Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Need Advice: Oral Sex No Condom - STD to CBP? 

Post Re: Need Advice: Oral Sex No Condom - STD to CBP?
For you married folks, who have come across the oral sex problem as I have, how are you having this many doctors appointments and filling that many prescriptions without your wife's knowledge? I'm not going for anymore treatment because of the fear of her seeing my scripts. Do you guys share insurance with your spouses? If so, can't they see your activity and scripts? I guess this same question could be posed to the fellas just in a long term relationship. Just wondering....

Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:18 pm

stanfelder wrote:
For you married folks, who have come across the oral sex problem as I have, how are you having this many doctors appointments and filling that many prescriptions without your wife's knowledge? I'm not going for anymore treatment because of the fear of her seeing my scripts. Do you guys share insurance with your spouses? If so, can't they see your activity and scripts? I guess this same question could be posed to the fellas just in a long term relationship. Just wondering....

I can't speak for everyone but I can tell you that in my case, in a long term relationship, she is fully aware of the fact that I've been diagnosed with a prostate infection. She is unaware of my suspected cause, but I've told her doctors suspect a UTI that became a prostate infection and that its a very difficult thing to treat. I've also made appointments with new doctors that are outside of the normal physicians I typically see, so that the medical history is kept as private as possible (which is very difficult in the age of computers).

If you are concerned about STDs, in America there are a lot of places you can go online to get free STD screening, though those tests may be less reliable than some of the more advanced DNA testing that you can get from places like this MicroGen labs I keep hearing about - but they can tell you if you have any of the "big guys" and you can do it relatively anonymously and skip insurance, I paid out of pocket $198 for a full STD screen done privately. I won't link any specific sites to avoid anyone thinking I am promoting something, but google will find you what you need.

Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:15 pm

stanfelder wrote:

LOL, immediately after the whole thing happened I went home and told my wife. That turned out to be a very good idea because of the ordeal that transpired since then. In hindsight I probably could have just played it off as a random UTI, but as it was happening, and without any experience in this sort of thing, I figured I had chlamydia or some other STD and there would be no way for me to hide that. So I told her.

Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:14 am

stanfelder wrote:

I confessed to my wife early on. Good thing I did because I never in my wildest nightmare expected this to turn into such an ordeal (7 months now). My wife is still angry but in retrospect, I've learned a lot from my self-created pain and suffering and think I am wiser for the wear.

Lesson 1: Don't cheat on your wife. Masturbate instead. The world is selling a life about consequence free sex and using a condom is no guarantee of prevention of infection.

Lesson 2. In a few years, antibiotic resistant STDs will be very prevalent. I was lucky in that I was able to treat my mycoplasma with a tetracycline. Many doctors are totally clueless in treating mycoplasmas.

Lesson 3. Antibiotic resistant infections are difficult, expensive and time consuming to fight and are an increasing problem in the world.

Lesson 4. Mycoplasmas. Most doctors don't know anything about them. These are very persistent bacteria and can really mess you up. Mycoplasmas are some of the fastest adapting bacteria and I expect that at this rate some of the pathogenic ones will be completely bacterial resistant in the next decade.

I have learned many other lessons but will not bore you. Suffice to say modern medicine is not nearly as modern as I thought.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:35 pm

Update:

So my prostate PCR and culture and my wife's PCR and culture both came back negative. Doctor thinks we've beaten the infection but I am still thinking there most be some sort of microfilm there which I am going to work on fighting. Still bit 'leaky' during the day and some minor pain (twinges that come and go), but the pain has been going down considerably past few weeks.I am currently taking following supplements every 12 hours:

1. Shot of Apple Cider Vinegar
2. N-Acetyl-L-cysteine 500mg
3. Bromeliad 500mg
4. Quercitine 500mg (check spelling)
5. Selenium 500mg
6. Grape Seed Extract (2 droppers)
7. Saw Palmetto 500mg
8. Cranberry pill 500mg
9. Garlic Pill 500mg
10. Ashwaganda root 500mg
11. Astralaguals root (spelling)
12. Vitamin C 1000mg
13. Vitamin D 500mg
14. Magnesium (but NO zinc as microfilms love it)
15.Tumeric with cucumin extract 500mg

Improved diet: more pineapple, green salads (with vinegar dressing), more pickled foods (sauerkraut, etc.) and protein. Cut out sugars and carbohydrates which bacteria love. Started exercising again. Running really helps. (Beer does NOT help.)

