Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 501 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 My story, chronic prostatitis associated with weak orgasms 

Post Re: My story, chronic prostatitis associated with weak orgas
Ayaguy,

I want to stay away from antibiotics. They are pretty dangerous and I have never improved by taking any of them. I have done a lot of cultures/antibiograms that showed the antibiotics that should work theoretically but they didn't. I have taken two quinolones, levofloxacin and ciprofloxacin and they didn't do anything. I'm pretty skeptic about another quinolone working in my case. Antibiotics cause me a lot of anxiety while taking them, I was always crossing fingers to not get grave problems associated with them.

I have bought today a berberine supplement and I have taken the first dosage. It says that each capsule has 285 mg of Berberis aquifolium (root) and 250 of Berberis aristata (root extract). I would like to combine it with another things, such as quercetin/bromelain or others that you mentioned, like tea tree oil, but I'm really short of money. Let's see if this works.

Healthyprostate,

When I was taking antibiotics, I can't remember which, but it's written somewhere in this long thread, the next culture two more bacterias showed up: enterobacter cloacae and klebsiella pneumoniae. I don't know if they were there from before and they just showed up because the antibiotics made them do so or what. The urologist didn't explain me nothing. Cultures are not accurate in cases of prostatitis. It could be that there are also fungus or another pathogens so buried inside that they don't show up in any cultures.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:48 am

That's understandable, imo it's best to avoid pharmaceutical anti-biotics unless they're absolutely necessary, but me personally, i'm willing to try anything so long as it may help but if there's healthier/safer options out there then it's best to go with those and leave the pharmaceuticals as a last resort, imo.

And yeah maybe that supplement will help you out, although i'm not sure how much of that particular supplement you'd need, so dosage may need to be increased a good bit, idk. Don't forget the P-Glycoprotein inhibitor, either Milk Thistle or Piperine/Black Pepper or something else that does it. And remember you probably have to take the Berberine/Berberine-containing plants about 3 to 4 times a day, like every 6 to 8 hours. But yeah combining it with other things is a good idea.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:20 pm

The problem with the dosage is that there are 60 capsules. So, if I take one by day it will last 2 months, but more will result in less time. In the package it says one per day, but I don't know if that's enough in my case.

And about P-Glycoprotein inhibitor, I read yesterday that grape juice does that. I don't know if it is that simple. But since I can't buy more supplements this month I'll try that.

The only thing I noticed yesterday after 3 hours before taking the first dosage of berberine, and I don't know if it was a coincidence, was that I felt very sleepy.

Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:54 am

Yeah you'll probably have to wait till you get more money to be able to buy enough for it to work, if it's going to work. Maybe you'll get something out of it currently, but don't be disappointed if you don't notice anything, as it's probably a dosage and timing thing.

Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:11 pm

How long it took in your case to start seeing results? What dosage did you took daily?

Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:47 am

Pretty much from the get go i started seeing some improvement, mainly in the fading of the red lines at the tips of my nails and the 2 lines under my penis head (which seems to be an indicator for my infection), and i started noticing the prostate not being as inflamed after ejaculation and started getting a better flow and a bit of an improved ability to start urination.

The dosage i'm taking currently is 450mgs of Berberine HCL 4 times a day, about 6 hours apart. I was taking it 8 hours apart but i think 6 hours apart is more stable. Generally they say to take Berberine 3 to 4 times a day since it's got a relatively short half-life.

Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:39 pm

But in the bottle I got it says 1 capsule per day.

Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:21 pm

Yeah a lot of supplement bottles say that, but it's up to you to figure out the actual dosage. My bottle says 2 a day, but when you look into Berberine they say to take it 3 to 4 times a day. Plus the fact that your bottle has a couple hundred mgs of plant root or root extract, which i'm sure doesn't contain 1800mgs of Berberine, so you definitely wanna go with a better supplement imo. I mean your supplement could perhaps do something, but i think you'll probably need a better supplement.

Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:24 pm

Doesn't the berberine, or whichever nutrient it is, often come from the root or the extract from the plant? I don't know what they do to increase the potency of the extract, but it probably is accounted for, whether it's from the root of the plant or other parts. If it's not, then I'd say that's something worth looking up in regard to the company producing it. It can even be viable to email the company and ask them, in general (as in, not to reveal their whole process and recipe, though that wouldn't be unadvisable since it's not an act of theft to use for commercial gain), how they come up with the dose.

Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:39 pm

I think my intuition was correct in that it's probably best to wait 7 to 10 days or so in between ejaculation, waiting 1 to 5 days in between doesn't seem to work as well. I've noticed the longer i abstain from ejaculation, the clear things get, but around 8 to 10 days or so my prostate feels pretty full and inflamed so ejaculation helps to bring it down in size. Still taking the Fluconazole but went back to skipping a full 48 hours between each dosage, seems to work alright, still taking a capsule of the Berberine HCL at about 450 to 500mgs with a capsule of Milk Thistle 4 times a day, and just yesterday decided to add some Allicin back in the mix (though still gotta figure out the right dosage and timing) just to see if i notice any difference with the Allicin since i've stopped taking the Cipro, which i do think Allicin could potentially help as well, not sure though, and not sure how long i'll take the Allicin.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:46 pm

Since I started taking the berberine there was a few days I got improvements. But again it went back to the same status as always. It's difficult to tell if it was the berberine or another casual improvement.

I was yesterday thinking that maybe not ejaculating for days may help. I have read that prostatic fluid have antibacterial properties and maybe any thing that we take could have more concentration in a full prostate. Specially if it goes to the prostatic fluid.

My experience with abstinence from ejaculation is of 6 days. The results vary. Sometimes my libido and orgasm improves after a few days, sometimes after 6 days it is in the same status. Even I can't have an erection only by thinking or watching erotic stuff, what is not normal after that time.

I would like to try a longer abstinence to see if things clear up, maybe one month or even more, but I'm living alone and I miss my orgasms and libido so much that I always end doing tests after 5 or 6 days. But if like I have read, prostatic fluid helps to clean bacterial infections, it's logical that not ejaculating for a long time would help. Sometimes I think that my body, by lowering my libido and weakening my orgasms, could be telling me to let it clean the infection. But who knows.

Yesterday I didn't ejaculate because my libido was awful and the pleasure was gone, but I don't know if I can go for a longer abstinence because I always feel the urge to try if it feels a little better after a few days. Sometimes it feels as numb as always and I regret, and the count start again.

Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:26 am

Yeah i definitely get the sense/impression that the longer one abstains from ejaculation, the clearer the infection gets. However, while prostatic fluid may indeed be anti-bacterial/fungal and my indeed help, i feel it may be necessary to be on some things that keeps the infection from multiplying as without things to keep it from multiplying it may just re-grow regardless if one ejaculates or not, i'm really not sure, but ime abstaining from ejaculation does help and is most likely better than ejaculating regularly. Ime, i've noticed around maybe 7 to 8 days or so in between ejaculation is good, but the longer i abstain the more inflamed or filled my prostate gets, whether due to the increase in prostatic fluid in the prostate making the prostate bigger or due to to the infection making it inflamed, so every 7 to 8 days or so i ejaculate and things seem to be getting clearer, but man it has been a long process and recovery is sloooooow but there is definitely improvement for sure.

With the Berberine, you may just need to either take more of a dosage or take it 3 to 4 times a day due to the short half-life to keep a consistent dosage in your system. So the Berberine may still work, you just gotta figure out the right dosage/timing.

As for me, i'm still taking the Fluconazole, 200mgs every 48 hours, 450mgs of Berberine with some Milk Thistle extract 4 times a day (every 6 hours), and taking 360mgs (2 capsules) of Allicin (AllicinMax from the UK) 4 times a day as well with the Berberine and Milk Thistle. Not sure if the Allicin is doing anything, but there's still some improvement going on so things are going alright so far. I also still recommend a combination of Saw Palmetto and Pygeum Africanum though, in the right dosages, because every now and then if i take more of the Saw Palmetto and Pygeum Africanum or i don't take it at all, i start to feel rather uncomfortable down below again, but if i take a capsule of Saw Palmetto extract and a capsule of Pygeum Africanum root twice a day, works like a charm and i feel much better down there, so it's definitely a part of the medicinal package for me through all of this.

Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:35 pm

But think back when you didn't have prostatitis and the symptoms you have. Prostate getting bigger doesn't result in pain and inflammation. And did it really get bigger? or didn't you notice? I didn't notice, most of the time at least. I didn't feel my perineum swelling or hurting. Nerves are damaged or somehow affected by the pain and problems with prostatitis/CPPS and associated conditions/diseases. I read a list of vitamin deficiencies and their signs, and I had at least a few signs from all of them except Vitamin D and K and one other. Most of them are absorbed in the small intestine. Another probable cause of problems is pancreatic enzyme dysfunction or deficiency. Even if it's a lower extent of enzyme deficiency or dysfunction, it could still be a cue to the larger problem(s). What I read is the less nutrients that are absorbed in the gut, the more they are available for bacteria and other micro-organisms to feed on, after which they proliferate. Perhaps probiotics aren't as healthy as is condoned. One of the things a pelvic floor physiotherapist told me was that the brain exaggerates things to allow coping mechanisms for dealing with chronic pain and other problems. I don't know exactly how true it is, but there is an effect of lessening stress and fear, and sometimes pain, via a certain level of exaggeration from the mind. It doesn't constitute a constant brain response or an all-encompassing approach to lessening pain and stress. It sometimes helps in understanding the problem more though.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:02 pm

Today I have started a quercetin + bromelain supplement and I will try also colloidal silver. I also want to try, while taking all of this, a long abstinence from ejaculation, maybe one month.

About colloidal silver, there are a lot of horror stories in the internet that scare me. Anyone has tested it for prostatitis?

Let's see if I finally can improve.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:30 pm

Chavalote, there's a "rule of thumb" which says "start small or with a little bit, and add more later if necessary". Perhaps trying that with colloidal silver would reduce any risk. Silver is a mineral in a number of foods, but it's considered a trace mineral/nutrient. Copper, silver, and gold are all trace minerals for human health.

Send an update a day or two after you've consumed some quercetin + bromelain. I'm sure the forum would appreciate you checking in.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:42 pm

After doing a little of research in the internet about colloidal silver I have got anxious. There are a lot of people saying that it's innocuous (included the herb shop woman who has told me about it), but on the other hand there are a lot of stuff about argyria in the internet. I don't know what to believe because there are a lot of economic interests in both sides. I mean, antibiotics "aproved by science" can kill you and it's written in the information pamphlet, but there is not such mess in the internet. But when it comes to "alternative" supplements all is bad and dangerous. It's all very confussing. I feel like they are manipulating me, like with the yohimbine, another supplement that is even banned from my country "because it may be dangerous". I mean, come on! I took the Bactrim for two months and it leaved me shattered but no one "scientist" makes a mess about the dangers of that kind of antibiotics. It's difficult to make decisions when there are two many ideological, economic biased stuff in the internet.

I have always anxiety/depression and reading those things make me anxious. On the other hand, I would like to try it and see if I can get rid of this infection.

And about quercetin + bromelain I have taken my first dosage before eating, to avoid possible digestive problems described by another user in this forum, and it seems that it's ok. But I can't tell the results after a few days because I'm going to try to combine this with abstinence from ejaculation for one month (I don't know if I'll be able because I always have the urge to try if I have improved after 4 or 5 days). I say this because in my case there is not chronic pain and the only way to test if I'm getting better is by masturbating and ejaculating. Sometimes urination is painful but not always. It may sound weird but it's my libido and orgasm what usually tells me if I'm in better or worse condition.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:20 pm

I know economic interests are a part of the regulation, pricing, and even lack of marketing lots of products, whether herbal or industrial. Yet, if there's a large number of people swearing by colloidal silver that it's not harmful in their personal experience, then it may be it's not harmful. However, I see what you're saying, that the same can be said for a number of other drugs and herbs. My opinion is the safer route or choice is often best to try before the more dangerous one, even if both are based upon hearsay and/or popular consent. Testimony alone usually isn't enough to sufficiently persuade me to try a drug or herb that has concomitant dangers affixed to its supposed reputation. Maybe chicken noodle soup, or tomato soup, would relieve pain as much as it does aches from the flu. I know there's more going into a decision of health than merely trial and error, or potential hazards.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:14 pm

The problem with the health care system is it is mostly driven by desire for money or power, but unfortunately this applies to alternative healthcare as well. Some of these guys will just keep taking your money week after week even though they know it is going nowhere. On the other side, we have doctors armed with very strong drugs that often do no healing whatsoever.

