Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 597 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next
 My story, chronic prostatitis associated with weak orgasms 

Post Re: My story, chronic prostatitis associated with weak orgas
Chavalote wrote:
I don't know if lemon is different to lime in this, but some months ago I tried drinking baking soda powder dissolved in water and lemon juice a few days and didn't notice anything.

I think my prostatitis case is not common, that's why I thought the cause could be a fungus. I have taken my first dosage of fluconazole and haven't noticed anything special yet. Hope this works, because I don't know what else I can try.

Thanks for the information. It is really valuable to me. I think lime and lemon are the same. I tried them separately long time ago. I'm sorry to read that they didn't have the desired effect.

There is an article by dr. Hyman called "is hidden fungus making you ill?". When I read your long list of symptoms (anxiety, eye floaters, diarrhea, skin problems ... ) I always think it is fungal.

By the way, you mentioned you stay up all night. There is something called circadian rhythm disruption. I don't think this can bring your health back, but you may want to check it anyway.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:08 pm

i know that with anti-fungal meds for more common issues (like toenail fungus) generally take months to show any improvement so be prepared for the long haul

Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:23 pm

Intestinal gas can cause a lot of the symptoms you mention Chava. There's even reports of it causing prostatitis. I wonder what would happen if you tried some Nystatin, or Itraconazole and probiotics. When the intestine (due to gas and bloating) pushes on a certain nerve, it can cause heart palpitations, spinning room, eye floaters, headaches, nausea. I'm kind of going through that now.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:53 pm

Jaumeb,

Yes, I always try hard to keep sleeping at night and awake in the day but always I end falling again in the wrong timetable. There are several reasons: eye floaters (more annoying with the sunlight), depression and anxiety (for some reason I can be more calm in the night), and unemployment (when you have nothing to do you tend to sleep later and later and you end changing the timetable). I have tested months correcting the sleeping timetable a few occasions and didn't felt much good, though. These days, I'm waking up at 14 - 15:30 and taking sun like 30 or 45 minutes to see if that helps.

Anyway, I suspect something is unbalanced in my body since a lot of years ago. Something that keeps inflaming my body in differents parts and fluctuating depending on unknown factors.

WS1234,

I have read that it's not a good idea taking antifungals too long. They can damage the liver or the kidneys. I'll try one week just to have a clue. If I get better, even if it's a little better only, then I can think in a fungus as a cause. I guess one week is enough to see at least some improvement.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:35 pm

Chava, do you crave sweet foods? If so, probably candida.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:12 pm

Sometimes only. But the things I most crave are salty. I really don't eat much sweet things.

Today I have taken 3 mgs of glucocorticoids like Maclondon said and also my first dosage of fluconazole and this hasn't changed a little. I've masturbated to test it and my penis burns inside (under the skin and in the glans when the penis skin touch it), that kills all the good sensations. It's frustrating. The erection is also difficult to maintain and the orgasm very difficult to reach due to that damned burning, and when it comes it's like urinating semen, no pleasure. It's like masturbating with nettles in the penis, indeed, very weird.

I don't know what could be causing this. If it's a fungus maybe it's too fast to expect an antifungal to make any effect.

Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:47 pm

Today, during the night, I have had a painful erection. The pain could be felt from the prostate zone through all the penis. I have had that other times but today's have been more intense, enough to awake me several times. Then, when I have urinated, the prostate and the urethra have burned also more than always, and I have now also a pain in the back much stronger than usually. It's like if all the symptoms has worsened.

Does this means that dexamethasone or fluconazole has changed something? Maybe it's what Maclondon said? Or it's just that I have a bacteria infection and killing fungus have worsened it? The pain is much noticeable than always, it's not my impression.

Inflamed, sorry, I had missed your comment about gases. Yes, I have usually gases and pain in the abdomen, that fluctuates. Specially when I wake up.

Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:59 am

I know someone that tried terbinafine and didn't complete the course due to side effects.

I tried nystatin and I couldn't notice any difference in my symptoms.

Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:22 pm

Chavalote, I found a story of a guy that had symptoms similar to yours and tried fluconazole.

I think the guy didn't recover with the diflucan, as he kept trying new things and looking for answers.

Edit: I removed the copy-pasted text and sent you a PM.

Last edited by jaumeb on Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:39 am

Can you post the original thread, please? I want to follow it. Maybe his case is similar to mine.

I also have those vertical ridges in the nails, I thought that were normal but maybe not; they are subtle, though.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:10 am

Ok, new updates.

I have been taking glucocorticoids and fluconazole these days and no changes. Even sometimes I feel very bad. Today is my last day of a week with fluconazole and I must think about trying another things. Maybe it's not a fungus or maybe it is and fluconazole can't kill it. This is frustrating, indeed.

