Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 381 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 My story, chronic prostatitis associated with weak orgasms 

Post Re: My story, chronic prostatitis associated with weak orgas
I have been thinking and reading again about this problem I have. After a while looking for answers on the internet I have came across to something called post SSRI sexual dysfunction/anhedonia. It seems that some psychiatric drugs can leave your neurotransmitters or their receptors unbalanced for a very long time, if not permanently.

The medical community seems to deny that; they generally say that when you leave the drug the symptoms fade away in a few days, but there are a lot of cases on the internet of people talking about their libido and sexual pleasure remaining numb after more than 10 years after leaving the medication. In my case, it have passed 6 years and I still feel difficulty to reaching the orgasm, the erection, to arouse, etc... It's hard to me to believe that a single chronic prostatitis can produce all of those symptoms and there is no many men here complaining about that. Maybe my chronic prostatitis is mild and secondary in my main problem.

The ahnedonia seems to fit exactly with what I'm experiencing, and all of this started with psychiatric drugs. The problem is that, from what I've been reading, there is not much available information or treatments to revert that. Mainly I have found two:

1 - Yohimbine. Some people say that this has helped a lot to revert the damage caused to the sexual functions by SSRIs and similars, but it seems to be illegal in Spain.

2 - Bupropion. It's some kind of anxiolytic but works different than the SSRIs, and I have read a lot of testimonies about this recovering libido and sexual pleasure after the SSRIs, or simply raising libido, erection quality and orgasms intensity. The problem with this is that I'm scared of psychiatric drugs and it can have very bad side effects (epileptic seizures, for example).

I'm going today to tell this to my general doctor and maybe I try the Bupropion, if he prescribes it to me. It's hard to me to think that a prostatitis can do this to my sexual functions. This is too numb, sometimes I need to be touching my penis a lot of time to get an erection with no pleasure at all, then, when a weak erection comes, I need to touch more and more to maintain it and to force a weak ejaculation with almost no orgasmic response. That smells like a neurotransmitters/receptors problem and not like a prostatitis. I mean, if this were only a prostatitis I would have the burning when ejaculating, I would probably have even weaker erections but what about low libido, anhedonia (no pleasure) and bad orgasmic response!?

The main problem with this is that in general the psychiatrists deny that this can continue for years after leaving the medication, so it's pointless going to one to tell him/her about this. I'm again lost and anxious. I know that I have a problem very difficult to solve and I need help but I don't know what to do. Let's see what my general doctor say first.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:50 pm

After talking with my general doctor I've started with the Bupropion today. I'm a little scared but I want to know the root cause of my low libido and weak orgasms. If this changes anything then I can think that the chronic prostatitis is not what is causing my worst symptoms.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:36 pm

Glad you are seeing a doctor and bringing these up with him/her. So you took a psychiatric drug years ago? I didn't realize that. I am like you and pretty wary about drugs in general but especially psychiatrics, which makes me wonder why you're about to try another one without exhausting other avenues first. Although it is interesting information, and perhaps something worth trying, personally, I would try ALL natural methods of healing first, and save things like this as a last resort. I am assuming you have decided not to pursue the Pelvic Floor rehab that has been discussed at great length in this thread by multiple people trying to persuade you to do that (including myself).

Chavalote wrote:
It's hard to me to think that a prostatitis can do this to my sexual functions. This is too numb, sometimes I need to be touching my penis a lot of time to get an erection with no pleasure at all, then, when a weak erection comes, I need to touch more and more to maintain it and to force a weak ejaculation with almost no orgasmic response. That smells like a neurotransmitters/receptors problem and not like a prostatitis. I mean, if this were only a prostatitis I would have the burning when ejaculating, I would probably have even weaker erections but what about low libido, anhedonia (no pleasure) and bad orgasmic response!?

