Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Thank you prostatitis! 

Post Thank you prostatitis!
Guys don't let the title fool you, I've not gone crazy yet because of prostatitis.

But I've just came to the following conclusion : Since I have my beloved prostatitis I've realised that I was doing so much harm to my body, bad lifestyle , eating unhealthy food my body was screaming for help but I've never listened to it untill now.

OK I have prostatitis, pain & discomfort but I've realised since I'm more carefull about my body I'm feeling better than before I've more energy (too bad fluoroquinolones killed my legs :( ), I feel less tired and I sleep better.

When I have reliefs I do realise how beautifull life is. Yes during relapse I'm down and depressed like the most of you here but waiting for this sickness to go away that I can live my life to the fullest since it opened my eyes!

Just wanted to know about your thoughts guys, if anyone has the same feeling as I do?

(Some people often link body aches, fatique etc.. to prostatitis but I think we should associate it to the antibiotics we're taking to fight it.)

Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:37 am

Post Re: Thank you prostatitis!
The hospital gave me an infection during a Urodynamics investigation.That infection went into my bladder,prostate,and testicles/tubes.A constant feeling of UTI symptoms.All urine tests were negative.
They pumped me for months with Cipro ( fluoroquinolones ).

They then decided as i was getting no better that it must be an antibiotic resistant infection.

By that time i felt like death most days ,tired,in pain,constant stomach pains,skin rashes.

That was two years ago.After 15 months of tests,scans and antibiotics,the hospital consultants and doctors had no clue what to do next and basically gave up,as did I nearly.

I stopped all medication and very slowly got better.After a year and reading other peoples experiences i cut out glutton to deal with my stomack and skin issues and things have improved about 80%.

Eventually i seemed to acquire another UTI and went for private analysis and they found i had been on the wrong anti biotic and put me on Nitrofurantoin.That cleared the UTI symptoms after three weeks and i now take a small dose (prophlaxis) and occasionally a small dose diazipam for anxiety if i feel a 'twinge'.

The fluoroquinolones messed up my guts i am certain of that.I am due to have a colonoscopy next week but dont know if i can be bothered with any more Doctors and hospital consultants messing with me.

Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:01 pm

Post Re: Thank you prostatitis!
Lioned, that is the problem with a lot of physicians, they treat empirically. Urine cultures are notorious for giving negative readings, even when an infection is present with regard to Bacterial Prostatitis. At a minimum if the Urine is negative they should at least try for a semen culture, or ideally EPS, to increase the odds that they will find something

Glad you are doing better

Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]