My new hypothesis is pointing to a chronically leaky and damaged gut by some infection that has lasted a lot of years in my body unbalancing it. A lot of symptoms that I read in the threads that Jaumeb said are very similar to mine and they were talking about chronic parasite infections in the digestive system. Also, the bacteria they found in my urine culture was an enterococcus faecalis, which makes me think that some gut bacterias are leaving the guts and entering in other parts of my body. I have had for more than 10 years symptoms that I'm used to, like these:

- Itchy anus that fluctuates. Sometimes when I scratch it I can tell even above the underwear that it's wet, like if something thick is coming out (it may sound weird but it's texture is like semen).

- Itchy scrotum and sides of the groin that also fluctuates.

- Permanent thick saliva that can accumulate in the depths of the trhoat and complicate the breathing.

- My tongue is chronically inflamed and I have dental marks in the sides.

- Sometimes I have had a very bad bruxism while sleeping. It can even awake me.

- White tongue and bad taste in the mouth specially when waking up or being a few hours without eating.

- When I lie down I can feel tingling and palpitations in the guts.

- Chronic muscular pain and difficulty to breath that fluctuates.

- Muscular tingling and burning, specially in my legs part lower to the knees. Sometimes it feels itchy. I can tell that more intensely when I ejaculate. It's indeed the same burning that I feel in the prostate zone that seems to go through my legs.

- Back pain.

- Sometimes my feces can be very flimsy and I can see white things, like rice grains, mixed in them.

- My rectum burns a lot when I go to the WC.

I'm also suspecting that because when I was living in Japan is when all of this started and, as I said, I was living in a very poor conditions, in a dirty guest house and also I remember I drank water several times from a water tap in the karate dojo which later I found nobody used to drink, but to clean the rags for cleaning the floor. Maybe I got infected by something since that.

The problem is that I have read that doctors usually don't know much about weird parasite digestive infections and the exact cause is difficult to detect. I'm going to ask about it today to the general doctor and see if I can at least test some drug to clean the digestive system from any possible parasite or fungus infections because I find very difficult to detect the exact bug and I don't know how for the moment.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:51 pm

Chava, I wonder if a medical food supplement called Enteragam would help you? I have been taking that lately and things have gotten better for me, my prostatitis is almost gone. I think the problem lies in the digestive system. If there is any bacterial overgrowth, the body is unable to utilize vitamins and minerals properly, leading to systematic inflammation. The prostate and urological system needs several vitamins and minerals to function properly. Also, if food is improperly digested, it leads to a lot of intestinal gas which can also cause prostatitis.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:15 pm

Inflamed wrote:
Chava, I wonder if a medical food supplement called Enteragam would help you? I have been taking that lately and things have gotten better for me, my prostatitis is almost gone. I think the problem lies in the digestive system. If there is any bacterial overgrowth, the body is unable to utilize vitamins and minerals properly, leading to systematic inflammation. The prostate and urological system needs several vitamins and minerals to function properly. Also, if food is improperly digested, it leads to a lot of intestinal gas which can also cause prostatitis.

Inflamed, this is a huge discovery.

Chavalote, there is an intestinal dysbiosis test by labco that you can take if you suspect fungus/parasites.

Regarding the die-off question you asked in another thread, I can tell you die-off exists. A guy ended in the emergency room after taking a full dose of S. Boulardii. Then he tried the SB starting with a tiny dose (opening the capsule) and this time he recovered.

I have other ideas but right now I think we have to focus on the enteragam.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:59 am

Yesterday the general doctor prescribed me a stool test. I don't know how accurate it will be but I'll try it first because my insurance covers it. Also I asked for a medicine for killing several parasites just in case and he prescribed me mebendazole but I haven't tried yet because I'm waiting for doing the test before. First, I want to see if the test shows something.

I have searched about Labco and it seems they also have offices in Spain but I guess the tests would be expensive. If this test doesn't shows nothing I don't know if it would be worth to try another there. I don't know the differences between the labco analysis and my insurance ones.

Another symptom I forgot to mention is that my nasal mucus always is very white and thick, and also smells strange. This also has lasted a lot of years.

About enteragam, I have searched about it in the internet and it seems it's not being sold in Spain. It only appeared one result in Spanish from people with irritable bowel syndrome complaining about in Spain you can't get it.

Anyway, for now I must check if I can locate the exact cause of all my symptoms. I really hope that this test shows something, because that would be a very big step.

I suspect that I've been infected with something for years. I can tell that because how my whole body feels. Yesterday, I was masturbating just for trying if I got some improvement and I could observe that touching the penis feels like if there were something itchy inside, like tiny points that moves along it. I don't know if that sensation comes from a prostate infection and expands for all the genitals or if it's something in the blood that affects specially that zone because it's very sensitive, but I got too anxious thinking about it. I mean, you know you have there something bad and you don't know what it is, nor how to remove it. And the doctors also haven't any clue. I don't want to live the rest of my life with this.