I would say I am 97% where I was before this ordeal started.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:09 pm

UPDATE: MicroGenDX results.

I've just received my MicroGenDX DNA results: positive for Staphylococcus epidermis (SE)

Resistance Genes Detected
Methicillin
Amino glycoside

Resistance Genes Not Detected
Vancomycin
Beta-lactam
Carbapenem
Macrolide
Tetracycline
Quinolone

While I recognize this positive result could be due to contamination, and even treating the SE may not help the last 3 percent of my problems (dripping after urination, small pain at penis tip 1-3 times a day, and a weaker urine stream/delay in starting then before this ordeal began) I am going to ask my uro to treat the SE with Vancomycin. I believe this is the final missing piece.

The good news is, thankfully, I appear to have wiped out the Antibiotic Resistant Mycoplasma Hominis and Ureaplasma urealyticuma as there were no traces of those found in the DNA test. I had been off antibiotics for 30 days when I did the DNA test.

I have an appointment with my Uro this afternoon to discuss results and treatment plan.

Finally, the MicroGenDx people are incredibly friendly and helpful.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:50 am

I'd be surprised if your doc approved vancomycin - you would need daily IV injections of it, you can't take it orally. A quinolone would be a much safer choice.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:32 am

@prostate454 - you were correct.

Doctor didn't want to treat the SE. Suggested it was contamination from petri dish. I googled and showed him an article about SE and prostatitis suggesting that perhaps it is more contamination.

Also, as this SE showed antibiotic resistance to penicillin and amoxicillin but was susceptible to bacterium and vancomycin he agreed to 2 weeks Bactrim orally - Brand name he gave me is: "Septrin: Trimethoprim BP 160mg/Sulphamethoxazole BP 800mg) 2 x a day for 14 days.

Quinolones mess with my tendons - can't do those anymore.

2 tabs into the prescription and perhaps it placebo but feeling better already. I'll take for at least 7-10 days and evaluate after 10 days.

As a side note: my Uro is now seeing 1-3 cases a week now of guys catching the exact same strain of antibiotic resistant mycoplasma and ureaplasma from oral sex. It's only a matter of time before the minocycline stops working on these mycoplasmas as mycoplasmas are very adaptive and no one is really studying them or telling men that oral sex without a condom is a good way to wreck your prostate forever.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:14 pm

UPDATE:

1. So far the Bactrim seems to be working against the Staphylococcus epidermis. Feeling much better after just 3 days. I'd say approaching 98% with dribbling and frequent urination (every 2 hours or so/15 second duration/middle strength flows) being the hold out symptoms. Almost all pain is gone.

2. Had sex with my wife last night after 6 months. Used a condom. No issues at all.

Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:06 am

hi sorry to hear its stil with you.the problem is its in the proststate,that means the prost is made up in a way that make it hard for abx to enter.its a myriad of independent channels,you have to open it up,get a rectal ultrasound and see where the inflammation and infections located,the sizeof the prost too,should be about 15 gms in your case,if its bigger youve a problem.then get another sens test from the doc with a wider range of abx,.after that you need to get the wbc and abx in the mh out,get prostste massage every day f possible by an expert.if it hurts youve an infetction in that part of the prostate that reacts.the massage will open it up and expel the MH letting in new blood and abx.thats the way to go.let e know as i have a good doc i can recoomend thats where i am with it,i had 4 bacteria down to 2 now MH one of them and im sure we have one beat so..........

Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:25 pm

UPDATE:

Finished 10 days of Bactrim. It helped a fair amount and I am glad I took it.

But even then I still have some symptoms (dripping, faint pain, and urinating more often then before) and am continuing to take supplements but all tests indicate all clear. Also, I find sitting for too long (2-3 hour airplane flight for example) really makes my butt hurt as if my nerves there are sensitive around the coccyx.

