Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 597 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next
 My story, chronic prostatitis associated with weak orgasms 

Post Re: My story, chronic prostatitis associated with weak orgas
Jaumeb,

Quote:
I think that excessive ejaculation taxes your body as smoking. You can't expect to undo the damage of years of smoking in a few days. Sometimes, the damage can't be reverted.

Yes. Surely if you ejaculate a lot of times in a day the body gets tired and your orgasm won't be the same as the first ones, that's normal. But I think that's not my problem. It's true that I have ejaculated more than 6 times in a day in several occasions, because I get desperate with those unsatisfactory orgasms; but once again, I think that that is a consequence and not the cause.

I mean, if my sexual functions and body were working correctly I could ejaculate a lot of times in a day without not too much problems. Remember the occasional improvements that I mentioned. Those days I can ejaculate a lot of times in a row and it's ok, the orgasms are quite normal and there is not much burning sensation.

I know you don't mean that, but I'm really tired of those doctors (yes, I have meet some of them) that reduce my problem to something like a "sexual obsession" and over-ejaculation. If it were that simple I would improve after a few days of abstinence. My body is sick, my sexual functions are damaged or unbalanced, and that's not something mild, it's clear. I need to know the cause and when I cure this I will feel satisfied before one orgasm and there will not be any need of doing it several times in a day. I'm not a sexual obsessed. I'm concerned with this because I know it's missing. Just try to imagine being months and years without feeling normal orgasms. It's horrible, indeed.

Quote:
The pshychological problems are caused by the toxic fungus metabolites. If you inject that toxics to a healthy person, it will present the anxiety, depression, obsession, brain fogg, etc.

Yes, I think the same. I hate how a lot of doctors treat me like if this is all caused by my mind and I were fool. It's blaming me for something that it's not my fault. I'm not a weak person, nor depressive. I have overcame a lot of difficulties in my life and alone. I was practicing karate to fight against my fears and maybe I'm psychologicaly stronger than those doctors who say those things to me. That's why I feel too angry with this. And the worst thing is that I return to home without any clue and no cure.

Anyway, why are you so sure that my problem is fungal? If it's really fungal how can I identify the exact fungus? Where can it be? Because I feel bad in all my body, that means it is in my blood? A blood culture to detect fungus could help?

I know I have had something bad in my body all this time. I can't sleep well because I can't breath correctly. I feel burning and pressure in my chest, my nose and throat are always blocked, and sometimes they burn. I can also hear a weird noise behind and in the sides of my nose, specially in the left one, like something crunching, and it palpitates, like if something is stuck inside. I have visited also a lot of otorhinolaryngologists for this issues and they don't find nothing in the CT scans. Then, they conclude that it's "in my mind".

I think all of this is related to the other problems (low libido, prostatitis...), I guess all shares the same cause. First, it was difficult to me to think that an infection could remain in the body so many years but it must be an infection because what else can be?

I have been taking dexamethasone a lot of days and I'm in the same condition (today I've taken 4 mgs. to test) so maybe mine is not a autoinmune disease but a chronic infection. But what infection can last so many years? What can it be? Where it is exactly? How can I detect it?

Quote:
I just read that you are flexible thanks to all your karate years. I am impressed. Maybe that's the reason your pain is not as bad as it is for others.

Or maybe my prostatitis has a different cause and that's why the sensations are different. My prostatitis causes burning, like nettles, not pain at all. In fact, when I'm without urinating or ejaculating it's very mild. I can't even notice if I don't pay attention. The only thing I notice all the day is the rectal burning and itchy sensations, whose intensity fluctuates but that is always there. And of course, the worst comes when I masturbate and ejaculate, that is where I suffer more. This thing is destroying my genital sensitivity, making the prostate, testicles and glans feel like if a mosquito had stung there. Another way to say it is like if I had mint or toothpaste inside my penis (and prostate). It's not pain but that messes with the temperature and ruins all the pleasurable feelings.

Teaking,

I need to identify what infection I'm suffering. Because I'm getting closer to the idea that what I'm suffering is a chronic infection that is messing with my whole body, and the prostatitis is only one of those unbalances.

