Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
 My story, chronic prostatitis associated with weak orgasms 

Post Re: My story, chronic prostatitis associated with weak orgas
Ayaguy,

I want to stay away from antibiotics. They are pretty dangerous and I have never improved by taking any of them. I have done a lot of cultures/antibiograms that showed the antibiotics that should work theoretically but they didn't. I have taken two quinolones, levofloxacin and ciprofloxacin and they didn't do anything. I'm pretty skeptic about another quinolone working in my case. Antibiotics cause me a lot of anxiety while taking them, I was always crossing fingers to not get grave problems associated with them.

I have bought today a berberine supplement and I have taken the first dosage. It says that each capsule has 285 mg of Berberis aquifolium (root) and 250 of Berberis aristata (root extract). I would like to combine it with another things, such as quercetin/bromelain or others that you mentioned, like tea tree oil, but I'm really short of money. Let's see if this works.

Healthyprostate,

When I was taking antibiotics, I can't remember which, but it's written somewhere in this long thread, the next culture two more bacterias showed up: enterobacter cloacae and klebsiella pneumoniae. I don't know if they were there from before and they just showed up because the antibiotics made them do so or what. The urologist didn't explain me nothing. Cultures are not accurate in cases of prostatitis. It could be that there are also fungus or another pathogens so buried inside that they don't show up in any cultures.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:48 am

That's understandable, imo it's best to avoid pharmaceutical anti-biotics unless they're absolutely necessary, but me personally, i'm willing to try anything so long as it may help but if there's healthier/safer options out there then it's best to go with those and leave the pharmaceuticals as a last resort, imo.

And yeah maybe that supplement will help you out, although i'm not sure how much of that particular supplement you'd need, so dosage may need to be increased a good bit, idk. Don't forget the P-Glycoprotein inhibitor, either Milk Thistle or Piperine/Black Pepper or something else that does it. And remember you probably have to take the Berberine/Berberine-containing plants about 3 to 4 times a day, like every 6 to 8 hours. But yeah combining it with other things is a good idea.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:20 pm

The problem with the dosage is that there are 60 capsules. So, if I take one by day it will last 2 months, but more will result in less time. In the package it says one per day, but I don't know if that's enough in my case.

And about P-Glycoprotein inhibitor, I read yesterday that grape juice does that. I don't know if it is that simple. But since I can't buy more supplements this month I'll try that.

The only thing I noticed yesterday after 3 hours before taking the first dosage of berberine, and I don't know if it was a coincidence, was that I felt very sleepy.

Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:54 am

Yeah you'll probably have to wait till you get more money to be able to buy enough for it to work, if it's going to work. Maybe you'll get something out of it currently, but don't be disappointed if you don't notice anything, as it's probably a dosage and timing thing.

Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:11 pm

How long it took in your case to start seeing results? What dosage did you took daily?

Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:47 am

Pretty much from the get go i started seeing some improvement, mainly in the fading of the red lines at the tips of my nails and the 2 lines under my penis head (which seems to be an indicator for my infection), and i started noticing the prostate not being as inflamed after ejaculation and started getting a better flow and a bit of an improved ability to start urination.

The dosage i'm taking currently is 450mgs of Berberine HCL 4 times a day, about 6 hours apart. I was taking it 8 hours apart but i think 6 hours apart is more stable. Generally they say to take Berberine 3 to 4 times a day since it's got a relatively short half-life.

Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:39 pm

But in the bottle I got it says 1 capsule per day.

Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:21 pm

Yeah a lot of supplement bottles say that, but it's up to you to figure out the actual dosage. My bottle says 2 a day, but when you look into Berberine they say to take it 3 to 4 times a day. Plus the fact that your bottle has a couple hundred mgs of plant root or root extract, which i'm sure doesn't contain 1800mgs of Berberine, so you definitely wanna go with a better supplement imo. I mean your supplement could perhaps do something, but i think you'll probably need a better supplement.

Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:24 pm

Doesn't the berberine, or whichever nutrient it is, often come from the root or the extract from the plant? I don't know what they do to increase the potency of the extract, but it probably is accounted for, whether it's from the root of the plant or other parts. If it's not, then I'd say that's something worth looking up in regard to the company producing it. It can even be viable to email the company and ask them, in general (as in, not to reveal their whole process and recipe, though that wouldn't be unadvisable since it's not an act of theft to use for commercial gain), how they come up with the dose.

Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20