Who said prostatitis can't cause changes in libido, erection and ejaculation? I haven't read that anywhere online. I've had 2 Urologists, one who specializes in this specific condition, and a Naturopathic Doctor tell me that the symptoms are consistent with the condition. I have also been told that it CAN interfere with neurological processes, so I'm not sure that it even rules out what you're describing with anhedonia (but I have never used this term with a doctor and it sounds more broad than just libido). I have been told every time I ask, that pain from the inflammation can disrupt the neurological signals and cause the brain to think there's a problem when there isn't, and turn off your libido. If you know something different, I want to know about it!

Past Treatments: 6x Heparin bladder Injection. Elmiron (2x daily), Meriva Curcumin (500mg 2x daily), Physio (good!), Vistaril, Uro Prostate Massage (helpful!), Flower Pollen, Antibiotics (for about a month),

Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:37 pm

Basically, anhedonia is the inability to feel pleasure. It's well known that most of the psychiatric drugs have that bad side effects (I talked about me taking them in the past in the first post in this thread, where I tell my entire story) but they usually tell you that that stops when you leave the medication. But reading on the internet I have found (both in Spanish and in English) a lot of persons complaining about those problems years after leaving the drugs (someones talk even of 10 years!). The psychiatric drugs are a big business and they deny it, but voices are here and there.

I'm exploring this route first because my sensations are very similar to what I felt when I was on those drugs. Just search for post-SSRI sexual dysfunction (anhedonia) syndrome and there are a lot of information.

It's hard to me to believe that a prostate inflammation or a muscle tension problem in the pelvic area could make this to me. I'm completely asexual most of the time. I can't feel pleasure when touching my penis and I don't get "h*rny". Just what happened when I was taking those drugs. The psychiatrists say that if the drug is not anymore in your blood then that can't happen but I have read in Spanish some well informed people saying that sometimes those drugs can leave unbalanced some of your neurotransmitter receptors and make serotonin, dopamin, adrenalyn, etc... unbalanced. And those neurotransmitters are very important in libido and other functions as well. And those unbalances may turn chronic.

I have even thought the hypothesis that maybe my chronic prostatitis is caused because I'm ejaculating with a low and weak genitals, due to that neurotransmitters unbalances.

Have you been taking any psychiatric drugs? (Sorry if I already asked this to you in the past but now I can't remember). I ask it because you said you have similar symptoms to me.

There are too much people here complaining about chronic prostatitis and only you, me and Maclondon talk about weak orgasms and libido problems. If a chronic prostatitis by itself caused that all of us here would be suffering the same symptoms (or at least almost all of us). It's logical to think that there must be anything else going on also in cases like mine.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:20 pm

hey Mate

Can you list the drugs you have tried for different things... YOU see to be able to get whatever you want prescribed.. so keen to understand what you you have tried, what drugs effected/resolved what symptoms and what symptoms you have left :)

Cheers

Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:21 pm

Chavalote wrote:
Have you been taking any psychiatric drugs? (Sorry if I already asked this to you in the past but now I can't remember). I ask it because you said you have similar symptoms to me.

Nope. My problems started slowly over a few years but never had libido issues until my bladder suddenly had a surge of pressure to urinate, and I held it in. After that point, I had a several days of intense burning all over my pelvis (including penis) and it finally calmed down a bit after a month. That year, I did Physiotherapy and felt even more pain/burning go away that I didn't even realize was there as I had become used to it. However, libido never returned (and still really hasn't fully, I'd say I'm ~60-70% or something? Hard to come up with a number). There's no way I would blame especially the libido component on a drug, so as I've said before, many many unknown causes for the same symptoms. The sexual symptoms do seem to be pretty rare, though.

Chavalote wrote:
There are too much people here complaining about chronic prostatitis and only you, me and Maclondon talk about weak orgasms and libido problems. If a chronic prostatitis by itself caused that all of us here would be suffering the same symptoms (or at least almost all of us). It's logical to think that there must be anything else going on also in cases like mine.

