Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Clindamycin Dosing for Prostatitis 

Post Clindamycin Dosing for Prostatitis
Anyone ever taken Clindamycin for prostatitis? I'm currently taking 1200MG per day, divided into 4 doses, or 300MG every six hours. Initially it helped tremendously, but now the symptoms are beginning to come back while I'm still on the medication.

I've seen cases on the net of people taking 600MG every 8 hours, but that seems like a lot.

If you've taken Clindamycin for prostatitis, what dosage did you use?

Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:59 am

Post Re: Clindamycin Dosing for Prostatitis
Currently on 2500mg clindamycin every 24hr, in an IV drip.

It has activity especially against chlamydia, but I believe it's only bacteriostatic, so mixed in is a tiny amount of gentamicin (not sure the exact dosage.)

I've been trying to combine anti-biofilm supplements like NAC, but not too much that might lower my essential mineral levels.

Also tried mucinex containing guaifenesin since rumors had it can open up the acini, but not sure that's done anything.

Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:28 pm

Cool, good luck man, I hope everything helps out. Only other things I can think of would be probiotics, specifcally florastor to keep cdiff at bay while on the clindamycin, and possibly prostate massages if you're able to do those, or get them done.

NAC is pretty acidic, I began to think about the mucosal lining of my stomach while taking it...could it dissipate, or reduce that as well? I've had bouts of gastritis, but I think that was due to other things not the NAC. NAC is however awesome to use if you get a cold with post nasal drip...it really shuts that down well.

Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:47 pm

Hello guys?
Did anybody feel an increase in urethra pain when starting to take Clindamycin? In my case it was like that... I think it is good if this happens but unluckily to me it gave me a horrible diahrrea on day 3 so I had to stop.... With the days this peak in pain slowly faded away to its previous state...

Regards

Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]