Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 My story, chronic prostatitis associated with weak orgasms 

Post Re: My story, chronic prostatitis associated with weak orgas
Chavalote wrote:
How can I test that? I think that I suffer that kind of problem because sometimes I wake up thinking that I'm going to suffocate.

Ask your family doctor for a referral for a sleep study to determine whether you have sleep apnea

Chavalote wrote:
Fantom, I'm 38 years old and virgin. My libido is down and I can't feel normal pleasure masturbating. I don't understand how can you suggest me to forget about sex one year (like if I were some kind of sexual obsessed) and think "positive". My problem generates a lot of anxiety, sadness and loneliness because doctors don't know anything about it and it's quite unusual. I'm not all the day thinking about sex, but I'm concerned about this because if this continues in this mood I'll never be able to experience normal sexual pleasure anymore. If I have sex with some woman, it will be a bad experience because that burning feeling that ruins all. I think that it's normal and human to get concerned and be sad.

this condition obviously creates negative emotions (anger, sadness ect). I think its important that you find ways to manage this and to not become obsessed with the sadness (i know this is easier said than done). Concentrate on living healthy as possible both physically and mentally and hopefully you start to see a positive change.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:07 pm

Fantom451 wrote:
Maclondon wrote:
Fantom451, the point you're missing is that Chavalote does not have CPPS.

Interesting! When was this discovered? What is your evidence? Also, why would he continue to post on a prostatitis forum?

Not everyone with prostatitis has CP/CPPS. By definition, CP/CPPS is chronic pelvic pain where there is no evidence of bacterial infection. Proven bacterial infection is a totally different scenario, although infection/inflammation cannot automatically be assumed to be confined to the prostate gland.

Like me, Chavalote does not have a pain syndrome. I can associate with most, if not all, of Chavalote's urological symptoms, including that my symptoms started before I had any sexual encounters. Last week I got the result of a prostate MRI which showed an unexplained benign lesion (reported as probable fibrosis) in my left seminal vesicle, which was also seen on MRI 3 years ago; some evidence of prostate inflammation was also noted. Although at times I get a mild left-sided pelvic ache and a burning sensation from my semen, this is not a pain syndrome. My case is to be discussed soon at a multidisciplinary meeting. I don't know yet what will be recommended, but seminal vesicle flushing with antibiotics has previously been suggested.

Chavalote, although it's obviously good if you can stay positive, it's also appropriate for you to want further investigations. An andrologist would definitely be better than an 'ordinary urology', if you could get seen by one. Abstaining might help some of those who have CPPS, but in your case with your previously proven bacterial infections, it's recommended that you try to ejaculate at least 2-3 times a week... even if it burns, or if the orgasms aren't satisfying. I've always noticed that abstaining for 3 days or more has had a negative effect of my condition.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:25 pm

I don't recall the entire history of this thread and don't have the time to read all 14 pages of it (might be worthwhile Chavalote to do a quick summary post on symptoms and treatment to date), but if he hasn't at least explored the CPPS aspect and tried treating it after five years of this problem then that would be crazy to me. Suck it up - save up for a month's worth of PT and just give it a try. Heck, even just 5 visits to a PT and then do it yourself for free for another month or two and see if you have any improvement. A finger up your butt sure beats rolling toward 40yo and basically giving up on any romantic relationship for the rest of your life.

Chavalote is explaining something that sounds like CPPS to me:

"My penis feels like numb and sometimes it feels itchy, burning and even painful."

I don't have numbness, but I've certainly had itchiness, a metric-ton of burning, and plenty of pain following ejaculation. I'll continue to beat the dead horse, but internal stretching mitigates almost all of those symptoms for me...and I have CP/CPPS. During times when the pain is at its worst, my libido is in the toilet, why would I want to ejaculate when I know it just brings pain and misery? Again, mostly solved through stretching.

Maybe Chav you also just need to get your first sexual encounter over with and it'll lose some of its stigma. Get a woman, have a few glasses of red wine...and roll with it. I remember my first time having sex with my wife, both of us were still virgins at the time. In the heat of the moment I swore I was putting it in the wrong hole, I ejaculated about 8 seconds following entry...it was awkward and embarrassing and I felt like a pathetic lover. But after the first couple times it was all good and there was nothing to stress about. Point being, just go and do it and quit psyching yourself out, the worst that happens is that'll feel like masturbating...but it'll be real sex so infinitely better.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:22 pm

Here, andrologists are pretty similar to urologists. I visited one and he was awful, not idea about my condition. Western medicine doesn't study properly the sexual health, specially the orgasms. I've lost my faith in it.

