Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Enterococcus Faecalis or Mycoplasma Hominis / Ureaplasma 

Post Enterococcus Faecalis or Mycoplasma Hominis / Ureaplasma
Hello,
I had some discomfort in the head of my penis and I decided to make an urethral examination (swab).
The first lab said it was trichomonas vaginalis. Took ornidazole.

Then I made another swab culture to another (maybe better lab). It came positive for
E Faecalis
and
Mycoplasma Hominis / Ureaplasma Urealitycum

I took 9 days of cipro/ornidazole combo 500mg each
And 7 days of azithromycin for mycoplasma/ureaplasma..

I repeated the culture and it came back positive for both.
I now have symptoms of prostatitis.
Semen feels blocked and I cant get out enough sperm
I see some yellowish gelly like lumps in my semen too.
pain in the right testicle and a feeling like its too warm down there.
also the same sensation in scrotum.

Has anyone been able to get rid of enterococcus faecalis or mycoplasma?
I dont want to start another course of cipro, as I'm affraid about the side effects I have read.

Tue May 29, 2018 1:01 pm

Post Re: Enterococcus Faecalis or Mycoplasma Hominis / Ureaplasma
hi cipro is a quinalone and an old one at that,its outmoded and rarely works or is prescribed anymore.do u have a good urologist as that appears to be a way forward.i suggest you find someone that can help u.a doc that can take a prostatic smear and a culture of it to tell u what your prostate contains then move forward with that info.a urine analisis after the masage is useful too but a good doc will do all 3 at the same time if they have an understanding of proststitis i suggest u go to that point asap

Tue May 29, 2018 8:37 pm

Thank you for suggestions.

Wed May 30, 2018 6:59 am

it appears u may have 3 pathogens,where r u?in states?theres good doc in ventura another in florida,im not an american im sure locals on the forum can help more in that respect.if u wish to go overseas theres the docs in manila i know one there is very competent.another in greece whos top reputation ,please ask if u wish

Wed May 30, 2018 9:16 am

you need to get your prostate fluid cultured and find out what antibiotics your bacteria are sensitive too.

you want to do this as fast as possible to get the bugs while they are still floating in your system.

there is an antibiotic resistant mycoplasma hominis out there - i know because I have it.

go now before it takes hold in your prostate.

Wed May 30, 2018 3:55 pm

I think that many of us are here because we tested that, we took antibiotic which "in vitro" seem to work but they didn't work on our bodies, inside our prostate. That's the big problem here, how to clean that infection, not to identify it. Enterococcus faecalis is a pathogen that has been identified on a lot of us here, but we still haven't been able to eliminate it.

I have done like 10 cultures with antibiograms and tested a lot of "sensitive" antibiotics, nothing worked.

Wed May 30, 2018 4:32 pm

hi AC the mycoplasma hominis thats resistant,how long have u had it?what effects has it had.i have heard different things about it.it can be eradicated the fact is as u mention in vitro its resistant but in the body some abx can kill it even though its supposed to be resistant ,if youve had a lot of recent abx use that what tends to come up on the chart,its works both ways round,combo therapy too is a go,along with massage helps a lot,where are you getting treatment,im based in asia,hongkong.i hear several places in manila are well thought of,also a doc in greece has a formidable reputation.i think the top guys have some good methods to deal with it if that info helps.regards jonjon

Wed May 30, 2018 8:39 pm

jonjon wrote:
hi AC the mycoplasma hominis thats resistant,how long have u had it?what effects has it had.i have heard different things about it.it can be eradicated the fact is as u mention in vitro its resistant but in the body some abx can kill it even though its supposed to be resistant ,if youve had a lot of recent abx use that what tends to come up on the chart,its works both ways round,combo therapy too is a go,along with massage helps a lot,where are you getting treatment,im based in asia,hongkong.i hear several places in manila are well thought of,also a doc in greece has a formidable reputation.i think the top guys have some good methods to deal with it if that info helps.regards jonjon

So far it seems I've beaten the MH/UU - just some minor prostatitis symptoms at this point: little pain now and then, flow is not so strong, can't hold my pee as long. But cultures have been negative. Going natural now: ginseng, quercitin, bromelian, saw palmetto, cranberry pills, garlic, NAC, turmeric-C, and a few others.

