Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 610 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
 My story, chronic prostatitis associated with weak orgasms 

Post Re: My story, chronic prostatitis associated with weak orgas
How are your symptoms now Chavalotr?

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:35 pm

Basically the same, with the fluctuactions of always.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:20 pm

I have the same exact symptoms as you and some days my symptoms improve and I don’t know what causes the improvement. It’s weird how most people with this disease experience pain except us. I think the weak ejaculation is caused by the inflammation which blocks the ejaculatory ducts. I think the prostate gets congested which is why it doesn’t produce a strong ejaculation. It definitely feels congested during ejaculation. The bacteria is causing the inflammation so it makes sense to get rid of the bacteria. The only confusion is why do other guys don’t experience the same symptoms as me and you.

Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:09 pm

Hey guys, so, i have an update. Now, i don't wanna speak too soon, but i feel it's worth noting, and worth trying. I think i know why i was noticing some improvement a few times before and think i've pinpointed it. As you may know, i've mentioned i was taking Diflucan, Zinc, Allicin, sometimes Syrian Rue, i've taken Cipro, Bactrim, Azithromycin, various essential oils and some other herbals, and probiotics. Now, i no longer take the Zinc, nor the Allicin, i still experiment with the Syrian Rue here and there but that's besides the point, i've stopped taking essential oils, and other herbals, i no longer have to take Saw Palmetto or Pygeum Africanum, and my anti-biotic days are behind me.

I noticed beforehand that probiotics seemed to help a little bit, and the probiotic supplement i was taking had a few different strains in it, but one of the strains was Bacillus Subtilis, so recently i decided to try to find a supplement that contained just Bacillus Subtilis especially after seeing it had anti-fungal/fungacidal activity, supposedly. So i bought a couple probiotic supplements, one with just Bacillus Subtilis, and one with Bacillus Subtilis and Bacillus Coagulans. I tried both supplements at the same time, while still taking Diflucan, and noticed i started seeing further improvement, then i tried just the Bacillus Subtilis along with the Diflucan and things started regressing and going back to how things were, so i stopped taking the Bacillus Subtilis one and started taking the one that had both Bacillus Subtilis and Bacillus Coagulans, and things started improving again, so i stuck to that supplement while still taking Diflucan. Then, because of this whole pandemic thing and the mail system going slow and being overloaded, my recent order of Diflucan i think ended up getting lost in the mail, and since i was seeing definite improvement with the probiotic supplement, i decided i'd save my remaining Diflucan in case i needed it (trying to hold off until my new order of Diflucan arrived), and so a few days ago i stopped taking the Diflucan, and have been taking just the probiotic, so far so good.

Now, as far as the probiotic goes, i don't think it's the Bacillus Subtilis i'm noticing the improvement from, because the same form of Bacillus Subtilis (DE111) that's in the supplement with the Bacillus Coagulans, is the same form i was taking in the sole Bacillus Subtilis supplement, so i'm pretty sure it's the Bacillus Coagulans (MTCC 5856) that is causing the improvement.

I'm hoping for the best, and i have a feeling i'm on the right track with this stuff now, but i don't wanna jinx myself like i have before but i think i have it figured out now. I'm going to try to keep taking the probiotic supplement, without Diflucan (unless i feel it's needed again at some point), and see how things go. The lines on my nails, the lines under my penis head, and this boil looking thing on the side of my penis are clearing up, along with my eye floaters clearing up, which those are the indicators i've been watching for progress on this prostatitis thing. And it's crazy, the boil thing on the side of my penis pretty much burst open and shriveled down to it's non-existence only a few days into taking the probiotic supplement, so that Bacillus Coagulans is definitely without a doubt doing something useful.

I don't want to give people false hope, because i know how difficult and frustrating this prostatitis stuff has been for me, but i'm telling you, if you've tried almost everything else, or if you just wanna see if anything happens for you, try the Bacillus Coagulans. Other probiotic strains may be worth looking into, but definitely try the Bacillus Coagulans, i think for me at least, this is the key, the thing that's going to help me beat this. Plus, for those who've taken anti-biotics and such, it's a good idea to take probiotic supplements anyways imo.