The eye floaters are also something that is ruining my life. I can't even write calmly in this forum because depending on how I move the eyes I can see black threads in my sight. I want to stop this (whatever it is) forever before it destroys my body more.

Maybe my next step would be doing a blood culture to see if I have any chronic infection in the blood. As I said, I can tell just before ejaculating how my muscles burns and specially my legs feels itchy, numb and tingling. It's like if that thing I could call "anti-orgasm" makes me feel bad in all the body.

Jaumeb, about what you said in the other thread about the S. Boulardii, I guess it could work depending on the case. If the cause of the prostatitis is a candida overgrowth in the guts maybe it would work. The problem is that I don't have a clue about what is the cause in my case. If it were a fungus like candida I guess I could have had some relief with the fluconazole and I didn't improved nothing at all after one week taking it.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:53 pm

Chav - I would highly recommend that you seek a psychologist or counseling to help manage your anxiety and to help you cope with the discomfort. Can't hurt to have an expert help you with coping while you sort things out.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:55 pm

I took mebendazole for pinworms. It didn't touch my symptoms.

You already know what I think. I think it is fungal, although it does not respond to fluconazole. I think you are making yourself sicker every time you masturbate. And I think the first step is to heal the gut. I just don't know how.

And these are all hypthesis. I made many mistakes in the past. I could be wrong on these.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:19 pm

WS1234,

My problem is not psychological, it's physical. My anxiety and depression are caused by this condition and they will disappear when I get cured, I'm sure of that. A psychologist won't help me. In fact, a lot of doctors have talked to me like psychologists, blaming me for "being stressed", "concerning too much", "feeling anxious" and so on, and that only hurts me and worsens my depression. It's just unfair. It's chaning the order of things. First, there is a physical problem that is literally ruining my life and then, as consequence, there is my mood, and not the opposite.

The general doctor told me yesterday something that I agree totally. He said that the libido is related to the vital drive, and if you have your libido low that means that your vitality is low. In other words, a low libido is pointing that you are not healthy. I'm tired of the prejudice that libido = mind.

I want to center in my physical unbalances and the way of fixing them, because that's the main problem and there is nothing wrong with my mind. The body heals, the mind heals, it's really as simple as that.

Jaumeb,

Are you experiencing similar symptoms to mine? Do you feel identified with them? Because my prostatitis is weird. It's not the same as the ones a lot of men describe in these forums. They usually don't talk about low libido, weak orgasms, lack of sexual arousal and pleasure, itchy and burning genitals and rectum like if there were nettles in them, etc. . They describe an unbearable pain that I'm not suffering. That's why I think it's a different type of prostatitis. That's also why I am so anxious. I feel that my problem is difficult to resolve because it's not common.

My libido and sexual pleasure are gone even if I masturbate once per week or several times in a day. The problem is that this is not working correctly, and not if I masturbate or not. I have tried abstinence a lot of times and it didn't get better, and sometimes I have inexplicable improvements that can last one or two days. If I masturbate a lot of times these days it is ok, not at 100%, but it doesn't burn like in the worst times. Maybe these days, for some unknown reason, my infection gets a little controlled. I haven't had days like that the last 3 months, though. It's something that only happen very occasionally.

Tomorrow, I'm going to take the stool test to the laboratory and let's see if they find something. I will think what to do next after that. I don't know if I should try the mebendazole even if they don't find nothing just to test, or if I should try another antifungals. Maybe you are right and it's a fungus, but why fluconazole didn't change nothing? What other options are for fungal prostatitis (involving other parts of the body also)?

I've been like in a dark well a lot of years, without any person to talk about this. I can't see my libido, orgasms, erections and arousal recovering again. I need to see some little light in the middle of the well darkness. I appreciate any advice or information about my condition. I really want to cure this and start to live again.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:18 pm

I believe my prostatitis is also muscle related, the seat cushion I bought has helped me a great deal. That combined with this enteragam and I feel better. The prostate inflammation seems to be gone, but I still have trouble starting urination. It's like the muscles won't relax fast enough, and I have to concentrate on relaxing down there, before I start to urinate. If I am active and exercising, or working outside I seem to have very little trouble urinating.

Enteragam heals the gut lining so that vitamins and minerals are absorbed and converted properly. It also helps to take a good probiotic to balance out your flora as well, which should speed things up a bit.