If I have an infection maybe that's the cause whose I can't absorb well the vitamins and minerals. And also that could explain my chronic muscular numbness, legs palpitations, tremblings... etc... etc...

Fantom451,

Yes, I have tried a lot of things, even dangerous ones like quitting the carbohydrates several days which resulted in a low glucose. I already talked in detail about my diet changes and tests in the first page of the thread. I thing they won't work because if I have an infection no matters how I change my diet, I will feel sick anyway.

Thanks to all for your supporting and let's see if some day I can identify the cause and say that I'm cured.

Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:21 pm

I don't know if a blood culture will help. Furthermore, doctors will remind you that if you had a systemic fungal invasion you would be almost dead in the hospital. If you read the article by dr. Hyman I told you about you will know what kind of problem I am talking about. It's more an "overgrowth" or "unbalance".

I tested negative for candida antibodies in the blood test. There was Candida overgrowth in the labco stool test.

Keep sharing with us whatever you learn about this condition. If you ever need ideas of things to try, I can give some suggestions that probably won't help in any way.

Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:26 am

I forgot to mention that fluconazol is not fungicidal in general. It is mostly fungistatic. It does not kill the fungi directly but it gives the inmune system some advantage. I don't think that combining fluconazole with dexamethasone is a good idea as the latter will prevent that the inmune system does its part of the job. Dexamethasone may cause thrush as a side effect. Dr. Hyman mentions steroids as one of the triggers for fungal overgrowth.

Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:55 am

You mean this article, right?

http://drhyman.com/blog/2010/07/23/is-h ... g-you-ill/

I specially agree with this:

"In medical school, we are taught that you either have a disease or you don’t. It’s black and white. However, our bodies weren’t designed with an “on” or “off” switch for disease. All diseases occur in shades of gray along a continuum of imbalance along spectrum of disease."

I think my problem is one of those "gray zones" that doctors usually don't see as a serious disease, but to me it's a very dark grey, and I'm scared because with time and without treating it it could eventually turn black.

I thought that, if it is really a fungus what is causing this, it was in the blood because the condition is in my whole body. Maybe it's in the guts and that also affects all the organism?

I have tried a lot of diet changes and nothing made me feel even a little better. That's a bit confusing.

Jaumeb, do you have your personal story thread? I'm interested in reading about your case to see if it's similar to mine.

Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:27 pm

I don't have a personal thread, but I suffered more than 10 years of chronic diarrhea so I suspect the two of us can be in a similar position. My worst symptom is lower abdominal pain that prevents me from functioning normally. I also have psychological problems but the symptom I really want to be gone is the pain.

Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:20 pm

Guys, I've been doing some reading about the human microbiome lately as I've begun treating possibly leaky gut and SIBO (my tongue was very white also, headaches, intestinal gas). I read that the average male body has approximately 40 trillion bacterial microbes. So, I am thinking, if we keep taking high count probiotics like VSL3, etc., it will theoretically balance us out. It may take 3-6 months or so, but it should clear up the leaky gut and restore our flora. It may also clear up fungal infections as well, since they're microbial also and good bacteria usually keeps that in check too.

I read that probiotics should be taken on an empty stomach, to avoid acid killing some of them. If they give you an upset stomach, you can still take them with food though. Each VSL3 capsule has 120 billion microbes. So, if you took 10 capsules over the course of a few days, you would be adding back over 1 trillion good microbes. Out of those, say...75% makes it through to the intestines. That's a decent amount and would lead me to believe that 3-4 months of doing that would potentially make a very good impact.

It should also help with vitamin and mineral absorption, because the good will keep the bad in check and the digestive system will heal.

Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:43 pm

Inflamed wrote:
Guys, I've been doing some reading about the human microbiome lately as I've begun treating possibly leaky gut and SIBO (my tongue was very white also, headaches, intestinal gas). I read that the average male body has approximately 40 trillion bacterial microbes. So, I am thinking, if we keep taking high count probiotics like VSL3, etc., it will theoretically balance us out. It may take 3-6 months or so, but it should clear up the leaky gut and restore our flora. It may also clear up fungal infections as well, since they're microbial also and good bacteria usually keeps that in check too.