Nobody ever said that chronic prostatitis means ONE thing. Chronic - long-term, Prostatitis - inflammation in or around the prostate. That's all it means. Some people on here get really picky about what they label things, especially CP/CPPS. Doesn't really matter what symptoms you have, the condition is the same. And nobody knows much of anything about it. But in my opinion, you might as well try all the *known* things before "shooting from the hip" with various possibilities. Maybe the psychiatrics thing is a good hypothesis for you, though, since you have actually taken them before. A question though about not feeling pleasure. So when you eat something that you like, do you not find it pleasurable to eat that thing? I'm not sure the disease you are referencing is specifically about sexual pleasure as it is any type of pleasure.

Past Treatments: 6x Heparin bladder Injection. Elmiron (2x daily), Meriva Curcumin (500mg 2x daily), Physio (good!), Vistaril, Uro Prostate Massage (helpful!), Flower Pollen, Antibiotics (for about a month),

Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:39 pm

Logcrusader, Sadly, nothing have helped to clear my symptoms. I'm desperate. This thing seems to be more than a simple prostatitis.

Fantom451, I have not problems with the tastes and food. But those drugs usually produce sexual anhedonia, not anhedonia in general. Maybe also some apathy and numbness. Serotonin seems to be very nasty if it goes uncontrolled.

You say that now your sexual functions are like 60% or 70%, mine are usually at 1% or 5%, with days in which I'm happy because they, for any reason, get better to, let's say 20% or 30%.

I think I have a chronic prostatitis, I don't deny that. But my point is that there is a bigger and wider problem beyond it. The symptoms I usually experience were something unknown to me until I started taking those drugs (SSRIs, Sulpiride, Lexotan...). It's very suspicious that they are almost the same (fluctuating in intensity through the days).

My libido is usually very bad. Not only I can't feel pleasure when masturbating, if I see or think about something erotic I don't get aroused and my penis doesn't react. If my libido were not that low I wouldn't be so desperate. I really want to get rid of this but I don't know what to do.

If Bupropion doesn't solve this I will think about exploring the physiotherapist way. But I find very hard to believe that a muscle problem is causing this by itself.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:57 pm

Chavalote wrote:
if I see or think about something erotic I don't get aroused and my penis doesn't react.

Actually, same here. But after a year or so and the physiotherapy, at some point when I tried to think arousing thoughts, with a bit of effort I get there (to about 60-70% of normal sensation, erection, etc). But yeah I don't get random erections anymore and I would say I feel a lot more apathetic about sexual thoughts than I did prior to the big flareup from 2+ years ago.

Chavalote wrote:
If Bupropion doesn't solve this I will think about exploring the physiotherapist way. But I find very hard to believe that a muscle problem is causing this by itself.

Nobody ever said muscles were causing it by itself. Why not try both therapies at the same time?

Good luck with the drugs and let us know how it goes.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:56 am

The pelvic floor physiotherapist is not covered by my health insurance. That will cost quite money. That's why I'm leaving it as the last option.

I have not memory of having tha acute flare up you describe. All of this started with psychiatric drugs, that is why I find them suspicious.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:06 am

My experience with bupropion these days has been very weird.

After 4 days of taking it I noticed that my libido were improving. I had some kind of sexual arousal while sleeping and even erotic dreams. And then I noticed my orgasms and sensations in the penis were getting better. One time, I had the best orgasm I have experinced in these 4 or 5 years. It was intense and it lasted longer. Usually, my orgasms are short, like 4 or 5 contractions and then the erection falls. But that time the erection remained and the contractions still happened. This time the contractions were like 10 or 12. I remembered what a normal orgasm was.

But these days I'm having a very bad panic attacks and anxiety. I've been like two years suffering from tremblings in my fingers and these days they went worse. Even there were days that I suffered paresthesias. I started to think that I had some bad neurological disorder and that triggered more anxiety and panic. I went to the general doctor and showed him the tremblings and he said that it's quite common, that is caused by a chronic muscular tension, because the adrenalin accumulated by the anxiety. He said that it's like if I'm always in the fight or flight response. The paresthesias has disappeared these days but now I have tremblings and contractions in my whole body. When I'm sleeping also my body trembles.