I tried a homeopath who told me that homeopathy is very safe and now after one remedy my nervous system is so much worse. I consider homeopathy a serious and drastic option to be tried before only other more serious and potentially dangerous options like injections and surgery. I am aware this is a fringe viewpoint, but it is certainly true to my experience of things.

Now I just test herbs on myself through lack of better alternatives and essentials oils. So far modest improvements, and no much harm after over a year. Peppermint oil diluted in olive oil appears to relieve some pain. The answers are out there, but where, where are they?

Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:53 am

I started the other day the colloidal silver. So I'm now taking:

- Quercetin and Bromelain.

- Berberine.

- Colloidal Silver.

- Garlic with lemon and olive oil (since I don't have more money to buy Allicin I'm taking raw garlics, they burn as hell but I think that it's the best way to take them).

Sometimes I have a slight itchy feeling in the urethra and scrotum since yesterday. I wonder if that is good. The user of another forum quoted in the 17 page of this thread, who talks about Quercetin and Bromelain, talks about that symptom as a good sign. A sign that things are getting healed.

Yesterday, I felt a slight arousal and I tried looking erotic stuff to see if I could get an erection. I could, but it was weak, but I went further and touched a little, I ended ejaculating, a mistake! Now I know that if I want to do the entire month I must avoid all erotic stuff and tests to see if I can get aroused, etc... because I end testing how the orgasm feels and ejaculating. It was not as bad as other times but it was burning. Now I must start the count from 0 again. Not ejaculating for a month seems easy but, living alone and missing a good orgasm for years, it is a difficult challenge. Because you feel the urge to try if after a few days it has improved. You get aroused easily only because you think it can had improved.

I want to stay away from ejaculation because I have the theory that all the stuff I drink may work better in that way, together with the prostatic fluid which is said to be antibacterial. I have realized that the more I ejaculate, the more this worsens, so I applied the inverse logic. Maybe leaving the prostate rest may help to clear the infection.

Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:21 pm

It's interesting to hear you're taking colloidal silver. I'm thinking of getting some. How did you get it?

Raw garlic sounds healthier than taking allicin capsules. Allicin isn't only in garlic. Though I don't know what else it's in, I simply forgot what I read before about what else it's in.

You might be careful about the lemon. It's high acid, and could easily contain bacteria. I guess make sure the lemon is fresh, ripe, and used immediately after cutting open. Beware any soft, bruised spots, or black/white/green stuff on the rind or inside.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:17 pm

I went to a near herb shop to ask for a quercetin + bromelain supplement and when I explained that it was for a chronic infection the shop assistant asked if I had tried colloidal silver and I ordered it because I remembered some testimonies about it in cases of bacterial prostatitis. Try asking for it in herb shops, maybe there are some that can order it for you.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:32 pm

Yeah raw Garlic is probably better than pure Allicin, although it's said Allicin is the anti-bacterial compound, or rather, what Allicin breaks down into, but there could be other things in Garlic that contributes.

I stopped taking the Allicin because it was causing me to bruise easily due to blood thinning or anti-platelet properties and i'm not sure if it was helping or not, i may try it again at some point but currently recovering from having a couple teeth pulled so i don't need any blood thinning right now.