I read that probiotics should be taken on an empty stomach, to avoid acid killing some of them. If they give you an upset stomach, you can still take them with food though. Each VSL3 capsule has 120 billion microbes. So, if you took 10 capsules over the course of a few days, you would be adding back over 1 trillion good microbes. Out of those, say...75% makes it through to the intestines. That's a decent amount and would lead me to believe that 3-4 months of doing that would potentially make a very good impact.

It should also help with vitamin and mineral absorption, because the good will keep the bad in check and the digestive system will heal.

Thanks for your input, inflamed. I have also read a lot about human microbiome. And about fecal microbiota transplant too. I've tried many probiotics but not the vsl3. Maybe I should give that one a try.

Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:01 am

I'm interested in trying probiotics but I don't know where to begin. VSL3 isn't available here, in Spain, and the general doctor doesn't seem to know much about probiotics. I'm usually driking L-casei yoghurts and eating fresh cheese but I think that's not enough. I need something really good and complete to be sure, but what can I try? Where can I ask about them? I'm quite lost about this.

Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:07 am

If you're interested in probiotics, go to a naturopath or a healthfood store and ask what they would recommend.

Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:12 pm

Afaik vsl3 is available in Spain. And, for some people, yogurt and fresh cheese can do more harm than good.

Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:17 pm

You can order VSL3 online, I am not sure if they do international shipping though. They send it to you in a box with dry ice, so it stays cool.

Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:38 pm

Jaumeb, how do you know that VSL3 is available in Spain? I was searching it in the internet and I didn't find any place where they sell it. People were also complaining in a forum about that.

I'm not sure if fresh cheese and other dairy is harmful or good for me. I don't have any special symptoms when I take them, so it's difficult to tell. I have tested both quitting and adding by seasons and I don't see any noticeable differences.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:11 am

Apparently vsl3 is callex vivomixx in Spain.

I test foods one by one. I know that home made goat doesn't agree with me.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:46 am

I've found it with that name but it's quite expensive, 10 bags 17 Euros. Should I take it every day or can I use that 10 bags along one month? I can't afford taking one bag every day.

Anyway, I will think what to do after receiving the stool test results. I don't know if I have some pathogenic bug in my digestive system yet. I usually have too much abdomen pain, flatulence and pressure, specially when I wake up (I don't know why). And I see that related to the back/legs/muscular pain and the prostate problems.

Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:10 pm

The stool test seems to be clear. This is another disappointment, because I'm sure that my guts aren't working well and I don't know why. I don't know if they have checked all the stuff it can be found, though. I don't know if any other laboratory could find something.

What can I do? Should I take the mebendazole just for test or is it very risky?

This is not mild. It's clear that it's damaged (both genitals and guts). What can be causing this? It's a desperation, indeed.

Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:22 am

Another symptom I think I didn't mention which makes me think that I'm infected with something. When it's cold I feel the legs itchy (like if a mosquito had stung me). Does anybody have any clues?

Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:52 pm

Chavalote wrote:
Another symptom I think I didn't mention which makes me think that I'm infected with something. When it's cold I feel the legs itchy (like if a mosquito had stung me). Does anybody have any clues?

Some patients report flare-ups after sitting on a cold surface.

Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:15 pm

No, I don't mean that. I'm not talking about prostatitis. I'm talking about my whole body problem. This is not when I sit in cold places, it's when I go out and it's cold. My legs feel itchy (and arms a bit, also) like if the body were infected with something weird. That has lasted a lot of years also, and fluctuates. I have remembered it because this afternoon I have gone ouside, it was cold and my legs have got itchy.

Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:47 pm

Inflamed, you said this in another thread:

Quote:
"World, I seem to be having some stiffness and pain in my hands and hip lately."

This has caught my attention because I'm feeling also a mild pain and burning in my hands and wrists, and the most weird thing, I feel my hand palms like if there were callus in them, like stiff. I'm concerned about this and the tremblings. I think that that is pointing to some muscle/nerves problem, and that kind of burning is similar to the one I feel in the prostate zone, hips and legs, so I think all is related and when I find a cure all will go joined together; it's something I sense.

