Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 25  Next
 My story, chronic prostatitis associated with weak orgasms 

Post Re: My story, chronic prostatitis associated with weak orgas
Inflamed wrote:
Yeah, it's best to buy organic flour, yeast, and a bread making machine. That way you get no added crap, fillers, or preservatives.

I suspect it can be even more complicated. I would look into sourdough prepared with traditional grains. But that's way too complicated for me. I started reading a book called "nourishing traditions".

And I started the vsl3 (vivomixx).

Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:35 am

I'm going to try Flagyl from today. I have told to the general doctor about my trichomonas supposition and he has prescribed it to me. I guess he understand my desperation and that I want to try anything if it's not too dangerous (like some antibiotics).

I also have started the peppermint oil that is being commented in another thread.

Hope that something works.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:27 pm

I thought not trying it again but I have tried the prostate massage one more time. This time I have used a more gentle ballpen (ending in a round form) and at first no blood have come out but after a while and having made come out a little preseminal fluid by pushing that zone I have found little drops of blood in the ballpen. Maybe my rectum is permanently hurt (hemorrhoids?) and that can make it's "walls" leaky and bacteria can pass to the prostate? What the hell is happening there? It felt less painful than the other day but it seems inflamed or hurt.

I'm getting really desperate and sad. Should I check if I have chronic hemorrhoids? I don't want to make a colonoscopy, though. What can I do?

Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:05 pm

Be careful doing a prostate massage. If you're using a toothbrush, don't use the tip of the toothbrush to do the massage. Instead use the 'shaft' of the toothbrush to apply gentle pressure on the prostate.

If you've been use using the tip of a toothbrush or ballpen, then that would explain why you've had some bleeding.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:29 pm

I don't think a full colonoscopy is needed to see hemmos. As I see it, there is no need to know if you have them.

Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:24 am

Really I don't know well where the prostate is. I have difficulties reaching it. I have been looking at those anatomy pictures but when I try the massage I can't notice where is it. So I insert the toothbrush or ballpen and move it to seek for the sensation. When I have it I lose it right away. I feel that the rectum hurts more than the prostate itself. It's the kind of pain you have when you suffer diarrhea, a pain that I can have a lot of times but when doing that it's more intense and it remains a little, and a feeling that there are gases.

Also, it seems that that stimulates the guts and I have an urge to defecate. The feces are thin and not much consistent. They are not too thin but less than normal, maybe like 1'5 or 2 cms. The last ones are the thiner and they are not long, they usually are cut in pieces because they are not consistent. I have had that problem a lot of times, it usually happens when I defecate 2 or 3 times in a day (I even have had anxiety due to that because I read that thin feces are related to colon cancer). The second and third time are usually like that, but it seems that massage triggers that.

I really have not so much diarrhea, but that thin feces that usually happen more than 1 time in a day and come with burning in the rectum and an urge to defecate. I even can notice when that's going to happen because it feels that when you have diarrhea.

Yesterday, when I tried the massage I had those feces right away and even now I'm feeling the burning and gases. So, I guess the rectum is chronically inflamed and maybe that is pushing the prostate.

I tried the massage because I have been days with a flare-up. The erections are painful and the prostate zone burns, specially when urinating.

I also broke the abstinence yesterday (only lasted 3 days) because I thought I must ejaculate after the massage try. The ejaculation was as in the worst moments, too burning. That makes me feel anxiety and even rage, because if I think "I can't have a normal orgasm, no matter what I try" I feel very bad.

Jaumeb, why do you think that there is no need to test if I have hemorrhoids? This burning feels like if it had his basis in the rectum, indeed. Have you any other theory?

Now I'm with the peppermint oil, the flagyl and the vivomixx but I feel like if nothing is going to work and desperate.

Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:09 pm

Knowing that I have internal hemmos has not helped me in any way. That's why I say they are unimportant, irrelevant.

Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:57 pm

But did you cure them?

Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:06 pm

About hemorrhoids - I have mentioned before that a small scope done in your regular doc's office can detect these. These CAN be treated; however, I wouldn't think now is a good time to do the removal of hemmies since you have so much inflammation in the surrounding area. The removal is uncomfortable and probably would be BAD to mess with blood vessels right now. But if you are having lots of gut issues, you should see a Gastroenterologist and see if they recommend a colonoscopy. Just to rule out any other weird things going on in the gut (not saying cancer but there are lots of things they can see). Who knows, he may find the root cause of your other symptoms as well.

Thin Feces - from what you describe, I believe I have experienced the same phenomenon, but mine has become less persistent than yours. I think I figured out that a particular cereal (or possibly milk) that I eat was related. I did gluten free for 2 weeks and did not eat cereal among other things. Well I noticed I stopped having bowel problems (no more thin feces, urgency, diarrhea-like pains) and so I started back eating some gluten things like bread and they still did not return. On some days I ate a particular cereal, and I had the bowel pressure/urgency all day long. I don't know which ingredient, or whether it's a large quantity of milk that does it, but it definitely seems to be related to this one cereal.
What kind of diet are you on right now? I saw some posts where you asked about different diets, but how long did you really try them?

Next..... I think it would be a good idea to stop masturbating for a couple weeks, also. If you masturbate and things start burning, that's a sure sign that you should NOT masturbate. I made it 2 weeks last summer and ended up with a wet dream. I don't know if that counts the same as masturbating, but who knows. I am probably due to go a while without masturbating, myself, to see what happens. I do understand your fear of not doing it is maybe making things worse. Also, I can not recommend enough that you stop using toothbrushes/etc in your rectum. I don't think anything good can possibly come from doing that. A professional Uro massaging with his finger? Sure. But not poking your prostate/rectum with blunt objects. And even a Uro will probably tell you to let things COOL DOWN as much as possible before he works on your prostate.

If I were you, I would do the following over the next 90 days:
1. Relax. Meditate. Promise yourself, "I'm not even going to think about this problem for the next 3 months. I'm going to disengage from it and let it heal itself." This is critical because you seem to be trying to force your body to do something, which is not something human anatomy typically does.
2. Avoid masturbation entirely. If you have a wet dream, that doesn't count.
3. Spend (AT LEAST 2 weeks minimum) eating a barebones diet. Enough to be healthy and for your body to repair, but avoid indulgences--it's going to suck but think about healing and going back to a regular diet in a few short months..... Veggies (avoid nightshades that could cause inflammation. And only organic), chicken, and rice. Just water to drink.
4. Do NOT insert anything into your anus/rectum. Don't poke/prod anything. Leave it all alone just for this time period.
5. Sit in a HOT HOT bath as many times a day as possible (like 3-4 times for 20 minutes each).
6. I would STOP all medicines, supplements, vitamins, oils, etc. There is no way to know which of these things is helping you right now. One might be helping and you not know it because another is increasing inflammation.

#6 you could skip, but please try 1-4 for A LONG time. A week is not going to do anything, as I have said to you about other things.

Just a plan by a guy who is not a doctor. I don't really have anything else to say. We're in a similar situation and if I knew more I would share it. I don't seem to get much activity on my thread and I'm about at the end of my knowledge-base.

Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:09 pm

By hemorrhoids removal you main a surgery? I want to avoid invasive treatments by the moment. But maybe I should treat them in some way, for example some lotion that relieves the inflammation.

The colonoscopy is something I want to avoid absolutely. My brother got one done and he said that they anesthetize you. That scares me a lot. In general, I want to avoid any invasive diagnosis method or treatment as much as I can.

I also have struggled a lot to find the cause of my thin feces and those several defectations in one day but I haven't been able. I stopped gluten for almost one year and nothing changed. The thin feces thing can happen one day and then stay without appearing one week or two, or be more recurrent. Maybe another factors affects, such as emotional ones, who knows. Sometimes they look quite random to me.

