Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Doctor won't operate, recommends nonsense treatments? 

Post Doctor won't operate, recommends nonsense treatments?
So I just recently had a cystoscope done to check out what's going on with my urinary symptoms. Mainly I have a persistent urge to piss ALL the time. I seem to empty my bladder normally when it's full but otherwise even when it's empty there's this annoying sensation at the tip of the penis that I have to pee even when I'm practically empty.

The doctor stated that the size of the prostate is excellent for someone of my age and also there are no strictures, bladder neck issues, or otherwise any urethral issues. He DID find that the prostate is pushing up into the bladder. That right there would explain my symptom perfectly.

To my disappointment the doctor won't operate. His response was actually something generic like "it just causes more problems" but I'm not asking him to remove the entire prostate...

We had a really brief discussion before he got called to a case: try alpha blockers for 2 weeks, let him know how it is, if that doesn't work, try pelvic floor therapy, if that doesn't work, possible spinal tibial nerve stimulation.

My problem with all of those is they don't treat my problem. I have a legit physical, structural/anatomical thing that isn't going to just go away if I take alpha blockers. It's not that I can't pee, it's that it feels like I have to pee all the time. So why even bother with alpha blockers? I've tried them and they don't do anything besides give me retrograde ejaculation. I've tried pelvic floor therapy; it was a waste of money. And well I haven't tried the last thing, but why bother?

It's frustrating that despite multiple breakthroughs in prostate tissue removal the doc can't just "shave some off the top". They have holmium, greenlight, rezum, and even urolift.

Something doesn't seem right here and I just wonder if I am going crazy here? If they treat BPH with those all the time, what is preventing him from treating me?

Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:28 pm

Post Re: Doctor won't operate, recommends nonsense treatments?
Yes the surgery is done but it can create more problems. The Dr was being honest. Surgery should always be a last resort. I’m 63 but my first bout I was around 40 and my Urologist mentioned that surgery was an option but not always a good outcome. You can fix one problem and create a new one.

Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:17 pm

Madcap wrote:
Yes the surgery is done but it can create more problems. The Dr was being honest. Surgery should always be a last resort. I’m 63 but my first bout I was around 40 and my Urologist mentioned that surgery was an option but not always a good outcome. You can fix one problem and create a new one.

What problems are there aside from retrograde ejaculation?

Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:39 am

anonaccnt wrote:
Madcap wrote:

What problems are there aside from retrograde ejaculation?

The ejaculation issue is primarily a problem from medications to treat the condition, not surgery. You should make appointments with more than one Urologist and ask questions about the risks. A Urologist who tells you he doesn’t think surgery is your best option must have a reason.

Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:06 am

If you take flomax, take 0.2mg to see if it works. There shouldn't be side effects with that low a dose, and it will still provide relief. You may have to get the 0.4mg capsules, break them open, pour half into an empty capsule and the other half into another empty capsule.

Make some dietary changes as well. Get rid of sugar and carbs (including fruit) for a while, 2-3 months. Eat lots of yogurt every day, as organic and natural as possible. Ditch non-organic vegetables. If your prostate is inflamed as a result of bacteria, your immune system will fight it off. It may take a while though as infections there aren't cured overnight. Cardio exercise can help as well, some have had relief from prostate massages.

What is your psa, and age?

Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:39 pm

Inflamed wrote:
If you take flomax, take 0.2mg to see if it works. There shouldn't be side effects with that low a dose, and it will still provide relief. You may have to get the 0.4mg capsules, break them open, pour half into an empty capsule and the other half into another empty capsule.

Make some dietary changes as well. Get rid of sugar and carbs (including fruit) for a while, 2-3 months. Eat lots of yogurt every day, as organic and natural as possible. Ditch non-organic vegetables. If your prostate is inflamed as a result of bacteria, your immune system will fight it off. It may take a while though as infections there aren't cured overnight. Cardio exercise can help as well, some have had relief from prostate massages.

What is your psa, and age?

I'm 28, PSA value last time I had it checked was 0.9

What is as organic and natural as possible yogurt?

I've had another appointment with a uro scheduled for a while, so I am going to see what he says.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:26 pm

At some point in my saga of prostatitis I dreamed have having prostate removal. Docs looked at me like I was crazy when I asked. Turns out they were right. I'm sooooooo glad I waited it out and didn't get that drastic.

If your prostate isn't enlarged then why is it pushing up into your bladder? You sure you don't have tight pelvic floor muscles causing the issue? It's not as easy as just "shaving some off the top" LOL.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:43 pm

Yup
I had some shaved off the top

I want to die today. Well I won’t end it but in my opinion
a Urologist cannot cure your problem.

My cure? It will go away or it won’t

Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:21 pm

Give a supplement called ReMag a try. It relaxed my pelvic floor a lot after a couple days of use, I went from a grower to a shower, lol. It also helped tremendously with gastritis as it relaxed my stomach and intestinal sphincters so food didn't sit in the stomach longer than it should've, which caused excess acid.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:59 pm

If you try ReMag, check for interactions with other actual medicines before you take it. It's just magnesium, but still, always be safe.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:14 pm

racebannon wrote:
Yup
I had some shaved off the top

I want to die today. Well I won’t end it but in my opinion
a Urologist cannot cure your problem.

My cure? It will go away or it won’t

Which TURP procedure did you get? How did it not help you? I assume your symptoms must be more than urinary.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]