Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Chlamydia/Prostatitis? Long Post - Need Help 

Post Re: Chlamydia/Prostatitis? Long Post - Need Help
Thanks for the reply Inflamed. My urologist is clueless bout the 4 glass test or even an eps test. He has never done one before. I dont think any of the urologists at that office know how to do it. Infact mine dismissed me and said my problem is a pelvic floor disorder. I've had all the medication i could take...there is no sign of infection. All they do is urinalysis. That has always come back clean.

Current symptoms are rectal pressure/discomfort. Anus feels like its puckering all the time. And sometimes a slight urethreal itch. Lasts a few seconds and stops. I have doxy in the medicine cabinet..as well as flagyl and zithromax. Thinking of taking 1.5 grams zithro
..then 10 days of doxy....then 2 grams flagyl
Getting desperate.

Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:38 pm

Sorry to hear man, they probably could run a semen culture. That would at least be something. You might want to call around to other urologists in your area and ask if they can do a PES as well. I'd give it a shot, if I was desperate.

One thing I wanted to ask, are you taking probiotics? How are your stools after all the antibiotics, they runny, or normal? Was asking because the antibiotics may have thrown your colon flora off. They've done that to me before. Also, do you get any relief when you're not sitting, and when you're exercising, getting any activity at all?

Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:05 pm

I might do the trich and mycoplasma testing as well as chlamydia/gonorrhea test again. Just to rule them out of the urethra/urinary tract. I would imagine i am spending money because the urinalysis has always come back clean. The only time i tested positive for anything was for chlamydia back when this started for me in June. I never restested for it but i would imagine my urine exams would show wbc and they'd want to test me further knowing my history.

I will call around and ask about at least a 2 glass study...pre massage and post....but i think its a longshot where I live.

Throughout my ordeal with all this i have taken Florastor probiotics. Not sure if 250mg twice a day is enough to help keep my flora correct....but thats what I was told to take. Stools have been normal

STD Expert Dr. Hunter Handsfield did tell me that after so many antibiotics, it's possible I could have a colon colonized with other bacterias resistant to doxy and cipro and will need to get treated for those. But how would I even test for these? I have an appointment with a GI Dr. To rule out hemmorhoids
..fisures..etc.

Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:31 am

Also i do get relief when not sitting and getting exercise. I would go walk at a local school and keep busy and that has helped a lot too. I sometimes dont feel it when I am busy. I will stop and think does it hurt...do I feel the discomfort and it might be a bit bad but sometimes not at all.
This disease sucks...i have had some pu$$y thrown my way recently but this disease has made me think twice about taking it...lol. not even wrap it and tap it.....too damn screwed in the head to play that game now.

Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:36 am

eyeopeningepisode wrote:
Hey guys, have a urologist appointment today and really don't know what else to try, or ask for. He had me on Rapaflo, an alphablocker, for 2-3 months because he said it would relax the pelvic floor. I really don't buy that and I think he is clueless on my condition. I asked him some time back about an EPS test and he said he has never done one. He said we could try next time I saw him, but not sure if he will leave me worse off than I am or maybe I will find relief. My only symptoms really at the moment is a rectal pressure/discomfort and it's not real bad. It is kind of a dull ache, but still, I feel something there. Sometimes it's a bit more pronounced and that will cause some penis tip discomfort. I guess it's nerves being pressed on by spasming muscles. I really feel this is a pelvic floor issue so I've been trying to do the stretches in the HEAL PELVIC PAIN book. But I will always wonder if there could be a hidden bacteria in the prostate or perhaps another std I haven't tested for such as Trichomonas and/or mycoplasma or ureaplasma. Should I have them test me for those stds to rule them out? I don't have any discharge or burning with urination or ejaculation, etc...just the rectal discomfort. But I've never tested for those std's nor chlamydia again. Perhaps I should restest for all those and rule those out and clear my mind. Lately have had tons of anxiety over all this and that doesn't help the situation. Tell me what you guys think please.

eyeopening -- do you have any digestive or IBS symptoms like bouts of constipation or diarrhea when the prostatitis flares up on you?

I had the prostatitis symptoms and after years of dealing with all the pain and prostate symptoms as you described, I then started to realize when the prostatitis symptoms were the worse I had digestive symptoms and IBS symptoms. I then began a variety of tests for H-pylori and SIBO. It turns out I had SIBO. WHen I was treated for SIBO(Small intestine bacteria overgrowth ) that is when my prostatitis symptoms got much better.

On a side note, over the years all tests, CTscans, biopsies, cystcopies and tests for bacteria, chlamydia etc etc showed nothing out of the ordiniary.

Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:43 pm

Hi Bill,

I do have constipation since this started for me. I am not sure if that's what I would call it because I don't have trouble when I do have a bowel movement, but I don't have movements daily, It's more like every 3 or 4 days.

When I have the discomfort, I notice that passing gas provides relief.

I've always thought what If so many antibiotics left me with yeast or some other bacteria not killed by what I took. I haven't taken any other antibiotics since October.

I notice that if I get busy doing something (installed a sound system In a truck this weekend), I hardly feel anything if anything at all. I will continue the day like this till I have time to relax and start thinking or tensing up.