I usually try the diet changes for several months to one year (like the gluten free one). I have also tested a diet free of dairy several times. Sometimes I were one month, other more... I'm now going to a dietician and following her diet. Basically I'm eating these things:

-- Carrots (always boiled), potatoes, chards, tomatoes, aubergines, lamb's lettuces, peppers, broccoli (only one time per week because she said it can be flatulent), avocado, spinach, onion.

-- Tofu, champignon mushrooms, omelettes, chicken, turkey, lamb meat (only one day per week. She said that I must take iron by that), lentils (also one day per week and well boiled), integral rice.

-- Tuna, hake, salmon.

-- Rice or corn pancakes.

-- Fruit. Bananas, kiwis, strawberries...

-- Occasionally integral bread with cold meat, popcorns, sunflower seeds, walnuts, white basmati rice (specially when I have the thin feces thing like diarrhea).

I usually add lemon and olive oil to the salads. Also I add cardamom, clover, dill, oregano and other herbes de provence, soup tablets and salt (unrefined) to the cookings.

Maybe there is something that I have missed but this is my current diet more or less.

The abstinence is a hard challenge to me, not because my libido, which is quite low, but because I miss my orgasms so badly and when I have been several days without masturbating I think "maybe I can feel it a little better?", and sometimes that works and my orgasm is only a little more noticeable, but sometimes it's horrible and I regret. Think that I have been a lot of years without orgasms, normal arousal and any pleasurable sexual sensations and I miss them a lot. I have lost a lot of patience with these years. I would do a long abstinence if I had the guarantee that that would work but it's hard engaging in that without knowing if it's good or the opposite.

The hot baths is something difficult to do for me because my bidet is broken (the plug just doesn't work and the water gets empty in a few minutes). I guess in the bath is not the same because you have also hot water in your legs and feet. I have read that the hot water should only warm that zone to be effective.

Believe me when I say that I have tried a lot of times to relax, to don't think too much about this, but it has been so long and exasperating. We are talking about not being able to remember what a normal masturbation feels like. I feel like an eunuch. I have lost my sexual functions for a very long time and I don't know if someday I will be able to recover them. Also I'm living alone and the doctors don't take this with seriousness (too much blaming me saying stupidities like the "it's all in your mind" thing. They don't think seriously about the male sexual problems. I really hate that).

I'm really tired of this and desperate. Few months ago I wouldn't had tried so much drugs but I'm in a point where I want to see any relief, no matter if it's only a bit, but any at least, so I can have hope.

Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:05 am

Almost one week of Flagyl and my prostatitis doesn't get better nor even a bit, even it is worsened, I feel pain when ejaculating and the rest of the time a mild itchy feeling. I guess trichomonas was not the cause. From the start I knew the probabilites were low but I wanted to try it just to discard it.

Maybe after all the cause of this is the enterococcus faecalis that has appeared two times in my cultures. The general doctor today has told me that if it has appeared two times the probabilities of this being the cause are high. He has prescribed me Ampicillin. It's one of the antibiotics that appear as sensitive in the antibiogram of October. I'm going to do another culture after to see if it appears again.

I don't feel confortable with the idea of taking antibiotics again, specially after having taken probiotics, but I think I can't ignore that bacteria anymore.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:16 pm

Two days of Ampicillin and no changes. My prostatitis is in it's worst times and I don't know why. I can't see any relief in years. I feel no pleasure when touching my penis, only burning and itchy feelings. The erection is very numb also. This is frustrating. I want to get cured of this. I can't bear it anymore.

I'm wondering if I could use the Levofloxacin combined with this. I have a Levofloxacin box which I didn't use in the past. Do you think it's too dangerous? I think this faecalis have created a very strong biofilm with the years and the Ampicillin maybe it's not enough to clean it. In the study I posted in the other thread says that Levofloxacin is the most efficient to treat it (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1383).

Quote:
(...) levofloxacin shows a broad antibacterial spectrum for both gram-negative and gram-positive pathogens from CBP. Furthermore, it is dosed on a once-daily basis and displays significant penetration into the prostate with a favorable prostate tissue-to-plasma ratio [22]. For these reasons, we conclude that levofloxacin may have better cure rates for E. faecalis from CBP than any other fluoroquinolones such as norfloxacin and ciprofloxacin.

