Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Taking an antifungal wisely 

Post Taking an antifungal wisely
Some time ago I got prescription antifungal pills from my doctor. For toe fungus that started developing after taking cipro. I read the list of side effects and put it aside; having taken cipro, I am extra careful about anything else I take. But my symptoms don't leave and I read that for people with low psa and below 40 years of age, which both applies, it's often fungal.

I tried eating less sugar, but so far, I didn't have success with that. Also, scientific studies show that methods like eating less sugar or eating much garlic doesn't kill fungus and are even harmful for your body if taken in big amounts.

Now I have those antifungal pills here. I want to finally get rid of this situation, but I am afraid of destroying my sense of smell and taste for good. And all I have as a basis is this statement in a paper.

How would you approach this? What is a compromise? If fungal, what else could I try before taking them and risking my sense of taste in addition to having pain?

Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:19 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Taking an antifungal wisely
Hey Whatever,

Try diflucan for a week or two, then switch to nystatin for a while. Also do the anti candida diet with fasting / intermittent fasting if you can. You'll see some changes occur over the course of a month. Get some cardio as well. To get rid of this takes a lifestyle change.

Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]