The bupropion can cause even epilectic seizures and I have read in the prospectus that it can cause paresthesias and involuntary muscular contractions. I thought that this is making my problem worsen and I have decided to stop the bupropion at least until the panic attacks and the serious anxiety calm down.

Anyway, another weird thing is that after that good orgasm day my libido went down again and I were taking the bupropion like 5 or 6 days more (until yesterday) with no improvement. My orgasms again are short, weak and burning. I don't know if this drug affects the prostate or the urinary system but I noticed these days that my urine flow were better, but it burned. I don't know why I had those 2 days of improvement and that orgasm and then it stopped. I thought that I had the cause of my problems: sexual anhedonia caused by the psychiatric drugs I took in the past, but now I'm confused. I don't know if there is also some prostatitis involved because the burning is very noticeable these days.

I have also been thinking about the muscular tension theory, because what the general doctor said. That matches with the prostatitis caused by chronic muscular tension in the pelvis but then I wonder why the bupropion made my orgasms better if it's something that supposedly makes my muscular tension worsen? I mean, I have stopped it because it is a drug that stimulates the dopamine and noradrenaline. And I tought that can make my anxiety worsen, and also my muscular tension but then... why I had that orgasm on a day that I were having a panic attack?

I thought I had something and I got very happy. I thought that finally I had the cause but now I'm confused and sad again.

Some people I have read in the internet says that bupropion can take weeks or even months to fix the sexual anhedonia and restore the libido. But for now I can't continue the medication because since I'm taking it my tremblings have worsened and I wake up in the night with my body shivering.

Again lost and without clues. I experienced a good orgasm that made me remember what a normal orgasm is but the joy lasted very little.

Maybe I should first try to treat this chronic muscular tension in my whole body but I'm scared from hospitals and doctors and I don't know what can I do by myself.

Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:52 am

Glad to hear you had a little relief.

Chavalote wrote:
I started to think that I had some bad neurological disorder and that triggered more anxiety and panic.

I'm just going to guess, but when you had the good orgasms, were you having a lot of anxiety? Or were you maybe feeling really optimistic because you started a new drug?
When you triggered this panic, of course your libido would drop. Ask a doc about that, but I'm pretty sure they are going to go hand-in-hand. Again, orgasm and libido all come from the brain, just like anxiety and panic.

Chavalote wrote:
Maybe I should first try to treat this chronic muscular tension in my whole body but I'm scared from hospitals and doctors and I don't know what can I do by myself.

Physiotherapists are neither doctors, nor are they typically in hospitals. :-)

Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:57 pm

I was on a lot of panic, that's what is weird. Anyway, I tried the drug two times and I couldn't last both times more than 6 days because it caused me panic attacks, diarrhea and other problems. I'm again lost. I don't know if this is a prostatitis only or if there are other problems involved.

I haven't been posting thse days because I have been with a lot of anxiety and depressed without even using the computer. I have been all this time in the bed very depressed and sometimes with anxiety and panic, thinking I had a grave disease and I were going to die.

The pelvic floor phisiotherapist that I was introduced to is in a hospital.

Anyway, I wonder why I had that orgasm and improvement that lasted two days only. If this is caused by a prostatitis an antidepressant shouldn't do nothing about it.

After years of research I don't even know if this is caused by a prostatitis or by a neurotransmitters unbalance. It's depressing and heart-breaking.

I can't understand how a prostatitis or a pelvic floor problem can destroy my ability to arouse and cause anhedonia. If it's an infection I can't also understand it. There must be something missing but I can't find the tools or people who can help me.

I wish I could do a long term treatment with the Bupropion, but it's a very dangerous drug.

Wed May 03, 2017 4:09 pm

Chavalote wrote:
The pelvic floor phisiotherapist that I was introduced to is in a hospital.

So you saw one? What did they discover?