Any advice is welcome. I'm really desperate and I don't know what can I do. My sexual functions are totally gone.

Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:00 am

have you ever had a poor reaction to an AB? sounds like you don't have much to lose. I have tried Lev. and didn't experience any side effects.

Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:58 am

Antibiotics scare me. I haven't had anything too bad but I suspect my tremblings are due to the ones I took months ago. And also I have a mild tinnitus that was supossed to disappear after the treatment but it's still noticeable (after 3 or 4 months). My biggest fear is the Steven Jonhson Syndrome. In the Levofloxacin prospectus it is not included but they talk about the risk of getting a tendon hurt and that also scares me.

Yesterday I was doubting a lot and I decided to keep on with the Ampicillin a few days and then maybe I'll switch to the Levofloxacin. If that doesn't work I won't know what to do.

It's sad that I must be researching by myself with my poor means because urologists don't want to help. If the urologist that prescribed me the trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole for two months had took a bit of time researching he would know that the enterococcus faecalis is usually resistant to it. I don't have any medical support, I feel I'm alone and quite lost. And I think that if they took this seriously I would be cured already. That's very outrageous. They must think that being months and years suffering without any sexual relief because the orgasms are replaced by an itchy/burning feeling is not important. Men sexual health is really despised in this culture.

For the moment I'm trying to not masturbate to don't think about it, but it's very frustrating to know that you can't have an orgasm, even I can't have any pleasurable feelings in the genitals. This is like being castrate, indeed. It's the worst thing that I have suffered, and I also have eye floaters which are very unbearable too, but this is worse in another sense.

Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:52 pm

I guess there is no problem in taking antihistamines and antibiotics together so I have decided to start today both: ebastine and levofloxacin. Along with chronic prostatitis I have been also suffering for a long time chronic sinusitis and rinitis so I think if I don't take that antibiotic (which is also supposed to beat a lot of chronic bacterial sinusitis) I will be always doubting if I really have a bacterial infection or not.

Levofloxacin is supposed to work well against the enterococcus faecalis in the prostate. I hope I tolerate it well and it helps. I'm really tired of this condition. I don't know what it is but it has ruined my whole health. Yesterday, I noticed a disturbing hair loss and my father is not bald, so I guess this is not hereditary but caused by some chronic disease. I felt like my life was destroyed, indeed.

No libido, hairloss, eye floaters, allergy, etc... etc... I was quite healthy a few years ago. I can't understand this and I feel quite impotent.

Levofloxacin seems to me like the last resort, indeed. After that I don't know what else can I try.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:58 pm

Update.

I think I have controlled several days the thin feces and defecating urge more than one time in a day thing. I'm avoiding the salads, the raw vegetables, as my dietician told me. I'm writing my diet in a notebook and I have found that always that I have those problems I ate raw vegetables the day before. I didn't suspect about them because they are supposed to be good for the health but maybe with an irritable bowel it's something to avoid. I'm sticking to cooked things and fruits only for the moment. I don't know if this would help the prostatitis at long term but having the gut inflamation under control is a good thing.

It seems I don't have problems with gluten because these days I'm eating integral bread and there is no problem.

I'm wondering if the problem is not with the raw vegetables but with the chemical stuff they may have.

If there is somebody having similar problems it would be a good idea to try quitting the raw vegetables for a while.

Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:24 pm

Update.

I have been 14 days taking Levofloxacin and the last days I have felt a little improvement in my sensations while masturbating and orgasms. It's very little but noticeable after months feeling numbness and burn. I think it's slowly attacking the infection. I'm thinking if I should continue at least 14 days more. I'll ask to the general doctor.

Maybe this antibiotic is entering in the prostate but very slowly and need time to clean an infection that have lasted years there. I hope this continue improving if I take another 14 days it.

Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:00 pm

Update.

I'm continuing with the Levofloxacin and I feel no relief. I wonder what was those two days I felt a little better.

