Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Cranberry Juice: Caused Bladder/Urethra/Frequent Urination 

Post Cranberry Juice: Caused Bladder/Urethra/Frequent Urination
Guys,

Very happy to say I don't have any prostatitis; but I had symptoms, primarily frequent urination, urethral irritation, and "constant feeling of needing to pee" stuck in my urethra.

I spent COUNTLESS HOURS and quite a few dollars and several visits to several doctors and a physical therapist for Pelvic Floor Dysfunction. Got to the PT and she told me to stop the Cranberry Juice as it ALSO IRRITATES THE BLADDER FOR SOME PEOPLE. Yes, it flushes bacteria out, but due to that effect, it also causes frequent urination and irritation if taken too much.

Well, on Sundays, AFTER my once a week ejaculation session, I was GUZZLING the stuff, which means by Sunday night through Tuesday mornings, I had my symptoms, which made me think it was all brought on by ejaculation and a bacterial infection in the prostate.

Let this be a warning to you guys. The IRRITATING things is that my GP, and TWO Uro's never said anything like, "lay off the juice." It was the (quite hot, btw) PT that told me to stop immediately, a woman who probably knew better about bladder irritations from working mostly with women, and she was right!!

I am grateful and feel very lucky. I know many of you have dealt with annoying to debilitating prostatitis, so I hope this may be of some help and you guys get relief however you can.

Best,

JYD

Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:29 pm

Post Re: Cranberry Juice: Caused Bladder/Urethra/Frequent Urinati
Interesting. It can also function as a diuretic with some people. The d-mannose component is what supposedly flushes out the bacteria. The capsules that don't have d-mannose added, acidify the urine so no bacteria can grow in the urethra, or it possibly even kills it on its way out.

You were drinking the straight up 100% juice? That's difficult, haha, the taste alone is tough to handle.

Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:35 pm

Thanks JYD1469 for sharing your experience with cranberry juice. Good to know.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:38 am

jaumeb wrote:
Thanks JYD1469 for sharing your experience with cranberry juice. Good to know.

Inflamed wrote:
Interesting. It can also function as a diuretic with some people. The d-mannose component is what supposedly flushes out the bacteria. The capsules that don't have d-mannose added, acidify the urine so no bacteria can grow in the urethra, or it possibly even kills it on its way out.

You were drinking the straight up 100% juice? That's difficult, haha, the taste alone is tough to handle.

Yup, the 100% juice, and I got used to it, but glad I know now! No more cranberry vodka's! I wish there would be more information about this online and via GP's and Uro's. Of course, I'm a bit of a hypochondriac, so that didn't help. But yeah, cranberry juice gave me all those symptoms, exacerbated by anxiety.

Lesson learned...again.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:36 am

So cranberry juice caused all your symptoms? You stopped cranberry juice and felt normal?

Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:56 am

It's seemed to help with my urethritis, never had any problems. Guess anything can potentially cause issues though.

Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]