In my case, sometimes abstinency seemed to help, sometimes not. The problem is that I can't grasp the cause behind this. Flareups and improvements come and go without no apparent logical explanation. When I recover a bit of my libido and orgasm quality, it lasts one or two days and then it goes again. It's very weird.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:23 pm

Fantom451 wrote:
Maclondon wrote:
Fantom451, the point you're missing is that Chavalote does not have CPPS.

Interesting! When was this discovered? What is your evidence? Also, why would he continue to post on a prostatitis forum?

Maclondon wrote:
Not everyone with prostatitis has CP/CPPS. By definition, CP/CPPS is chronic pelvic pain where there is no evidence of bacterial infection. Proven bacterial infection is a totally different scenario, although infection/inflammation cannot automatically be assumed to be confined to the prostate gland.

I have seen no such definition indicating that bacterial means it's not CP/CPPS. CP/CPPS can either be bacterial or non-bacterial. I think what you are comparing to is the acute case where someone gets an infection, they get symptoms for a few weeks/months, antibiotics clear it up, and it's over. That situation is not CPPS, I agree. Chav's case is chronic because he's had it for years - that is by definition.

Maclondon wrote:
Like me, Chavalote does not have a pain syndrome.

Just because you don't feel pain, like "ouch, that hurts", doesn't mean you don't have a pain syndrome. Pain is much more complicated than that, and can have other neurological effects. Think about it, the brain can cause pain that isn't there (look up 'phantom pain' or 'ghost pain'), and also can stop feeling pain that you normally would because the brain adjusts to it.

Anyway, I feel a discussion like this is distracting from the real issue. Everything I have suggested stands whether or not you want to call it by what this entire forum and the Medical community calls it (CP/CPPS), or you want to call it something else, that's fine. Labels are pretty irrelevant to solving anything, other than to give us common language so we can communicate easier. However, Chav has indeed been describing CPPS, so I don't want anyone reading this to think it's a misnomer or that they should eliminate CPPS as a potential research area for their own, similar symptoms.

Past Treatments: 6x Heparin bladder Injection. Elmiron (2x daily), Meriva Curcumin (500mg 2x daily), Physio (good!), Vistaril, Uro Prostate Massage (helpful!), Flower Pollen, Antibiotics (for about a month),

Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:55 pm

Chavalote wrote:
I have been one month on epilobium but I don't feel significant changes in my usual symptoms. I tried a natural herbs compound to treat urinary infections and the first days my symptoms and orgasms improved a little but it came back to the same thing. So, I'm quite lost.

Another danger and issue I have with this problem too is thinking a treatment will work within a short timeframe. Even if something does eliminate a cause (like kill a bacteria, or change your pH, or whatever), symptoms will likely take 6-8 weeks minimum to subside. Your body takes time to heal and from something you've had damaged for years, it won't happen in days.

Chavalote wrote:
I don't understand how can you suggest me to forget about sex one year (like if I were some kind of sexual obsessed) and think "positive".

Never said you were sex obsessed. I did ask you to save money and see a PT, but did you read that part?

You are constantly freaking out and spurring the anxiety by thinking, "you'll never have or enjoy sex". You're 38, not 98. You have plenty of time to heal and have a good sex life. But, people don't heal when they are stressed. In fact, stress causes the opposite of healing. They also tend to be less rational and less open to the types of things I believe will help you (how many times have you told me it couldn't be mechanical, yet, you seem to have no interest in pursuing that?).

Believe me, I DO understand the frustration. I'm a few years younger than you and had this problem earlier in life than you did. But I found when I stopped telling myself I'd be like this forever and expecting a single thing to fix it, I got out of the depression it put me into. I saw little improvements, and started understanding my problem better. I took control over what I will do for my treatment, rather than expecting a doctor to know a magic answer (we know they know very little about this). I still don't know all my own answers but it's about baby steps.

I'm just suggesting you take a break from the thought pattern you're in, and try to set some realistic goals to figure out your problem, and also goals in other aspects of your life to have something to feel good about.

Past Treatments: 6x Heparin bladder Injection. Elmiron (2x daily), Meriva Curcumin (500mg 2x daily), Physio (good!), Vistaril, Uro Prostate Massage (helpful!), Flower Pollen, Antibiotics (for about a month),

Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:19 pm

Fantom451 wrote:
I have seen no such definition indicating that bacterial means it's not CP/CPPS. CP/CPPS can either be bacterial or non-bacterial.