I have a MRI on April 29. I want to check if I have something wrong in my back or pelvis. It's open but I have been told that I must be there almost one hour. I don't like the idea. It's anxious to me.

Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:48 am

I'ved had multiple MRI's. Best way to get through it is:

1.) Cover your eyes with a small towel or sleepmask
2.) Have a nap

If you open your eyes while in the tube, theres a good chance you'll panic.

Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:37 pm

It's really good that you're getting a MRI scan. A prostate MRI can take about 40 minutes, so you can expect a long boring time. It's nothing to be anxious about. I had to keep my hands behind my head throughout the MRI scan I had and was asked to my breath on a few occasions. They'll give a button to press if you ever feel uncomfortable. It's not a continuous process, more a series of several scans, with gaps between each one when the radiographer might speak to you through the headphones with instructions or information about how long the next part of the scan will take.

They'll probably play music through the headphones to mask the noise from the scanner. You can probably bring a CD of your choice too for them to play, and it may be best to choose relaxing music rather than dance music just cos you're supposed to keep still. I was given an injection to relax my colon for the scan and I didn't notice any symptoms from it. Overall the procedure was boring, and I was relieved when it finished just to be able to move again. My only priority was to keep still so that the images would be of the best quality.

I have read that it's probably best to avoid ejaculating for 2-3 days before having a prostate MRI. I followed that advice before my MRI which found a problem in my left seminal vesicle. I was expecting that they'd put a coil in my rectum to improve the quality of the scan but they didn't at the hospital I went to, although I'd have preferred if they had done it, just for the improved images.

Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:46 pm

This is an opened MRI (it's supposed, I don't know how opened).

I don't know if it's a prostate MRI, it says it's for the pelvis zone and lower back to check if I have anything injured. I don't know if it's the same for the prostate or you need a specific one. Maybe I should do another for the prostate (if this is not the one for that) because I want to check if I have something stuck there. It's strange that is so chronic and antibiotics don't seem to work.

They haven't told me anything about injections.

Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:45 pm

I'm sure a MRI of the pelvic region (in a man) is mainly getting good views of the prostate but they would also get views of the lumbar spine and maybe quick views of the abdomen too. I do know that a prostate/pelvic MRI takes probably the longest time to perform, possibly twice as long as most other MRIs.

I kept my eyes mostly closed and just treated it like an opportunity to have a rest. You're basically just passing time with noise in the background.

For my MRI, the scanner itself was like a large doughnut positioned around my waist, with the table moving slowly to move you backwards and forwards through the scanner. It was similar to the one pictured at http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... 0235-0.JPG

This is an example of an 'open MRI', i.e. you're not enclosed in a tunnel.

Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:21 pm

It seems pretty stifling though.

I have felt something like an electric shock in my prostate zone a little while ago. When I tried the prostate massage by myself also it felts like an electric shock. That makes me wonder if this is a nervous system problem, something related to electric impulses. It have been very weird. I have masturbated to check if I have improved (it was a little better than other times, but the burning is always there) and after that I was sitting and I have felt that electric shock-like thing. What can it be? Maybe those Wilhelm Reich theories about the orgasms and energy are not misguided. Maybe my prostate is pushing some nerves and the electric impulses are blocked, and that's why my orgasms are weak.

Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:00 am

I finished yesterday the 28 days treatment of Levofloxacin and it didn't worked. I'm going to repeat the urine/semen test again to see if the enterococcus faecalis appears again, though.

This is discouraging, indeed.

Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:18 pm

Update.

Today I have got the results of the new analysis. The enterococcus faecalis appears again (the third time). This time it has appeared in semen. It's resistant against Ciprofloxacin and Levofloxacin, that's why my 28 days on Levofloxacin treatment didn't work. I'm almost sure that this is the bacteria that is causing me these issues. It seems it is very stubborn.

I'm going to see the urologist this afternoon. Maybe I must take another round of antibiotics of one that appears as sensitive in the antibiogram. The question is, can it enter the prostate?

Mon May 02, 2016 9:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 25  Next