I'm not exactly sure what's working for me, all I know is that I'm not taking antibiotics anymore after about 9 months worth, and things finally seem to be getting better, little by little. I think if I can solve the remaining muscle component, I'll be clear.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:29 pm

Prostatitis can also be parasitical, it's rare, but it has happened. Definitely get checked out for parasites Chava. If it's not that, I would almost bet you have SIBO to some extent. If it's SIBO that's causing your problems, you can heal naturally and you'll be fine, it will just take a little bit of work to even you out. The eye floaters, anxiety, and various pains can also be from lack of vitamins and minerals as well.

I've had low magnesium from time to time due to quinolones, the side effects from that class of medications are difficult to handle. I've had joint pain (hips) a few times, and pressure behind my eyes also.

I would concentrate on healing the gut lining, while adding probiotics and eventually a multi-vitamin / multi-mineral supplement to see if you get better, especially if all urinalysis and semen cultures come back negative. Also, you might want to check out prostate seat cushions as well, if you're sitting a lot at work, or during the day.

Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:55 pm

You can also take activated charcoal capsules, or bentonite clay to manage die off symptoms. They both work well.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:00 am

It's difficult to me to think that my prostatitis is caused by some muscular problem which can be healed with physiotherapy sessions. Of course, if you are suffering an infection, allergy or any other unbalance your muscles won't be ok. But that is a consequence and not the first cause. I think that if my prostatitis was caused only by a muscular problem it would fluctuate more often (for example, I would improve when I stop sitting and do some physical exercise) and maybe it wouldn't have lasted too many years. I guess I also wouldn't have itchy and burning sensations in the genitals and anus, and either the difficulty to arouse. How can a muscular problem trigger all of that? It sounds strange to me.

Anyway, Inflamed, do you feel identified with my symptoms? Because maybe our prostatitis types and causes are different.

I don't know if enteragam could help with my condition but I can't get it in Spain. Are there any similar thing commoner?

Referring to what you say about magnesium and lack of vitamins, I think I'm suffering that but not because the antibiotics. I really haven't taken too much antibiotics and the ones I took were quite recently, and this condition has lasted a lot of years.

I also have that hips joint pain sometimes, specially when I lie down on a side (more the left) and also that pressure (and a mild burning that fluctuates) behind my eyes.

I have taken today the stool test to the laboratory and I have been told that the result will be ready the next Monday. I hope they find something, so I can have a reference of the cause. I need to know the first cause of this to get rid of it.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:46 am

The stool test is a step in the right direction. It is critical to heal the gut and stop the diarrhea. I don't think that test is going to be the solution though. Just a step.

I think that excessive ejaculation taxes your body as smoking. You can't expect to undo the damage of years of smoking in a few days. Sometimes, the damage can't be reverted.

The muscular problems are secondary to the fungal overgrowth. I would be surprised if you told me that your pelvic muscles are relaxed and flexible.

Glutamine is available at every nutrition store. In theory, it can be useful to heal the gut. I took it for months and I didn't recover. As always, it is difficult to say if it helps or not.

The pshychological problems are caused by the toxic fungus metabolites. If you inject that toxics to a healthy person, it will present the anxiety, depression, obsession, brain fogg, etc.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:52 pm

I just read that you are flexible thanks to all your karate years. I am impressed. Maybe that's the reason your pain is not as bad as it is for others.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:14 pm

Muscular problems in your pelvic floor can affect the nerves and alter sensation muscles and nerves do some crazy things.

You should always rule out infections etc, as inflamed as mentioned if you do have a deficiency it could affect your muscle strength and it could cause some of your symptoms.

Im going to get a nickname of the vitamin d man around here as i seem to bring it up all the time but as defficiency was brought up just going off what you listed muscle weakness, bone pain, fatigue, nerve pain I would ask for a vitamin d 25 hydroxy blood test and a magnesium test as pointed out. Both are linked with chronic pain there probably cheaper than all the other tests you have had. If there normal it rules it out and you can narrow your search down.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:43 pm

Chav, I was reading some of your recent posts, and although I recommend checking out muscles and physiotherapy (as I believe it was the original cause in my ongoing case, and probably many others), I agree with you that it's not likely that yours was caused by muscle tension. It might help a little to try it, but it sure does sound like you have some systemic/full-body problem going on. I truly hope you are able to figure it out and begin resolving it soon.
I was wondering, have you tried any sort of Elimination diet or anything diet-related to see if you can kill off any bacteria/fungus/etc., or remove any allergens that you may be unaware of? I see a lot of references to eliminating sugar, caffeine, milk, spices, and/or gluten. I believe fungus/bacteria require sugar to survive. Gluten/milk/etc. could be causing a mild allergy that is having a domino effect. But I think it might be simplest to just eat nothing but chicken and rice for 2-3 weeks and see if anything changes. I know that sounds horrible, but if it worked, you and I both know we'd do it for the rest of our lives :) Anyway, let me know if you've given that a shot before.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 597 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next