The dosage i've been taking of the Bacillus Coagulans is 3 billion CFU's 2 to 4 times a day, so a total of 6 to 12 billions CFU's per day, and the dosage of Bacillus Subtilis i've been getting in the supplement is 1.5 billion CFU's 2 to 4 times a day, so a total of 3 to 6 billion CFU's per day. The supplement i'm using is Swanson probiotic gummies (1.5 billion, digestive health, fruity frenzy, 90 gummies per bottle, containing 1 billion CFU Bacillus Coagulans MTCC 5856 and 500 million Bacillus Subtilis DE111 per gummy), going through 2 to 4 bottles a month, though imo feel free to browse around for other probiotic supplements with the same strains and see if you can find good deals. I bought a bulk powder on amazon of Bacillus Coagulans 50 billion CFU per gram and am gonna try that soon when it arrives and see how it compares to the supplement i'm using currently and if it works just as good though it doesn't list the strain number, it just says Bacillus Coagulans.

Experiment around with this, and report back if you do, with your results. There may be hope yet, only time will tell. I thought this was important enough to bring up to people's attention, even though it's still early on in the game for me, but i'm seeing definite improvement and things finally don't seem to be getting worse after each ejaculation which is what was happening with everything else i've tried, i'd ejaculate and things would get worse and after a few days i'd start seeing some improvement again but everytime i'd ejaculate my progress would be reset, that doesn't seem to be happening with this Bacillus Coagulans stuff, so that's a good sign.

May this lead to effective treatments for those also suffering from this ridiculous issue. I will report back as time rolls on with any updates. Hopefully this is the answer i've been searching for.

Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:32 pm

I also have an update.

Few months ago I started taking the supplements with which I felt improvement years ago, but I didn't have the money to keep buying them at that time.

They were:

1 - Inositol.

2 - Ergy Base (a formula with some mineral salts).

3 - Fish oil.

I also have been taking zinc picolinate, nettle infusions (which I read are good to treat prostatitis). I also started getting sun baths 30 ~ 60 mins. a day. I also usually take infusions for relaxing such as linden, etc. And also some probiotics. Another thing I was taking was the NAC. I researched about NAC, which I was taking for the allergy and mucus, and I read that it can break the biofilms of enterococcus faecalis, and even kill them.

After a few weeks after I started doing all those things I had 4 or 5 days of amazing improvement. My libido improved a lot, and also my orgasms got better. That made me realize again how bad my sexual functions are usually. It has been the longest improvement in years, but I don't know the exact combination of things, along with the diet or even causes that I can't fathom now. One of those days I would get up in middle night with an erection, aroused and with an urge to masturbate, something that didn't happen to me for years. Those days, I also got scared thinking that something was going wrong in my body. But then things got worse again. My libido got down again, my orgasms almost gone and the burning in the ejaculations came back. It's a mistery because I'm still taking all the stuff, except the probiotics. Maybe I understimated them.

I also occasionally took baths with herbs, nettles, linden, etc. But I don't now if that played a role in that improvement.

I usually buy probiotics in the neighborhood pharmacy and don't look too much which bacterias they have. But I don't remember having read the two names you said in the box of the ones I bought (bacillus subtilis and bacillus coagulans). I don't know if they are rare in probiotics supplements but I can ask in the pharmacy if they have something which includes them.

Also, the days I got back my sexual functions to an acceptable levels (not perfect, though) I observed several things:

1 - The semen amount is bigger and also the semen is more liquid. When I'm in bad condition it's the opposite, few semen and very coagulated.

2 - The pleasure is noticeable soon after I touch my penis, and even with the erection.

3 - The arousal comes with a body heat which I found similar to that of the sun. So, I think that definitely the sun plays a role into this.

I would like to know the exact combination of things which triggered that improvement, because if I stick to it long enough maybe I can get cured. Maybe I understimated the probiotics and I should ask for one with the bacterias you said, specially the bacillus coagulans, which is the one which seem to have helped more in your case.

I'll tell how it goes if I can get it.

Now, I have been some weeks again with poor libido, weak orgasms, etc., as always. It's very frustrating to recover the sexual functions a few days and lose them again but that also is encouraging, because that means that this is something that can be cured.

Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:41 pm

I have got a probiotic with those two bacterias. Bacillus coagulans MTCC5856, bacillus coagulans SNZ1969 (I don't know what those letters and numbres mean, nor the difference) and bacillus subtilis DE111.

Today it's the first day I take them. I'm combining another probiotics with different bacterias also. I'll tell how it goes.

Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:42 pm

Awesome, yeah lmk how it goes for ya. Just remember that the dosage and timing (how much to take and how many times a day to take it) is still up in the air, but for me i'm seeing some good results so far with 3 billion of the Bacillus Coagulans MTCC 5856 and 1.5 billion of the Bacillus Subtilis DE111 3 to 4 times a day, for a total of 9 to 12 billion of the Coagulans and 4.5 to 6 billion of the Subtilis a day, i dose it either every 8 hours or every 6 hours. I'm still not needing to take any Diflucan so the only thing i'm taking is the probiotic, though i am taking Ibuprofen as well because i get toothaches and headaches and i find it also helps a bit with some of the prostate inflammation but the probiotic is definitely working and has taken the place of the Diflucan and seems to be working a lot better than the Diflucan. As far as probiotic dosage and timing goes, just experiment around see what happens imo, i may try to up the dosage further at some point or play around with the timing to see if i only need it once a day, or twice a day, or 3 to 4 times a day, idk the duration of action of the probiotic and that like anything else plays a role, so long as the probiotic remains active in the system it should keep things in check and keep things improving.

I tried a Coagulans bulk powder that i also found on amazon and while it seemed to be helping i went back to the gummy probiotics with both Coagulans and Subtilis, idk if it was just because the Coagulans powder wasn't as great or if it was a different variation of Coagulans or if the Subtilis is helping too, but either way the probiotic gummy i'm taking is definitely working. Probiotics may be expensive but i'm convinced there's something to it and it's working. I'm definitely noticing improvement, more improvement than i've noticed the last couple years, things do seem to be clearing up, idk how long it will take or how far it'll get me, but i'm hoping for the best and i think this will be what i've been looking for, seriously.

Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:15 pm

Ayaguy, I have a few questions.

- How long were you taking those probiotics before starting to notice improvements? I have read that probiotics can take long time before have noticeable effects. Sometimes even months.

- If I don't remember bad, your symptoms were similar to mine. Low libido and weak orgasms. Did your libido and orgasms improve also?

- Some probiotics need refrigeration. When this probiotic arrived it was very hot here and it was inside the van several hours. Do you know if those bacterias die if they are one day or two outside the refrigerator? I'm concerned about that because if they are dead it would be like taking nothing.

Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:40 am

I started noticing some improvements within a few days. Some probiotics may work over time, at least for some benefits, but other probiotics i notice pretty much right away or within the first few days or first few weeks. And yes so far i do notice a bit up an uptick in my libido for sure, and my orgasms do feel better. These probiotics in particular do not require refrigeration, they are soil based and spore forming organisms and survive heat and stomach acid.

Another thing to keep in mind, is that some things like maybe Alcohol, or certain herbs/supplements can have anti-microbial properties, and i've noticed that they can sometimes interfere in the recovery process, idk if it's because it interferes with the mechanisms of action of certain anti-biotics or anti-fungals or supplements, or if it's because they can kill off microbes in general and thus alters the microbiome which keeps certain bad organisms in check. So if you drink Alcohol, or if you take certain medications or supplements or herbs that have some anti-microbial properties, it may be worth laying off of them and try focusing on probiotics for a bit. Like for me, i'm not much of an Alcohol drinker, but i have noticed that Alcohol has sometimes made my issue worse temporarily but when i don't drink things start getting better again. Likewise, if i'm taking a certain herb or supplement that has anti-microbial properties, sometimes they too can interfere and things can get temporarily worse or progress can stall. Not everything does that, some things are additive and beneficial, but some things can be counterproductive. It's trial and error as always but worth taking into consideration imo.

Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:06 pm

thanks for the probiotic info. I will find some this weekend and start a regime and report back.

Just off a 20 day course of Nitrofuratin after a big flare up - 4-10% temporary improvement but i am really tired of antibiotics.

Will report back in a couple of weeks.

Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 610 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25