Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Toth's Injections 

Post Toth's Injections
I am dying here, totally suicidal and hopeless, I am in 10 out of 10 pain everyday all day. Been on fosfomycin, bactrim and z pack for almost three months with minimal occasional relief. Am considering going to Jupiter to see Dr Toth, would run me about 4-5 k for treatment if I can get my friends to help me out.

I have horrific urethritis, prostate pain and groin agony. Do the injections work?

Thanks in advance for any help

Chris

Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:15 am

Post Re: Toth's Injections
Chris,

Sorry to hear about your pain.
How long have you had these symptoms? Are you only three months in?
No one really knows for sure about Toth's injections.
They work for some people, and for others not.
But I haven't read too many cases of people who have been cured by it, or I would do it myself.
Take it day by day.
Things do get better.

East Green

Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:05 am

I was able to manage my urethral pain with flowmax, it worked almost instantly. Gradually my symptoms morphed and the urethral pain left so I stopped taking the flowmax. Might be worth a shot, ask your uro.

Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:52 pm

Been on flomax for a while and sadly this has been going on for years, just never this bad.

Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:42 pm

You tried lyrica? I think when trying to find the underlying cause has failed, you need to think pain relief. Injections probably worth a go too I reckon. All the best.

Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:30 am

Hey Satch, Toth's injections helped me at first, but epididymitis caused my situation to return. Since you have chronic urethritis, he might opt for using a catheter treatment on you. I had this done, he fills the urethra with an antibiotic paste made of very high grade flagyl. The catheter doesn't hurt because he uses lidocaine. I barely even felt it at all, I was very impressed. I was terrified at first, but after it was done with lidocaine, it was nothing.

Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:48 pm

Used to have the same issue. Go see Dr. Toth for injections and immediately follow-up with long term oral antibiotics as follows:
- Cipro 500 mg twice daily
- Azithromycin 250 mg twice daily

I am currently symptom free and back to living a normal life, albeit with some pills but no side effects. These drugs are probably your best bet, and even if they didn't work before, they should work after injections (they did for me). Other drugs to try would be Fosftomycin (again), cefuroxime, or ceftriaxone. It is not worth the suffering… Just make sure you don't react poorly to fluoroquinilones.

Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]