do research and on top of that any request from patient is nuisance.

Look at my situation 32 year old healthy man after some urithritis started having arthritis symptoms to this day after seeing 20 physician yes that right 20 doc - none were bl to detect what was wrong and start of all this.

Clearly, Reactive arthritis is documented after urethane infection by chlamydia. But you look at my case all std are negative.

So what happens is people like me and Chris end up living with some uknown bacteria for rest of our live why because our urologist took the urine out to labcorp for most common bacteria and nothing was found so it was to assume the patient is hypochondriac.

Most doctors including urologist do not want to do prostate massage and nor know how to culture bacteria.

Obviously, we know whatever is causing my immune system to over react cannot be a serious bacteria else medical society would consider it as std. However, this so call bacteria is causing me serious life threat.

Finally, and I always being say this to my doc let's cure the prostate and I bet 100 percent my arthritis will go away.

You know what rhumatologist said, no way and that's not true. Why because I don't have an md degree? I know more about arthritis of AS this doc and know more about prostatitis than any urologist.

But you simply can't convince them.

Just fyi...if you no longer see me posting on this forum probably I died. This arthritis .... is going to shorten my life for sure. I'm already having heart issuesat 32 and never had single issue before.

What and who do I see now?

Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:32 am

A lot of doctors need to be humble and listen to the patients. I'm in the same problem as you. I have visited a lot of urologists these 2 years and I haven't came back again to most of them because they think they know everything and they don't listen what I have to say, what I have researched in the internet (which is serious).

One of them (which said my problem was psychological without doing any test) said "in the internet they don't know a f*ck". I sometimes have thought about coming back with my new diagnosis and tell him "if you had done a f*ck*ng (to talk in his terms) rectal examination you had realized that what I was suffering was a chronic prostatitis, but you don't know a f*ck".

I could be saved a lot of time if the first urologist I visited had examined me instead of saying stupidities to inflate his ego. Some of them looked like psychopaths to me, indeed. I think they should do a psychopathy test before giving a job to them.

I'm also sure that my problem is not only prostatitis, but something that affects my whole body and I'm scared, because that can worsen with the years and complicate seriously.

These days I'm sticking only to the doctors that show humility and are opened to listen (for now only the general doctor, still I haven't found one decent urologist). When you hear words like "hypochondriac", "psychological" or "mind" don't lose your time, leave him. Those words should be banned in the medical offices, it's insulting.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:29 pm

Maybe your Drs are correct? It's usually best to follow medical advice from a Dr rather from what you read on the Internet and your own opinions. It's impossible to be objective when your the one suffering.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next