Wrong! The distinction between Chronic Bacterial Prostatitis and CPPS is fundamental to having any understanding of the current medical thinking on chronic prostatitis. Have a look at http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... verview#a3 :
Quote:
"The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has recognized and defined a classification system for prostatitis in 1999. The 4 syndromes of prostatitis are as follows:
I - Acute bacterial prostatitis
II - Chronic bacterial prostatitis
III - Chronic prostatitis and chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS; further classified as inflammatory or noninflammatory)
IV - Asymptomatic inflammatory prostatitis

Acute prostatitis and chronic bacterial prostatitis are defined by documented bacterial infections of the prostate...
CPPS is characterized primarily by urological pain complaints in the absence of urinary tract infection."
Or at http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... -0005title :
Quote:
II: Chronic bacterial prostatitis (CBP) Chronic or recurrent infection of the prostate
III: Chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CP/CPPS) No demonstrated infection
Chavalote and I would both be considered to have chronic bacterial prostatitis by the NIH classification, which I'm not really a big fan of. The classification was intended for use in research trials only and not for use in clinical practice. I have had imaging proving that my main symptoms are from seminal vesiculitis and I have strong suspicions that Chavalote has this too, especially as he now gets lumpy semen like I get.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:15 pm

But the question is: if this is caused by bacteria why the wide range of antibiotics I used didn't do nothing? I never noticed any relief in my symptoms with antibiotics.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:05 am

There could be a condition or anatomical abnormality that makes infections more frequent or more difficult to clear. Thinking of another condition, people with cystic fibrosis are prone to frequent chest infections and they need regular chest physio to clear their airways, not periods of avoiding coughing.

There could be a non-bacterial infection in the background too.

It's not unusual for chronic bacterial prostatitis to require repeated antibiotics. But the prostatitis label almost always gets used even when the seminal vesicles are involved.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:16 pm

Today, in the morning, my anus were very itchy (that also extends to the perineum and even scrotum). I have came back to the pinworms (or another similar parasites) infection theory. The itchy and burning feeling in the anus is pretty similar to the one I feel in the prostate zone and the urethra. I suspect that those are related. When my anus is very itchy my orgasms and libido are also very bad.

I had from before mebendazole, so I'm trying it in desperation. I have read another symptoms of those infections and they match with mine (fatigue, muscle contractions...) but who knows. I don't know how much it takes to feel the improvement (assuming that this is the right treatment) but I have a little hope.

Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:08 pm

What type of parasites did you previously have?

Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:31 pm

I don't know. They are difficult to test. I'm guiding myself from the symptoms that I have been suffering for years. The itchy anus is something that occurs often and sometimes there is a weird secretion in it. I wonder if that is a chronic parasites infection which I get re-infected again and again. I wonder if that is also making my prostate, penis, scrotum, etc... itchy, burning and weak.

Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:09 pm

Testing for parasites is very easy actually, you just need to go to a *doctor* and get tested - stool tests and rectal exam...I've had it done myself and was easy aside from having to scoop my poo into separate little containers for analysis. They'll even check for polymorphs and other goodies. You need to stop with the self diagnosis and self medication, you aren't doing yourself any good and I'd wager money that you don't have any sort of parasites. Anal leakage and itching is quite common, and typically they occur together, after eating certain foods or taking some medications.

Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:12 pm

I did a stool test but those are not useful for pinworms and similars. Also, I can't trust in doctors anymore because they don't take this seriously and they don't want to research this until finding the causes deeply.

Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:12 pm

I have had several of the same symptoms as you have. I have had chronic prostatits for 16 years. I have seen numerous urologist that all failed me to the point of me not believing in modern medicine or Doctors period. I have had yellow jelly like material within my semen throughout most of my 16 years and never tested positive for bacteria once. I know what infection looks like and I know what it feels like and knew it was bacteria related prostatitis. I also initially early on in my 16 years could get some relief on high doses of cipro which also led me to believe that my prostatitis was a bacterial infection. After being placed on Cipro and Bactrim for as long as three months with some relief but no permanent results I had another urologist the prescribe me leveloflaxin this prescription gave me even more relief but never anything permanent. I continued everything from prostate massages to heavy levoflaxin usage. Ultimately the bacteria grew resistant to levoflaxin which led me to try prostate injections with duke bahn in Ventura California. This was recently done and the best thing I have ever done in 16 years. It is impossible to get antibiotics into your prostate to treat the infection properly without the injections in my opinion. I have not felt this good in 16 years.

Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:42 am

Bowers751@gmail.com wrote:
I have had several of the same symptoms as you have. I have had chronic prostatits for 16 years. I have seen numerous urologist that all failed me to the point of me not believing in modern medicine or Doctors period. I have had yellow jelly like material within my semen throughout most of my 16 years and never tested positive for bacteria once. I know what infection looks like and I know what it feels like and knew it was bacteria related prostatitis. I also initially early on in my 16 years could get some relief on high doses of cipro which also led me to believe that my prostatitis was a bacterial infection. After being placed on Cipro and Bactrim for as long as three months with some relief but no permanent results I had another urologist the prescribe me leveloflaxin this prescription gave me even more relief but never anything permanent. I continued everything from prostate massages to heavy levoflaxin usage. Ultimately the bacteria grew resistant to levoflaxin which led me to try prostate injections with duke bahn in Ventura California. This was recently done and the best thing I have ever done in 16 years. It is impossible to get antibiotics into your prostate to treat the infection properly without the injections in my opinion. I have not felt this good in 16 years.

Question: Did you ever have your EPS (Expressed Prostatic Secretions) extracted via prostate massage and analyzed for bacteria? How much testing was done that was "never positive once", and what type of testing? Wasn't clear if you were misdiagnosed as not having bacteria, or as is more typical, simply not attempted to be diagnosed and instead told "oh, well".

Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:03 am

'Dr. Bahn’s Prostatitis Treatment' that Bowers751 mentions is probably what is described at http://pioa.org/prostatitis-treatment/
Quote:
"First of all, I perform a complete transrectal ultrasound of the prostate to rule out any other possible causes, such as prostate cancer or stones in the ejaculatory duct."

"The mixture is a combination of Aminoglucoside, Fluoroquinolone, Antifungal, and Antiprotozoal. Corticosteroid and analgesics are also added... I infiltrate 6-7 cc’s into each lobe of the prostate including the peripheral zone and transitional zone. I also inject 3-4 cc into each seminal vesicle."

"It should be clearly understood that it is a highly experimental and investigatory method. There are no short or long term efficacy data nor complication data in the published literature."

"You should not pursue this method of treatment unless all of your other options are exhausted and your situation becomes desperate."

The mixture and the procedure Dr. Bahn uses covers non-bacterial as well as bacterial infections, seminal vesiculitis as well as prostatitis and the addition of corticosteroid might also cover inflammatory causes. Sounds like a sensible combination although, when successful, it would be guesswork as to which component worked.

Fantom451, EPS (Expressed Prostatic Secretions) is only useful for positively localising infection/inflammation to the prostate, used mostly in research. It is not necessarily good for detection of prostate infection and of no value for seminal vesiculitis. The "yellow jelly like material" that Bowers751 mentions is something I also get and most likely to be due to seminal vesiculitis rather than prostatitis.

Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:08 am

My question would be how long ago the injections occurred. If he puts corticosteroids in the injection then yeah, it's definitely going to feel better for a while regardless of what's causing the inflammation in the first place (assuming it's your prostate that's inflamed). If you come back several months following injection and still feel cured then perhaps it did the trick in this case. But up to several weeks would be too soon to say for sure as the steroids would still be impacting. When I took methylprednisolone I felt cured for the time I was on it (7 days). Of course that's not a sustainable treatment, and following the steroids it eventually all came back. That was oral though, not injection.

Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:31 am

The yellowish semen that others usually describe is something I have never seen in my case. My semen can be or too watery or too lumpy (sometimes is as lumpy that you can even take the lumps like if they were solid). When it come out in lumps it's very white, never yellowish.

Back to my parasites theory. Yesterday I took two doses of mebendazole and today I have found in my first feces after that a suspicious threads in them. They were very thin and like 0.5 cms or maybe more but not longer than 1 cm, I think. I have pick a few with a cleanex and I have examined them closely but they were in the colour of the feces and difficult to identify as a worm. They were difficult to divide with a cleanex and very flexible also. There were a lot of them to think that they were just something that I digested and came in a thread form.

I have washed my anus with shower soap and hot water but my anus is very itchy now.