But there is a strain of antibiotic resistant MH/UU that has developed. I expect it will spread like wildfire in the age of Tinder. This is unfortunate because society is not properly preparing boys and men about it.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:56 pm

Enterococcus faecalis is pretty common among the users of this forum (me included), but we don't know how to clean the infection. Antibiotics don't work.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:54 pm

hi ac im glad that you have cleared the UU and MH bugs you had after some time.what did it and what failed?where are you located ?in USA? as you state there s a resistant tinder aided strain out there,id appreciate and most grateful for more info about that if you can tell me.i have the MH and i too want to clear it out asap.did you have massage to help u clear?im thinking to embark onthis route as it seems to make the most sense,i have seen in hongkong and also bangkok the docs really have limited knowledge and periphery.they diagnose well but treatments not effective.entry into the prostate is key and the nature of this organ is the problem.strong effective massage can break down biofilms and also expel the nasties,increase sexual vigour decrease the size of the prostate too if done correctly.seems to have serious possibilities.semen and EPS test and culture would be a way to discover whats going on in your prostate too if youve already been told youve cleared.semen test im told is the more effective.it may explain the fact that youve still got some symptoms.this hopefully can lead to a return to total normality which is what we are all lookingfor.i think this is a good forum to help each other and widen our knowldge i very musch appreciate your experience and knowldge,many thanks

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:28 am

hi ac i dont know if my last post went thru maybe a tek issue,i have the MH too .i saw you have got rid of it ,you mention a tinder inspired resistant strain.are you in US?can u give me more info on that and what you tried to get rid of the UU/MH you had and what failed,im in hongkong,i have had this about 2 mnths but resistance is my main concern.i have found here in Hk and bkk that the docs diagnose well,but the next phase is empirical anbx treatment.i am looking towards prostate massage as a way forward if done correctly it can expel nasties,reduce prostate size,break down biofilms and open up the organ to receive the drugs.you say you have some continuing irritations,a semen culture is the best way better than EPS culture to get to the bottom of this please try this as it may answer some of your questions.i appreciate your input experience and knowledge,we all need to help each other as much as possible,im thinking greece or manila in regards to massage.my symptoms are back ache and some nerve reactions.i have diet restrictions in place ,no spicy food,alcohol and processed foods too,white bread whire rice some cheeses and fats etc as this aggrevates our problems but i dont want to be doing this forever.many thanks

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:43 am

There must be urologist in Hong Kong who does prostate fluid expression via massage and cultures the fluid.

You should google top 10 Uros in HK, call them and interview them to see which one will do this

You should also look into the MicroGenDX screen for a screen as well.

I am not able to comment on the Manilla or Greece clinics have I have not worked with them.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:42 am

hi there,yep ive been thru the book with the uros in hk,forget it,same old stuff,best to jump on the plane and go to manila,its cheaper too hk is so expensive,im now in greece,this doc is radical treatment in regards to the rest of the massage docs.greece is cheap so that cuts down on exs.im not sure if i can say too much as it may be construed as marketing but its early days here,day 3.he certainly has a decent setup.thats where im headed with it,i already had culture of EPS and i have the 2 nasties.i was told that in manila.here is semen culture too this is far more thorough.

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:54 am

hi ac i have had some progress. i want to know what you used to kill the MH? please get back to me asap,
what symptoms did u have? i have had a serious and hard time with my problems up till now,very serious.but i think

ive turned a corner on one of the worst bugs.the faecalis is a problem, what about your sensitivity tests from the culture,what did u culture? semen and /or prostatic fluid? the sens test should show the way, IV or IM seems to be the most effective delivery method, stand clear of alcohol,spicy food and sugar,the bugs thrive on it

Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:28 am

Another sufferer with Enterococcus Faecalis, it is extremely difficult to shift. Standard oral antibiotics which most have had on here do not seem to kill it off. I have suffered side effects from these oral antibiotics as most have on here where urologist culture, stuff you with them for 12 weeks, infection still there, then they rinse and repeat with a different antibiotic.

What it needs is someone who really understand Enterococcus Faecalis and to blast it in one hit with IV or multiple drugs than slowly deteriorating out health drip feeding us pointless antibiotics.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:28 am

cervo,i dont haveEF but i suggest that u use a pro biotic when using abx,or a fter use diflucan to kill fungus if u have it,IV or IM yes,its stronger,prostate massage helps to open the prostate reduce the size as well.the wbc goes in the abx too.u r in UK try the greek ,hes light yrs ahead of the rest

Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:35 am

@ Jon Jon - I used minocycline to kill my MH. 45 days at 100mg 2x a day (every 12 hours).

Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:58 am

thanks ac,ill throw that at the doc.its a drug im not familiar with.ill get a sens test done on that one.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:04 am

@Jon Jon - minocycline should be taken with no food with fasting to occur 1 hour before and 1 hour after. This is to allow maximum absorption. If you eat while taking it, you reduce it's effectiveness.

Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]