In my case, I haven't been able to tell if it's actually a bacterial problem (never had wbc's in urinalysis), or a pelvic floor problem. I just never ruled out the other std's, nor have I taken a stool test or anything like that.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:05 pm

I almost wonder if the prostate swelling in the acute phase could affect the muscles in the region. You would think that that would be impossible, but maybe it can. I can understand how people feel like not moving when they're in pain, but maybe that's precisely the wrong thing to do for this.

Eye - Ask for a semen culture man, even these doctors should be able to handle that if they can't do a PES on you. I'd give it a shot. If it comes back negative, try to eliminate anything else that could be causing the problem. I'd roll with more cardio type physical activity, and maybe some xifaxan, or itraconazole.

Do you crave sweet foods high in sugar? If so, your flora is probably off from the antibiotics like Bill said.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:59 pm

Inflamed wrote:
I almost wonder if the prostate swelling in the acute phase could affect the muscles in the region. You would think that that would be impossible, but maybe it can. I can understand how people feel like not moving when they're in pain, but maybe that's precisely the wrong thing to do for this.

Eye - Ask for a semen culture man, even these doctors should be able to handle that if they can't do a PES on you. I'd give it a shot. If it comes back negative, try to eliminate anything else that could be causing the problem. I'd roll with more cardio type physical activity, and maybe some xifaxan, or itraconazole.

Do you crave sweet foods high in sugar? If so, your flora is probably off from the antibiotics like Bill said.

Hey Inflamed....I remember when I first caught this crap, I didn't want to move at all. Just be lying down.

Do you think a regular dr. can do a semen culture? Urologist is clueless, it seems like their lab, all they know how to run is urinalysis tests.

I don't crave sweets at all. I've been around family at gatherings recently and so many different deserts have been around and I never needed to taste a thing, not really into sweets. I have 2 fluconazole tablets with me, 150mg. Thinking of taking one here after lunch.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:21 pm

Yeah man, my primary care doc is up for running whatever tests. I'm sure they can do it. You could do the groundwork for them though, if they don't feel like looking for a test code or something. I know labcore, on their site lists all the tests they can do. You could search through all the STD ones and grab codes that mention "semen" for whichever lab you go to. Could also give them a call and ask.

I just checked labcore, they will take semen samples for mycoplasma, etc. it looks like.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:09 pm

Guys, just wanted to update everyone on my current condition.

Well, went about 2 weeks with hardly any rectal pressure/discomfort and thought to myself this is fading away. I had an appointment with a colorectal surgeon last Thursday, the 21st and I contemplated just cancelling it since I felt much better. But I went anyways. It could have been a big mistake because although it helped to tell the dr. my story and what I was feeling, he proceeded to examine me from the rear and told me my prostate felt fine, which is good news. I didn't jump in pain when he touched it which leads me to believe It is not inflamed and I don't have any infection in it. He proceeded to press on the levator ani muscles and although my left side hurt more than the right, it wasn't really duplicating the discomfort I feel. So I told him, that kind of does feel like the pain but not exactly. He diagnosed me with Levator Ani Syndrome and prescribed some muscle relaxers. He said if the relaxers didn't break the spasm, he could inject botox into the levator muscles and that would break the spasm. I got another appointment for 2 months down the road and here I am today, doing awful!

Why am I doing awful?? Here goes........I started reading up on Levator Ani Syndrome and that was a big mistake. Its basically a form of pelvic floor dysfunction and although I don't have every symptom of levator ani, I do have some. What scared me and caused me anxiety is reading some of the horror stories other people went thru with this diagnosis and how some failed to get better. I started thinking what if that happens to me, what if this never goes away. Nonetheless, anxiety, fearful and all, the pain didn't come back, not until a few days ago that my wife wanted to get intimate and I could not get erect. I immediately thought it's the muscle relaxers (CYCLOBENZAPRINE) and dismissed my anxiety. I started looking up cyclobenzaprine and erectile dysfunction and there weren't many sites that listed this as one of the side effects...so the anxiety hit me again. I started feeling the pain/discomfort again and this morning we tried again and I was unable to get erect. I am still taking the relaxers and I am wondering now if these are the cause of my erectile dysfunction. Has anyone ever taken any of these relaxers and gone through the same thing? This never has happened to me before, erectile dysfunction, but then again, I've never taken relaxers of any kind before. This has me on edge, full of stress, anxiety, and fear......fear that It will never work again. If anyone reading this has any idea why this happened to me, why I took a step back when I felt I was almost over this, please reply back. Letting this out really helps and I appreciate your alls feedback.

Should I stop taking the relaxers? I was doing stretching following Amy Stein's book, Heal Pelvic Pain and was feeling better, but I guess the visit to the dr. was a huge mistake. Or maybe I should get the botox to break the spasm and continue to stretch. Hoping some of you guys can write me back.

Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:15 pm

I have no idea, really. It sounds as it has to do with the medication.

Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:27 pm

I read through this entire thread and I wanted to do my part to help. I know I'm new to the forums and everything, but I don't have Chlamydia (as far as I know). I found this, would something like this help or am I just repeating everything that everyone's already said?

http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... nt-disease

Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:05 pm

eyeopeningepisode!

It's been a long time since you've posted here. If you ever do visit I hope this message finds you. I'd like to know how you're doing?

Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2