My fear now is that if I have been infected all this time with some parasites, and maybe getting reinfected again and again from my own hands, clothes, etc... if they have reached the prostate or the urethra, mebendazole probably won't clean them. I'm not sure if those were worms but if they are maybe it's something somehow related. Like I said, the itchy/burning sensation that I have when ejaculating or even masturbating is very similar to what I feel in the anus. I also have examined my anus with a mirror and it's a bit red, like irritated. I feel that that feeling also goes to the perineum, prostate, scrotum, urethra... If I have cleaned the parasites (if really there were ones) and that's the source of my burning ejaculations, low libido, and prostatitis, it would be great. But my fear, as I say, is that those bugs have reached the prostate. I can't go to the doctor telling him this strange theory to request further research, or medication to clean also the parasites inside my urinary system.

I'll see how this evolves because it's supposed that 2 doses of mebendazole can clean those kind of parasites infections. But you have to repeat the treatment 2 weeks later because there can be still some eggs. And then another 2 weeks later again. I'll be careful with my clothes and sheets also. I think that this is something to look into.

Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:56 am

This isn't sensible. If you're digging through your own poop examining threads and making self-diagnosis of parasites then surely you can go to a doctor and have them do the same. I think you're wasting your time and effort doing this yourself, and self-medicating is usually not a good thing. You'd be better served getting a proper stool analysis so you know once and for all. If there were really parasites digging around and living in your prostate then I believe your symptoms would be much more severe than they are.

Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:51 pm

^agree with 454. The "threads" you are seeing could easily be undigested food. I get that you've lost confidence in western medicine, but there is no way you are qualified to diagnose intestinal parasites. If you want to explore this route, email a few doctors or researchers and see if they'll help.

W.

Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:21 pm

I already did a stool test months ago. It was clear. But I have read that normally pinworms and similar parasites don't appear in stool tests. I had the mebendazole from before because I talked about this theory to my general doctor months ago and he prescribed it to me just to test. I was leaving it because I was a little scared but I remembered that he said that that drug is not very dangerous and why don't try. I thought that yesterday because I had a very itchy anus in the morning.

Also, the threads I have found today don't look like some undigested stuff. There were a lot of them and I didn't eat yesterday nothing that could make those forms. It's very suspicious.

I have been years going to doctors, telling them about my problems and I know that they don't want to help me. They seem to think that my problem is not very important or even that it's all in my imagination. So, my only road to follow is these kind of tests, by myself, with the help of an open-minded doctor who listen to my theories and prescribe me the drugs necessary drugs. Another possible road is perhaps going to some herbalist shop and ask about my health problems.

A guy desperately trying stuff by himself, looking into his feces to look for death worms, talking to a doctor about his own "theories", etc... is not something to blame. What we must blame here is a medical system that have became ineffective to help people to deal with their health problems. Don't forget that I'm doing this kind of things after more than 5 years going from specialist to specialist, only to get ignored in the best cases and laughed or given dangeorous medications in the worst cases.

Pinworms and similar parasites can be very stubborn, they can lower the libido, make you weak, and even affect the prostate because the leaky gut. It's definititely something to research.

Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:17 pm

I forgot to mention an important thing. Those parasites usually only appear in the feces when they have been killed by the medication (death). That's why I find those threads just after the medication too suspicious.

Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:20 pm

I have taked some photos of what I have found again in the feces. To me this doesn't seem like some undigested stuff. And I don't remember have eaten these days something that can form that kind of threads. When washed with water they seem pretty gelatinous and they are difficult to break.

Image Image
ImageImage

They look like some kind of parasites to me.

Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:43 pm

Yesterday I started cranberry + copper + vitamin C capsules. I have been some days taking also maca capsules with, damiana, zinc and another things to rise my libido but my symptoms doesn't change. I'm getting a little scared because I'm starting to thing that some neurological issue maybe involved. These days I have sometimes paresthesias (very recently maybe due to a heavy panic attack), muscle cramps and involuntary contractions (well, that's not new, it has been there for like 3 years as long as I can count). That maybe due to hyperventilation but sometimes I doubt if I have some neurological unbalance. Then I get anxious. And I feel quite helpless.

My question is... Is this simply a prostatitis or it is something more wide with prostatitis and low libido/weak orgasms being only one of the manifestations? And why it fluctuates?

I don't know what else can I do. I don't trust in official doctors anymore and I'm scared of their methods, but the other side, the so called "alternative medicine" is full of snake oil sellers and I don't know to whom I can go.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next