Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 New Member- Is this prostatitis??? 

Post New Member- Is this prostatitis???
Hello fellow prostatitis sufferers

It’s my first post on here so go easy,

Just looking to check if my symptoms are relatable to anyone else, in early 2017 shortly after an ejaculation I needed to urinate, after urinating I felt this sense of remaining urgency and severe uncomfortableness and slight pain, this lasted for around 2 hours it settled but further symptoms remained for a few weeks such as, a different feeling when needing to urinate, increased sensitivity and a feeling of pressure around my bowels whenever I would pee. This went on, on and off for around 4 months, I went to the doctor, had a uti check which came back clear, prostate exam, clear, bloods and urine clear so I was referred to the urologist.

Around the summer of 2017 by the time my symptoms had subsided entirely my referral for the urologist had came through, discussed I detail my symptoms with him, due to my age he never wanted to do a cystoscope and basically said along the lines of, sometimes ejaculating can aggregate the urethra etc, anyway, I went home scratching my mind.

2 and a half years passed, no symptoms, happy days, happy life (sometimes)

Then in May this year after feeling slightly run down one day, another ejaculation lead me to the toilet, I urinated and suddenly felt that horrible urgency feeling again with extremely uncomfortable feelings down there and slight pain, this was absolutely horrendous and no matter what I done I couldn’t get any relief, I felt I was going to have to call an ambulance it was that uncomfortable... anyway, it eventually subsided and again for 2/3 weeks after I had the symptoms of strange feelings of full bladder and when to go pee and sometimes weird leg pains and pains which felt like were deep inside my arse.

Again though these symptoms resolved after a few weeks then I lived normally (aside from Covid) up until Friday night just there, Friday 25th September after another ejaculation I went to pee and again that old symptom had returned, excruciating need to urinate, uncomfortable feeling with some pain and again I now have those after symptoms as well.

Interesting my symptoms have generally only happened after an ejaculation, I do have a wife but it’s only happened after masterbation.

If this keeps happening she becomes more frequent life will become a bit of poisoned chalice for me and I could understand why people suffering these sort of symptoms could do something drastic.

Does my description sound like prostatitis? Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:36 pm

Post Re: New Member- Is this prostatitis???
Hello,

You dont get symptoms when you have sex with your wife only after masturbation? The prostate can spasm after ejaculation. I have had leg pains with spasms also by the way. I get that after bowel movements and masturbation sometimes. If you need to urinate it could the prostate pushing on the bladder. It doesn't hurt going to a Uro and having them check size and everything make sure not enlarged but if its bacteria in there which most of us have it doesn't matter if its enlarged or not can still cause symptoms. Mine is not enlarged but till i went thru treatments symptoms did not go away. Treatment as in drainage with abx therapy.

Good luck

Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:58 am

Post Re: New Member- Is this prostatitis???
it sounds like prostatitis to me.

have you had your semen or expressed prostate secretions cultured for bacteria?

Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]