Is the thing I have described the same as you are feeling?

Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:03 pm

I have asked today to the general doctor about Rifaximin and he have prescribed it to me. I have taken the first dosage now and I hope this solve my problem, because my options are really getting narrower and narrower. The next thing I want to try the next month is the VSL-3, but I don't know what else can I try.

I have told the doctor the thing I experienced yesterday (and a lot of days but yesterday I specially paid attention to it). I noticed that when I urinate I don't empty the bladder at all and if I push the zone where it is I can take out a little more urine, but the burning and the "it hasn't ended yet" feeling are still there. So, after 5 minutes I urinate a little again, then another 5 minutes and again... That happened like 10 times. I was not drinking more water to see if that ended the problem but urine never seemed to end. I thought that's one of the things that is bothering my pleasurable feelings when masturbating and the orgasms.

The doctor have said to me that clearly that is indicating a prostatitis inside the prostate, near to the urethra. That has made sense to me, because my prostate is not enlarged. Maybe that's one difference between different kinds of prostatitis, and maybe that explains why mine specially affects the libido and the orgasms. Maybe the part of my prostate which is inflamed is the one that is in contact with the conduit the semen pass through (inside the gland).

I also noticed yesterday a very bad cracking in the glans skin that is more noticeable when the penis is not erect. I wonder if that's related to the prostatitis. I wonder if my semen is acidic and that burns my glans. Also, the burning that I feel in the glans is very similar to the one I feel inside my prostate.

I'll keep fighting against this curse until I beat it.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:01 pm

Updates.

- Today is my fifth day on Rifaximin and I haven't noticed any changes in my prostatitis (nor in my itchy/burning anus). I don't know if it's a coincidence but I have been having very itchy sensations in the chin and chest while sleeping. I have noticed it because I sometimes awaked because I was scratching myself.

- I quitted the glucocorticoids days ago because my prostatitis didn't improve but now I realize that maybe they made my semen more thick and white, because those days it was and now it's again like before (watery and with lumps). I don't know exactly if the cause were the glucocorticoids but it's difficult to think it's a coincidence. Anyway, I don't think that is related to the prostatitis because as I said I didn't feel any relief in it. I have saved a few pills thinking in taking them when I cure my prostatitis (maybe that would help). My dermatitis also has returned; that is something which I think that clearly glucocorticoids helped with but I can't be taking them all the time just because that.

Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:25 pm

I think the idea is to take the VSL3 immediately after rifaximin to repopulate the gut. I think it is probably best to supplement with vitamin d and omega3 oils as well. I think these support good gut health and good health generally. This is what I wish I had done over a year ago and I think all these problems may have never started.

Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:08 am

Hey guys, I read that the antibiotics and probiotics should be spaced by about 3 hours apart, that way the antibiotics won't kill the probiotics.

Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:54 pm

Thank, guys, for your supporting.

My idea is being 12 days (as the doctor said) with the Rifaximin treatment and then taking the VSL-3 the next month.

About vitamin D, I'm scared of taking it orally since the doctor told me that it accumulates in the organism. I'm also skeptic about thinking this will improve just by supplements such as omega 3 and vitamins, it has lasted a lot of years. I think there is some "big thing" causing this.

I have been suffering a house dust allergy all these years, I hope that is not the cause of my prostatitis, because my allergy seems to not respond to antihistaminines (at least the ones I have tried). I wake up always with the nose and the throat painful and obstructed. I wonder if that can be related.

Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:52 pm

Chav, do you have acid reflux, the kind that works its way into the throat? Every have ear pressure? If so, is it frequent? Vitamin D should help, especially if you're low. I can't take it orally though, for some reason the oral vitamin D aggravates my prostate and inflames it. I am not sure how, or why, but I think my body is keeping my D level low for a reason, but I can't figure out why. It'd probably be best to just go out in the sun for a couple of hours per day, but working at an office from 9AM until 6PM makes this difficult.

Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 597 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next