Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:42 am



Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Acute Prostatitis --> Chronic Prostatitis? 
Author Message

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:56 pm
Posts: 4
Post Acute Prostatitis --> Chronic Prostatitis?
Hello All,

New to the forum here. Thank you all for sharing your stories; your journeys in dealing with these chronic symptoms is an amazing display of strength. I am looking for some guidance. Randomly, after one night of intimacy with my wife, I awoke with symptoms of Urinary Tract Infection. Not sure if it was the sex or the peloton bike, but it felt like a UTI so I treated my self with Cipro x 5 days with improvement, but then got worse when i stopped. So went to urologist, clean urine dip and culture, diagnosed with Prostatitis and was given Ceftin (cefuroxime).

After 2 weeks of treatment and marked improvement in symptoms, I had one beer. This triggered my symptoms for few days then resolved and I finally felt cured after 3 weeks of antibiotics. I felt healed...until I decided to have a margarita last week. This really triggered symptoms and i'm still dealing with the aftermath, still feeling the burn of the tequila, despite a month of antibiotics. I have also been taking Vitamin C and Zinc, which I am going to stop as it may be exacerbating my symptoms. I am hoping this will all resolve with time

Will also try Quercetin and Olive leaf extract and diet modification (basically following interstitial cystitis diet)...any other recommendations?

Thank you


Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:24 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:11 pm
Posts: 215
Location: Canada
Post Re: Acute Prostatitis --> Chronic Prostatitis?
Is it even prostate related?

I’ve been suffering fir years and it’s getting much worse.

In my opinion it will go away or it won’t.

Don’t waste money on supplements and don’t take
harmful antibiotics with no sign of infection.
It’s stand Urology Protocol because they don’t know
what else to do.


Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:30 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:56 pm
Posts: 4
Post Re: Acute Prostatitis --> Chronic Prostatitis?
racebannon wrote:
Is it even prostate related?

I’ve been suffering fir years and it’s getting much worse.

In my opinion it will go away or it won’t.

Don’t waste money on supplements and don’t take
harmful antibiotics with no sign of infection.
It’s stand Urology Protocol because they don’t know
what else to do.



Thank you for your reply. Yes it is because it was getting worse and worse, feeling toxic, until i started the antibiotics. That made a world of a difference. Now just some lingering gnawing pain. Hope it improves with lifestyle change.


Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:11 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:30 am
Posts: 831
Post Re: Acute Prostatitis --> Chronic Prostatitis?
Lifestyle changes can make a big difference. As I was told years ago, alcohol and caffeine do not cause prostatitis but they are like throwing gas on a flame. It makes the symptoms worse. Once you determine what you can and can’t do it might resolve itself. Best of luck.


Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:19 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:56 pm
Posts: 4
Post Re: Acute Prostatitis --> Chronic Prostatitis?
Madcap wrote:
Lifestyle changes can make a big difference. As I was told years ago, alcohol and caffeine do not cause prostatitis but they are like throwing gas on a flame. It makes the symptoms worse. Once you determine what you can and can’t do it might resolve itself. Best of luck.


This is what I did. Cut out all caffeine, alcohol, all drinks except flat water, spicy foods, most spices in general, no acidic foods (as per interstitial cystitis diet); I went completely plant based diet. Only then did I improve to about 95% of normal. Still working on the other 5%, I have great days and then not so great days, I think it varies based on my daily diet.


Tue May 05, 2020 1:34 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ] 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.