Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Whitish discharge from urethra 

Post Whitish discharge from urethra
Hi all,

So I've been to the urologist twice. The first time he prescribed me Cipro which I only took one dose of because it gave me eye pain and really bad joint pain, so I was switched to Bactrim (sulfa) and I took that for 6 weeks. Everything was good, the white fluid discharge went away. Then when I finished my 6 weeks, after about 4-5 days, I started getting discharge again. I went back to the urologist and he said from my urine and the sample, there is no infection and that 98 percent of prostatitis is not caused by bacteria but inflammation. He prescribed me Bactrim again and this time for 2 months. I've been taking it for 3-4 days now and I'm still getting quite a lot of discharge.

Does anyone else get discharge as a side effect of prostatitis? My doctor swears based on the lab results that it's not bacterial, but I'm confused on why I'm getting this annoying discharge if no bacteria is present to cause it. Is it just the prostate releasing fluid because it is inflamed? I don't have chlamydia or gonorrhea. I specifically asked my Uro about that.

Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:36 am

Post Re: Whitish discharge from urethra
When my symptoms first started in 2011, I had white discharge into my underwear that then became crusty. No longer have anything like that really, I always have a little bit of something that looks like pre-cum in the urethra when I look, but it never comes out into my underwear.

Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:17 pm

CLCardinal84 wrote:
When my symptoms first started in 2011, I had white discharge into my underwear that then became crusty. No longer have anything like that really, I always have a little bit of something that looks like pre-cum in the urethra when I look, but it never comes out into my underwear.

Thanks for your reply. So in your opinion, the white discharge can simply be a symptom of nonbacterial prostatitis? I just want to make sure I don't have an infection (Uro said I don't).

Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:10 pm

I wasnt properly tested in 2011 when I first had symptoms. In 2013, during a bad flare-up, I saw a new uro and was diagnosed with bacterial prostatitis based on EPS culture.

Mine I think Is CBP and my uro that correctly cultured EPS retired so I’m currently trying to figure out my next plan of action. Im going to make an appt with my new uro and request a semen culture since it’s more concentrated unlike urine.

Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:01 pm

Yes I had extensive discharge when it first started. Slowly over 1.5-2yrs it became thick and white (and less) until it just went away on its own. No idea if the cause was bacterial or not. I had mine cultured and it didn't show anything.

Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:45 pm

Great Uro.... He jumps to conclusion its not bacterial even though antibiotic helped. I also had discharge at young age when first contracted. Never got tested properly. Its most likely bacterial find a uro that tests proper. The discharge usually occurs when the prostate is inflamed due to the infection high WBC

Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]