Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Urethral stricture causing all my problems 

Post Urethral stricture causing all my problems
I was really sick with prostatitis and pelvic pain, my GP doctor gave me Doxycycline and for a few days I felt much better-
but sadly I have deteriorated rapidly again and now I'm in a very bad way.
Not trusting the local doctor to do anything or know anything of use I paid to see one of London's top urologists.....
he was excellent and after telling him all my history of recurring prostatitis etc he has booked me in to have a flow test and
ultrasound etc this week but he seems fairly confident that the root cause of all my issues is a urethral stricture.
This stricture explains why I keep getting flair ups from UTI's etc and the pelvic pain is now very bad.
It's great that at least if it proves to be a stricture the appropriate remedy can be undertaken.....just a shame that the only
proper treatment is a Urethroplasty operation which sure ain't something to look forward to- but if it cures this miserable condition
I don't care what it takes.

Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:30 pm

Post Re: Urethral stricture causing all my problems
Keep us posted, if it's a stricture then your prognosis is actually very good. More often then not though the tests show up negative for strictures, but it's possible yiu have one.

Have yiu had any type of injury down there, like a smack to especially your perineal area?

Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:42 pm

Post Re: Urethral stricture causing all my problems
I had a stricture in 1995 that may have been result of a saddle injury.
It was treated by a urologist with dilation.....he said it had stretched out well-
I know they have a high recurrence rate but it seemed to me unlikely that it would
return 18 years later when I started getting more issues with pain. Many recur within 6 months or a year after dilation.

I've had further tests this week.
Luckily the ultrasound showed my kidneys and bladder are fine but the flow test was slightly odd.

Healthy men have a smooth bell shaped flow graph with an average flow of 20ml/sec
Men with strictures have a flat flow graph with an average flow of 10ml/sec or less.

My flow test showed an average flow rate of 21ml/sec- which is absolutely fine.......
however, despite my flow chart being overall bell shaped it was also a bit 'zig zaggy' and not smooth which
indicates something is not quite right.
I have to see the consultant urologist again on Saturday so I'll see what he thinks regarding the results.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]