At this point, I just have to hope time heals all and my prostate normalizes over time. I will keep taking supplements and am going to start running and exercising more and eating better and trying to de-stress as much as possible.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:54 pm

Post SE /mycoplasma
hi ac i heard your news,good you got rid of the mycoplasma.the s e the problem is youve had it 6 mnths it can hide deep in the prostste and also when u stop the neds the symptom may return.i have this problem like you,bnow im doing iv 2 times a day for in vanco plus menpenem.4 days of it.just did day 2,some relief of symptoms but its still there,i have some back pain ,less than before but its still detectable along with nerve probs.it manifests in different people in different ways.i suggest u wait until u r off the treatment and see what happens then,please make another prost masasage and then culture it,your wife will need to see a uro too as pingpong is a possibility and u dont wanna start this nightmare again,be sure its goodbye 100% my friend.the very best of luck.the bactrim report is encouraging.i had a full spec on antibiotics,every single ones named individually as they can be in the same family but some work some dont.its a weird diesease.if u can pb me id appreciate it and give u more details

Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:27 pm

well it's good to read that there other people somewhere out there dealing with the same crap that I am. I think we have all learned the hard way that it's probably just best to stick to one stable partner (mine actually came from a gf at the time but I had the habit of being a carefree single guy who slept around way to much prior to this)....I also suspect we are just the start of a much wider trend that will emerge over the next 10-20 years with these bugs.

I suspect you are all just normal guys, sitting there going "how on earth has this happened to me?", because this what I think every hour for the last 7 months.

The only upside to all of this it seems that this does heal slowly, but we are talking many many months. I think I'm getting better....but at a stupidly slow pace.

One thing I have noticed gives me flair ups is BOOZE. 2-3 days after a big night it will mess everything up. My doctor also said this was the number 1 issue in curing people, is they drink to much and it essentially resets the healing process. I'm going booze free for 3 months I've decided.

Stick in there gents. Funnily enough I was out at a party and a guy asked why I wasn't drinking and I said "it's a bit weird but prostate issues" to which he responded "oh no prostitis? I had that for 18 months man". Point being, a lot more common than we all think.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:08 am

Update: So far so good. The prostatitis is at a 'manageable' state. Only having sex with wife with condoms. Current symptoms:

1) Still bit of 'leakiness' after urinating
2.) Faint pain in tip of penis 1-2x a week for 20/30 minutes (increases when stressed)
3.) My butt hurts (Ischial bones in the pelvic area) when I sit too long on an airplane seat or hard seat/bench - this is a new one in the last 2 weeks
4.) Still takes 5-6 seconds to get a urine flow going
5.) can only hold about 15 seconds worth of urine now
6.) Psychological trauma

Current self-treatment for above symptoms
1.) Blotting tip of penis with toilet paper after peeing
2.) Trying to not get stressed
3.) Trying to exercise more
4.) NA
5.) NA
6.) Praying

My diet is mostly paleo these days. I am having a beer or two a night and I will lay off that and see if that helps.

Peace to all.

Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:29 am

I’m feeling the best I have since this all started thanks to no drinking. Honestly lay off it for a good month (as in not a drop) and see if it makes a difference

Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:14 am

hi ac .good luck,quit the beer bacteria thrive on it.sugar too includes honey,green tea instead of black tea and coffee,it has an anti bacterial effect plus some other benefits.caffeine stirs the bacteria up not good.so sugary things we like to eat are off im afraid.do u know what bacteria you have?thats a good start .get a culture done of prost fluid and semen along with a abx sensitivity test,this is a foundation to work off.you know what u got and what kills it.the prostate will enlarge and harden thats why pissin aint fun.its part of prostatitis unfortunately.if you dont get decent treatment you will deteriorate and the horror starts.you know that,do u have a plan?i have been getting radical treatment and its working,at it a mnth .had a break start again monday.ive 2 bacteria ones probably dead now.i can talk to you about it later if you wish,where r u located,the US?oh dear is all i can say idf thats the case.its a big country and med helps thats effective is real thin on the ground.to test u need to be abx free 10 days min

Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:12 am

ac my apologies. i review a bit and see you have the staph ep still.the screen u had for it in regards to abx is wrong.each individual drug needs to be tested,it works like this quinalones for example some are older some 3rd and 4th generation,the reason they make new ones is that the older ones encounter resistance a lot.same with all the drug families,its a real 3rd rate test,get a decent lab and pay some decent money for it,this test is not up to par im afraid.also if you take the abx without a doctor whos good experience and knowledge of the microbes resistance can occur rendering them useless.sorry to appear negative but this is what happens im afraid,staph ep is a bug thats good at that and you dont wanna thin your armoury down.as i say im moving forward with my treatment,in terms of treatment i start again and now ive almost no back pain,nerve probs very minimal urination is much improved basically the prob being its too often,the bugs are still in there thats for sure but they are fewer in no and onthe back foot.diet is important,im on a real boring food journey but have to cut the things they thrive on sugar alcohol spicy and so on.whats your next move as when u sit down its painful,that an enlarged and inflammed prostate ac.

Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:24 am

Interesting. So I had another urine test run by a lab in the UK. Results reported that I have "Escherichia coli" Anyone heard of this bacteria?

I took 30 days of Cipro already at the start of this ordeal so why is this "Escherichia coli" still around? Before I take another round of ABs, anyone have any experience with this?

Note: I stopped drinking beer for 2 weeks and it did help.

Report: "Your results are back from the laboratory.

Escherichia coli was cultured and this is sensitive to the following antibiotics:

Amoxicilin
Nitrofurantoin
Trimethoprim
Ciprpofloxacin

Nitrofurantoin would be our first line recommendation.

No other abnormalities were detected."

Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:13 pm

Not sure if you are joking or not but that's E. Coli. Anyway, the reason it's coming back positive for that is that it's not all that abnormal to have some E. coli down there. And you can take all the abxs in the world but you'll probably still test positive for some growth from time to time because some E. coli is a fact of life, and it's probably not the cause of your prostatitis.

Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:34 pm

Yes E. coli is a very common infection. You may have solved your problem. However I tested postive for it also but my infection was indicative of another infection. Perhaps report back here after you take the antibiotics and see how you feel and we can try troubleshoot it.

For the record I had E. coli which was a result of having mycroplasma. Infections tend to coinhabit. Of course no doctor bothered to tell me this.....

Take nitrofurtonin and see how you get on

Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:11 am

@prostate454 - wasn't joking! I always thought E-Coli was only a stomach bacteria.

@londonguy - as I had a mycoplasma infection as well (cured with minocycine) can you tell me how you were able to get rid of your E-Coli.

The ordeal continues. Now yet another bacteria to research.

Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:51 pm

The delay in any updates is because I have not been able to find nitrofurtonin. Still looking.

Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:56 am

Finally found the nitrofurtonin in a private hospital pharmacy.

Day 7 and no noticeable improvement. If anything, symptoms (frequent urination, feeling of needing to urinate, 'leakiness', pain at tip of penis and epididymitis) are worse - bearable but frustrating - especially the urination/need to urinate. Yesterday I was peeing every hour.

This is most likely because I stopped taking the Alpha Blocker and all of my supplements (Saw Palmetto, 1000 Vitamin C, Bromeliad, Tumeric,) to see if the Nitrofurtonin made a difference.

Will continue for 7 more days and then stop. After that I will then go back on supplements. I am also going to try the colloidal silver and seraptease route and will order them tonight.

I really don't want to take the alpha blockers anymore. I feel like that doesn't solve my problem and I don't want to take them for the rest of my life. Yes they help but I want to solve the problem and not just hide the symptoms.

Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:21 am

interesting. Started noticing sudden improvement just at day 14...am going to continue with the Nitro for 7 more days (on day 18).

No need to break out champagne as I know many guys have relapses after stopping the ABX

I am fasting 1 hour before and 1 hour after taking Nitro to speed absorption. Have also started taking NAC with it. Limiting alcohol intake and eating more fruit and veg when I can.

Still having pain when sitting on airplane seats more than 2-3 hours but frequency of urination is now 3-4 hours and dripping has been reduced drastically.

A new one is that I notice I am getting some pain in a tendon in my in inner thigh where it goes up to my pelvis (maybe Sciatic nerve?) but being an ex-athlete it feels like tendonitis of some kind and perhaps the cipro/levo/moxi I took has caught up with me.

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:38 am

Day 24 and I would say other than the pain in my upper, rear thigh muscle (no idea what is but after I walk 20 minutes I feel it - again, perhaps delayed tendonitis from the floxacins I took 6/7 months ago) ...anyways, I feel about 99.1% normal again. A few random tweaks in the epididymitis area, but those could be phantom.

I'll take one more day of the Nitrofurantoin and then we see what happens. I have NOT taken any alpha blockers for past 24 days. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts no matter what. If I go 3 weeks with no return of symptoms I'll say I'm clear.

What's interesting is that London Guy and Dan made me think about the potential for additional cross infections that come onboard with mycoplasma hominis/ureaplasma urealyctim infections and this moved me to get a "Urine Chemistry" test from the UK which MicroGen did not pick up. PM me if you want the link. So it seems it's a 1-2-3-maybe a 4th punch to beat down the individual bacterias.

Wish me luck for next 3 weeks.

Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2