Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 new to here 

Post new to here
Hello...I'm new to here, discovering the website while doing some research. I know I have prostate issues...just not sure how serious. Was told about enlarged prostate a couple years ago while being treated for very painful kidney stones. I was prescribed Flomax but wound up in and out of hospital with rather serious lung disease and..one thing and another..I let the Flomax lapse. Have run to the bathroom a lot really for several years but seem to have the urge to urinate moreso than I use to. Sometimes I am up two or three times during the night and have also experienced redness around the penis opening. (Not circumsized so......could be something else I suppose.)
In any event..I would appreciate any advice/information regarding he issue. G to family doctor this week and hope to get a referral to a urologist.
regartds
robert

Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:28 pm

Post Re: new to here
Hi Robert,
Welcome to the website and hope my input helps you in some way.Sorry you are having problems with your prostate.With the fact you have the urge to urinate often and have been getting up frequently to do so seems that you might have prostatitis.Many times a doctor will say you have an enlarged prostate and right away prescribe flomax in order to help with your discomfort.I have found that unless you are having diffuculty emptying your bladder and that is why you have your discomfort flomax is not going to do anything for you as i had been on it once myself.Not only does it decreace your blood pressure and i felt like i was going to pass out it has no real benefit for prostatitis which is an inflamation and swelling.Many doctors i have found will diagnois you as having an enlarged prostate instead of prostatitis so they can pass on drugs to you.Hey no doctor just a person who has had his share of meds and it's none effectiveness.

Stay well.

Gary

Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:57 pm

Thank you Gary. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I hope to get a referral to a urtologist....until then.....will continue running , I suppose/.
robert

Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:40 pm

Your welcome Robert and hope you find a urologist soon.

Take care,

Gary

Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]