I've tried abstaining from ejaculation but i can't really seem to get passed 1 to 2 weeks, and even that can be a bit of a challenge, consciously i can control when i ejaculate but in my sleep wet dreams can become an issue. Also i can't remember if i've mentioned this yet or not, but another sign that things are slowly getting better, at least ime, is when there's some kind of pain but not really pain more like a kind of sensation from the prostate, which feels like maybe it's shrinking a bit as opposed to getting bigger because when it gets more inflamed i don't notice any sensation but when it reduces in size a little bit i get this sensation that feels like it's letting me know things are getting better.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm

What I read about allicin on Wikipedia's entry for it is that it's only a component that's produced when the tissue of the garlic is damaged (when it's cut, crushed, diced, etc.). It says the enzyme alliinase has action on alliin to form allicin. Allicin is also an organosulfur compound, which could associate it with blood-thinning problems. Other organosulfur compounds are found in similarly chopped/crushed foods, particularly onion, leeks, chives, shallots, horseradish, mustard greens, cabbage, beets, beans, and a bunch of others. It's probably best to not rely on garlic for antibacterial properties by itself. I also read a study in which the results showed raw garlic is a more reliable source of proactive allicin than allicin capsules/pills...except for Kwai (the brand name I think) allicin garlic powder pills. If anyone wants the links to the study and/or to the list of foods with organosulfur compounds and other phytochemicals, pm me.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:46 pm

You can try aloe Vera juice. I use the Fruit of the earth brand. It helps inflammation and it is also antibacterial. What also helps me is Indian food. I think the turmeric in Indian food improves my symptoms a lot

Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:21 am

These days I'm having a weird experience. All of this started the other Sunday (October 7). I felt bad and I had diarrhea that lasted like 3 days. That is quite common in my case, something like IBS that I suffer sometimes. I always get very anxious when that happens until the feces get normal. It can happen 1 time in 3 or 4 months or several times in a month. But this time is a bit different. The last Sunday (October 14), after a feew weeks that I thought it was gone I had the same kind of diarrhea again, with the same weird smell and a bit yellowish colour which suggested it was the same infection.

The first time I thought it was some infection that I got from eating something infected. The second time I thought it was the same again, or some kind of relapse. I have forgotten to mention that the first time, the first days, I had shivers and flu-like symptoms until the feces got normal again. Now the feces have got normal for two days and the flu-like symptoms and shivers are still there. This night I have had problems sleeping because the shivers get worse while sleeping, I don't know why. It feels more like a flu while sleeping. When I'm awake I feel the shivers quite mild and the flu-like symptoms also get better.

Then I remembered the die-off symptoms of some chronic infections. I also have mild itches in arms, neck, etc... like an allergy, and other symptoms that match that kind of reaction. I have been reading that it is a good sign but I have been suffering the chronic prostatitis for too long that I can't believe this can be a sign of being getting cured. I think in the worst things.

Another important thing is that my sinus feel a little decongested. I always have the sinus congested and that can vary from day to day but they feel a little better, just a little but noticeable. And my orgasms feel a little better, not 100%, it's like 5 of 10 (always they are 1 from 3 of 10) but it's also noticeable. But oddly enough, when I get flu my orgasms also change, so I don't know.

What scares me the most is the flu-like symptoms I get while sleeping that sometimes make me awake and worry. I also feel nausea and dizzy. I had that also the first time (October 7) but it vanished after 3 or 4 days. That makes me think that it's not something grave. Because if it were the case it had been continuous or going worse with time. Tha shivers are mainly in the arms, neck, hands and chest, but can also be noticeable sometimes in other parts of the body. My throat is fine so it's not a flu, I guess. Also, I have measured the temperature several times these days and there is no fever. It's weird because it feels like fever, with even mild sweating but there is not.

Another weird thing about this is that the symptoms remind me to the ones I suffered in Japan when I got some infection that I suspect triggered my current house dust allergy. I also suspect that my prostatitis and other health problems started by that. So, thinking in the good way I thing that my body could have been storing and controlling that infection and now the toxins are getting released because the pathogens are being killed. That would be marvelous but I'm with anxiety thinking about that being a coincidence, about grave pathologies, or even something bad caused by colloidal silver. I don't know what to think and I can't count on doctors to get the answers.

I'm scared thinking the worst. That maybe some organ failure or something. Somebody has experienced similar symptoms? What do you think?

Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 501 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next