Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 This is my story. Need input please. 

Post This is my story. Need input please.
I am 30 years old. Throughout my life I have had prostatitis/uti/epedidymitis. Four years ago I had an episode so bad I was in bed for two weeks. Finally it cleared up with cipro. I had another episode last Sunday. I went to the doctor on Monday and they found traces of blood and a bit of protein in my urine and said it was bubbly (the bubbles may have something to do with gravity though because I only see them when I stand up). Anyway. This was just a regular doctor and she said it's very rare for me to have urinary tract infections and I could have kidney disease or something and needed to see an urologist. I also have irritable bowel syndrome as well (don't know if it's connected but heard it could be). I got this infection the day after I had terrible diarrhea and was sick all day with stomach issues.

I noticed this bout of sickness after ejaculating. Sometimes I will get a random
Pressure feeling in my bladder which goes away after an hour or so but other than that I haven't had too many problems the past three years. My dad has had some issues as well but not as much as me. What do you think could be wrong with me? I hope I haven't destroyed my kidneys. Sometimes i have issues getting all the urine out when I have these infections. It varies the past week on what hurts. Yesterday my bladder was sensitive even after peeing and now today I have a dull ache in my penis but overall feeling better than I have been. I have been taking cipro for three days along with saw palmetto, azo cranberry pills, and zinc. This infection doesn't hurt so bad that I can't get out of bed but it's uncomfortable. Does anyone have any suggestions? My kidneys don't hurt and I don't have high blood pressure. I'm hoping this is something that can be fixed.

Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:27 pm

Post Re: This is my story. Need input please.
Need to find out what your gfr and creatinine levels are (bloodwork), to see what's going on with the kidney function. There's a supplement called Canephron N, made in Germany that will help to reduce inflammation, and increase circulation to the kidneys. I had interstitial nephritis from antibiotic usage, and Canephron N helped to resolve that.

If you have nausea in the morning, it could be a sign of kidney issues.

You really should begin to take VSL3 and Florastor probiotics to clear up IBS also, VSL3 was made for that. Those two probiotics may actually resolve the prostate issues you're having. Flomax, or other alpha blockers will help with hesitancy and frequency.

Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:26 pm

Thank you for your response. Not having any nausea in the morning. I started taking probiotics I found at the store a few days ago. Do most people with prostatitis have kidney damage or no? I just don't want this to be something that puts me in an early grave. I'm sorry if I sound paranoid I just am scared.

Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:18 pm

Not really, I think it's few and far between honestly. With kidney issues, you have to be careful which antibiotics you take. You have to check the routes of elimination for all medications. Steer clear from the ones that are eliminated renally by more than 50%. Always check your drug interactions also, don't combine medications that would add extra work for the kidneys, more than just one medication normally would. You also will need to stay away from NSAIDS, opt for tylenol instead.

Turmeric helps to reduce inflammation also, prednisone has shown to help with kidney inflammation as well.

Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]