I'm not sure if I recommended you try this already, but I would try The Elimination Diet. There are many takes on the diet, but one good book about it is by Tom Malterre. Basically, avoid any food with allergenic properties, and narrow your diet down to a veggies/fruits/meats/grains that you don't normally eat more than once every 30 days. You should give this a shot for a couple months and see if it helps this unknown problem you're having. It's supposed to let your body heal itself and has a wide range of positive effects on the body (note that inflammation, anxiety, depression are among them)
http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... ation-diet

Wed May 10, 2017 4:36 pm

I haven't gone to the physio yet. I'm currently avoiding doctors because the anxiety.

I have tested a lot of diet changes also. I were on a gluten-free diet one year, also dairy-free for months, etc... Now I'm trying to add vegetables with a lot of iron and taking cranberry syrup.

I don't know what can be causing this. It fluctuates a lot from day to day but it isn't never like before. When I were on Bupropion I experienced a good orgasm a few times and my libido were higher but it's weird because the next day the effects were gone. I have read that you need to be months on that drug to get the effects but I couldn't do it because I didn't tolerate it well. But that have made me make a question to myself: if this is a prostatitis, why the Bupropion had that effect two times? That's confusing.

I have written to a sexologist that wrote an article in Spanish about the Bupropion and the libido but no answer has come yet.

I'm thinking about the sun and vitamin D again but who knows. This is very depressing, no reliable clues, no many people talking about what I'm experiencing... I feel alone and helpless.

Wed May 10, 2017 8:04 pm

Dairy and Gluten are no where near as strict as the diet I mentioned. You should read that book and try it. The idea is to calm your gut and let it heal. Normally, once the gut heals, all sorts of other issues in the body heal as well. I have had some improvement with it but am still experimenting and unclear exactly what improved it. Libido is always the last thing to improve. After inflammation is under control for some time, only then can libido come back (and this also requires psychological support, which anxiety is the opposite of). But step 1 is healing the inflammation. I would focus on this type of diet rather than a drug. You are concerned about side-effects. This diet has no side effect other than initial cravings (especially for sugar), and weight loss. It's not forever, only up to 3 months. Do it!!

Thu May 11, 2017 1:50 pm

The problem is that I'm in Spain and it's impossible to me to get books like that. I don't know if there is a pdf version of it somewhere. I were searching about that diet and I didn't understand well the idea from a site.

Some guy in another thread mentioned the white tongue and the itchy anus. That is something I have usually. I wonder why. I don't know what can I quit from my diet apart from dairy and gluten. What else can be causing that.

Fri May 12, 2017 12:12 pm

Chav, how are you doing? It has been a while since the last update. Any observations?

Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:54 pm

I'm very depressed. I'm still in the same condition. I have also tremblings in the body that I suspect that are due to an infection or muscle tightness, who knows. But I feel that my whole body is affected by this and it's getting worse. I don't have money to go to private doctors and I don't know what to do.

And the worst thing about this is that I'm isolated, alone. My family ignores me totally.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:21 am

You could try St. John's wort and lemon balm to try and uplift you. Fresh tinctures of those work best. Taking ashwagandha has made my libido go up and women look even more sexy, it's not exactly what I wanted, but it might be useful. I eat the jarrow ashwagandha every day.

I also think we all should be eating foods we are designed to eat like hunter gathers and doing meditation or something like that, but you've heard me beat on about this many times, bwaha.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:44 pm

Chavalote wrote:
I'm very depressed. I'm still in the same condition. I have also tremblings in the body that I suspect that are due to an infection or muscle tightness, who knows. But I feel that my whole body is affected by this and it's getting worse. I don't have money to go to private doctors and I don't know what to do.

And the worst thing about this is that I'm isolated, alone. My family ignores me totally.

What do you mean by "private" doctors? Do you have public/government health care? If so, why not use it? Can you move to another country?

