Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 I have chronic non bacterial prostatitis 

Post I have chronic non bacterial prostatitis
I am a 64 year old male. I have lived with chronic non bacterial prostatitis on and off for 20 years.
I have over the years taken loads of antibiotics to no avail and each attack lasts a couple of months then slowly dissipates then goes away to slowly reappear around six months later. BY saying it is non bacterial I think is hard to verify as I think some bacteria could lay in the many crevices of the prostate and not be found by an antibiotic.(Well this is my thinking). Currently in my last attack the pain has increased and is like a burning cramp between my naval and pubic hair, and goes across my stomach with the center being the most painful and cramped. It feels like something is eating away at my insides. My current PSA level is 4.6. Urine levels are clear and have no signs of infection. I have years ago has semen samples taken and they were also clear. My prostate is enlarged at 55cc. and there is no post-micturition bladder residue 3cc. as shown in my last MRI scan in August 2015. There are several renal cysts, but my urologist is not worried by them. I have no problem urinating and there is no stinging feeling. The pain does increase on a full bladder and remains strong for awhile after urinating. I have found that with my current attack, for the first time I cannot ejaculate! The feeling required no longer happens!!!
For the pain I take Celabrex once a day for the anti inflammatory value, a Lyrica once in morning and once at night for nerve pain and sometimes penadol osteo. All these help, but only lessen the pain somewhat. Rubbing in rapigel and a heat pack on my stomach also helps a lot.
My doctor and my urologist are not sure what to do next. They are both sure its not cancer but my urologist thinks he may have no remove my prostate as a last resort. This worries me as I don't know which is worse the pain or the incontinence that may come with the prostate removal.
Has anyone else had symptoms similar to mine or has any recommendations, if so I would be grateful for your input.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:29 pm

Post Re: I have chronic non bacterial prostatitis
Have you tried any alpha blockers, like Uroxatral? Just curious.

When I was at the hospital recently, I spoke with a guy who had TURP done. Apparently they removed a small section of his prostate to free up his urethra. He said he was unable to get his wife pregnant after that, but he still had full function. He also mentioned that he was able to pee like a child again, with zero obstruction. So, I guess it would depend on the surgeon, if you opt to do it, make sure you get a surgeon who is skilled in prostatectomy and will promise to leave the nerves intact.

There's also another procedure that I hear has better results, it's called TUIP. Supposedly an incision is made into the prostate to free up the urethra.

I have found that hot baths greatly help when inflammation hits. I've been able to pee freely after I get out of a steaming hot tub after about 30 minutes or so.

Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:48 pm

Post Re: I have chronic non bacterial prostatitis
Hi "Inflamed" .....I tried Duodart but it had unwanted side effects such as it reduced the size of my genitals and also gave me shocking acid reflux where the acid came up and burnt my throat. I have not tried Uroxatral As I have no problem with urinating and there is no impairment to the flow of urine as far as I am aware.

Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]