Do you have access to any sort of herbal medicine? Cannabis/weed I have heard calms the neurological system. Could reset things, or at least calm the trembling. Maybe it could be worth a try ?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:08 pm

chris85 wrote:
You could try St. John's wort and lemon balm to try and uplift you. Fresh tinctures of those work best. Taking ashwagandha has made my libido go up and women look even more sexy, it's not exactly what I wanted, but it might be useful. I eat the jarrow ashwagandha every day.

I also think we all should be eating foods we are designed to eat like hunter gathers and doing meditation or something like that, but you've heard me beat on about this many times, bwaha.

hmm, I've never heard anyone mention ashwagandha, before. But the libido improvement has got me interested.

Yes, I agree that diet probably plays a role in healing this. Meditation is also good for resetting the neurological system. They definitely won't hurt!

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:11 pm

White tongue and itchy anus says thrush or related fungal problem. Fluconazole is usually prescribed for such but itraconazole is overall a better antifungal.

I have suffered age-related diminishment in potency. A couple of supplements have been very effective at restoring it, so I don't need to use testosterone. They are Acetyl L-Carnitine and Proprionyl L-Carnitine. I take a couple of capsules of each daily amounting to a gram of each. That works for me but twice that amount was recommended. The latter is harder to find. I get it via Amazon and it is manufactured by an outfit named PipingRock. If you decide to give this a try I would give it a couple or few weeks to take effect.

Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:51 pm

Hello Chavalote.
I am a doctor of medicine, not urologist though, but this helps me have some deeper understanding of your general symptomatology.
I would like to offer you an opininion, which will not cure all your problems, but hopefully can set you on the right path finding proper treatment. I think your symptoms are multifactorial, meaning caused by several reasons, not one.
Firstly on your prostate issues....It was as I understand the start of your problems.You have done more than enough about it. As cultures say it is free of bacteria now. Don't worry about non-detectable infections it is not the case.It is more probable that the bacteria found were negligible than having a continuous infection causing all these symptoms. Continuing symptoms are probably due to pelvic floor dysfunction/muscular spasm/nerve compression. This is present for sure so you have to solve it. It will alleviate symptoms at some percentage,maybe not 100% but you will feel a bit better. Even if it was caused from prostate inflammation-stress-lower extremity trauma or sitting too long, the pelvic floor muscle spasm has to be dealt with. David88 has made a very good post about it. It does not give an answer to everyone, but solving pelvic muscle spasm due to any cause, can make you feel better, even a little bit.
Secondly, it seems you are experiencing a variety of stress/depression related symptoms. Muscle tightness, spasms, sweating, tinnitus, neck-back pains, irritable bowel, loss of libido, anhedonia this is all significantly stress related. Stress/ depression can cause severe hormonal-neurotransmitter disbalance leading to all these symptoms. I am not talking about illusory type of symptoms, I am talking about real symptoms. Stress/depression alone can zero your libido by itself for years without any other disorder. Every part of the body causing libido/erection is supressed by the disbalances in hormones and neurotransmitters. Also, same phenomena cause muscle contractions/prolonged tightness leading to nerve compression which can give rise to symptoms as back pains, neck pains, tinnitus (maybe permanent due to eventual nerve damage) and as David88 said even prostate inflammation-pudental nerve compression symptoms..A hint that the nerve is compressed is that symptoms are worsened by cold, even slight. Also mucosal membrane dryness and irritation due to sympathetic-parasympathetic nervous system overactivation....Dry and itchy anus, glans penis,mouth,tongue, eye dryness, nasal congestion, feeling of sinusitis.
My suggestion: I think your mind is trapped in a vicious circle of: symptoms-stress-more symptoms-failure of treatment-more stress-depression-more symptoms and so on. Difficult to treat by one specialist as most of them indeed see what is in their field of interest. Also due to years of failed treatments I think you have lost all hope, and that makes it difficult to break this circle, leading to further stress. Your brain is anxiously waiting for the symptoms to stop, but due to years of failure it is extremely doubtful that this will ever happen. So it locks you in this circle.Instead of being dependent on alleviations of symptoms to feel better, I suggest you should start by accepting your condition to a degree and learn to live with it. Then try to do some things which will lead you to feel a little bit better, one step at a time.
1)Stop taking any more drugs or supplements. There is no single substance that will cure you, and worst case they will lead to further disbalance-complications (for example oral candidiasis due to antibiotics overusage- or even worse...liver/kidney damage). Supplements will do little at best, as your problems are real and need proper managment.
2) Solve pelvic floor muscle tighness-it is there whatever the reason, and it will make you fell better, even a little
3)Accept your symptoms and try to live as best as you can with them. Instead of depending on alleviation of symptoms to feel better,try to go the other way round....learn to live with the symptoms, try some minor adjustments to alleviate them without excessive tests,therapies,doctors...maybe then you will start feeling a bit better slowly, and then your mind can let go...Try activities that make you completely defocus on your symptoms. Try avoiding a lifestyle which involves too much staying indoors,pc,sitting a lot, sleeping late. Not saying you do this but if you are, try something that will get you outside, take your mind off the symptoms and cause some physical activity even mild.
4)That in your stools is undigested food-fiber...nothing to worry about
5)If you still have oral candidiasis , oral antifungal gel or mouthwash is more than enough-Clorhexidin mouth wash or daktarin oral gel is more than enough. For further oral cavity irritation avoid irritating foods/drinks( coffee, spicy,salty,carbonated beverages,acidic like orange,lemon,tomato).
6)Your most important problem I think is your mental status...It complicates the symptoms and confuses,misleads, traps you in a vicious circle. If you would see ONE doctor, make it someone who will help you with this. Again I am not saying that everything is stress related, but many of your symptoms are plus it aggrevates other symptoms due to other sources. From personal experience you will be amazed by what stress can do...I mean real symptoms!!! Never use psychiatric drugs without doctor's advice. Your problems seem stress related and not mental, so mild stress/depression managment would suffice instead of excessive use of psychiatric drugs. Mentally you just have to get to the point where you feel slightly calm and can fight your problems
To summerize, I am just trying to give you some hints to manage the situation. I don't know you personally so my advice is a bit general. I don't have nor the answers nor the cure for what's bothering you, but I can recognize many of the symptoms due to occupation and personal experience, and I can assure you that many are stress related. Please try solving pelvic floor spasms, try to fight stress, accept to live with your symptoms and deal with the prostate later. Maybe in the process you will find more answers, one step at a time.
As I didn't read this 20 times,so I hope you don't misunderstand. I don't know you, your lifestyle or anything about you so this is advice derived from what I read about your problems here. If you want you can ask me anything. Hope I helped even a little. My goal is just to help you aim at the right direction and give some hope that this knot can be untied.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:09 am

Sakis wrote:
Hello Chavalote.
I am a doctor of medicine, not urologist though, but this helps me have some deeper understanding of your general symptomatology.
I would like to offer you an opininion, which will not cure all your problems, but hopefully can set you on the right path finding proper treatment. I think your symptoms are multifactorial, meaning caused by several reasons, not one.

Sakis, I want to thank you for taking the time to write this for Chav, and also for the rest of us with symptoms. I agree with what you are saying and you've reassured me a little bit more in what I'm doing for my own treatment. I hope it helps Chav and others.

Wish I had a doctor with your mindset to help guide me through this. Your one post is more insightful and analytical than what most doctors I have seen in-person have had to say.
Thanks, again!

Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:05 pm

You're welcome and thank you for your kind words.
I hope it was helpful, at least for understanding symptoms and where they come from. This could help targeting for specific treatment and relieving some of the stress derived from the process. I saw that Chavalote was continuously searching for a cause.I had similar issues and got lost in various specialists, useless tests and failed treatments. It is a difficult condition which needs step by step approach. Specialists fail to assess the problem properly, at least in greece where I am from. Treatment is different for each of us, but some aspects are shared, especially stress and pelvic muscle tension. Facing these could help many, at least for starters

Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 381 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next