Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 My story, chronic prostatitis associated with weak orgasms 

Post Re: My story, chronic prostatitis associated with weak orgas
I'm going to a pelvic floor PT the next Tuesday. It's quite expensive to me but I want to know if there are actually some muscle/nerve problems in that zone.

I can't live with this problem. It's really ruinning my sexual functions and making me totally depressed. That's why I have not been checking the forum for a long time.

I'll update the thread after the PT diagnosis.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:18 pm

Chavalote wrote:
I'm going to a pelvic floor PT the next Tuesday. It's quite expensive to me but I want to know if there are actually some muscle/nerve problems in that zone.

I can't live with this problem. It's really ruinning my sexual functions and making me totally depressed. That's why I have not been checking the forum for a long time.

I'll update the thread after the PT diagnosis.

Glad to hear from you, and great that you're going to try PT. Look forward to hearing how it goes.
I hope Sakis's comments were encouraging for you.

Past Treatments: 6x Heparin bladder Injection. Elmiron (2x daily), Meriva Curcumin (500mg 2x daily), Physio (good!), Vistaril, Uro Prostate Massage (helpful!), Flower Pollen, Antibiotics (for about a month),

Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:21 pm

@chavalote, I been reading your post for a while now and I feel like I have very similar symptoms as you do.

It's been a mystery to me for the past three years on why I developed close to full sexual dysfunction and some urinary symptoms all so suddenly. I have gone to so many urologists and endocrinologist but no real answers.

In the last 6 months though I feel like I might be closer to an answer. In the last year I started feeling a dull pain in my left sacrum on and off, I ignored it first but now I find a correlation between the dull pain and sexual function getting worse. Went to a orthopedic surgeon to see what can be wrong, the MRI shows a mild L5-S1 disc bulge which is pressing on the L5 nerve root.

I'm now semi convinced that the sexual dysfunction is from the nerve compression and also found this paper : http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... MC4279276/

Nerve compression can be there without direct pain but with other symptoms. I'm starting PT this week for the disc bulge issues hopefully this leads to some improvement. Fingers crossed!

Have you done an MRI so far? A spine lumbar-sacral spine MRI might shed some light on your condition.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:22 pm

Rover, I did an MRI and all was normal. Something with the L5, if I don't remember bad, but the PT said that it's ok, inside the normal. Also, I can't think that an injury is causing this because the symptoms fluctuates a lot. Sometimes I can experience almost normal orgasms. That doesn't match with an injuried back, I guess.

Yesterday, I went to the pelvic floor PT. She was exploring inside the rectum like the urologists but taking more time to check the muscles. The mysterious thing is that I was expecting the prostate zone to hurt more when touched, but what it hurted more (and a pain similar to what I feel during the urination, ejaculation and erection) was the back zone. I mean, the zone nearer to the back more than the prostate or bladder. Especially the left side. I don't know what is going on there but when she touched there and she asked if it hurts I said so and that is the problematic point. She was touching there and finally she said that there is some muscle tension.

The weird thing is that I still don't know the cause and she said that there are worse cases, people who can't sit due to the pain, etc... and in her words "3 of muscle tension on a 10 scale". I don't know if that's what is causing my low libido and weak orgasms but that is the zone that hurts during the ejaculation and maybe the muscles are tired and sore due to the constant tension and they can't work properly during the orgasm contractions, or they are pushing the prostate blocking a proper ejaculation.

I don't have much money but I'll go to some sessions to check if I get better. At least, now I have something to research. I would like to go 5 times a month but I only can go 2 times, for now.

It's very informative that I felt the same pain in the same zone when she was touching there, but stronger.

But when she touched the prostate I asked her to push stronger because it didn't hurt. That's what I'm susprised, because I thought that it was the zone that would hurt more. She said that she doesn't think I have an active infection in the prostate. Maybe those muscles in the back and sides of the rectum are the culprit of my weak orgasms? But why are them always so sore and tense? I mean, what is the final cause of this?

Maybe this is not an infection after all. Maybe that can explain why I have never experienced any improvement while taking antibiotics.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:50 pm

That is really interesting, because the third urologist I saw came to the same conclusion that the pain is not from the prostate. When I could feel the pain he wasn't even pressing on the prostate he says the pain is from touching the pelvic floor muscles(left side). The same side the nerve compression is.

He was the only urologist who took the time to examine properly, I discontinued all prostate related supplements etc after that.

My theory is the nerve compression is leading to a lot of muscle spasm in the pelvic area leading to symptoms we are seeing. My symptoms are also on and off, it gets almost normal sometimes but it always comes back. The nerve compression is not a constant, the inflammation of the nerve can get better if certain body movements are avoided.

Keep me posted on your progress, I will do the same. I think we are close to figuring this out!

Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:20 pm

Chavalote wrote:
Maybe this is not an infection after all. Maybe that can explain why I have never experienced any improvement while taking antibiotics.

That is the concept I've been trying to suggest to you for a while now. YAY, you got a PT evaluation :) It really puts everything in perspective when you feel that pain from a therapist, doesn't it? Like, woah, there's that pain I feel all the time! It makes it seem more tangible.

Chavalote wrote:
But why are them always so sore and tense? I mean, what is the final cause of this?

There doesn't have to be an active cause. Muscles get tight and they get used to being tight, and have to be stretched to go back to normal. She will probably give you exercises to do at home for this.

About the libido, yes mine didn't return either, but the pain did go way down after PT. My thoughts on this is you have to fix things by first resolving the Muscle Tension, then figuring out how to fix the leftover inflammation in your body ( wherever it is, bladder, prostate, gut, etc), then after some time (I don't know, weeks or months) and with retraining (thinking sexual thoughts naturally), I think only then libido goes back to normal. Even if you solve all the problems you have, I still think (and was told by some doctor) that your body will take a while to realize the problem is gone and start increasing your libido, again.

But you have begun the process, so I feel as though you are on the right track!

Past Treatments: 6x Heparin bladder Injection. Elmiron (2x daily), Meriva Curcumin (500mg 2x daily), Physio (good!), Vistaril, Uro Prostate Massage (helpful!), Flower Pollen, Antibiotics (for about a month),

Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:17 pm

I read the first page. My thought was "nerve entrapment." Keep going with the physical therapy... and switch therapists if you aren't getting results. Focus on that! (my opinion)

Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:44 pm

The PT said that there is no nerve entrapment. She only said that there is a mild muscle tension. I still suspect that there must be an infection or any other cause of inflammation.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:53 pm

From what I read and understand, the activity of bacteria is what produces the chemicals and things that bring about symptoms...not simply the bacteria being present. I don't think you have only minor muscle tension. There is a lack of or too much of, or something is abnormal, with regard to your back and pelvic area. Chemical and nerve signals don't only travel between the brain and body. They are also transmitted among tissues, organs, and blood vessels.

If a nerve is compressed by even a fraction, it could result in dramatic changes in nerve signaling and subsequent dysfunctions. However, I think the nerve compression, even a slight amount, must be at least semi-continuous for some time or occur in acutely intense episodes to cause those changes that result in dysfunction. Leaning on my arm long enough can cause it to fall asleep, and when feeling starts coming back, there's numbness and a 'pins-and-needles' sensation. Nerves in the pelvis could be compressed by a shift in tissues/organs and/or the nerves themselves, resulting in compression and thereby bad signals. Pain, tingling, numbness, and loss.of libido follow.

It may also be that you're so disgusted with the condition you're in that your libido goes down to protect you from further problems and revulsion at your situation. We're not just bodies with brains that act and function completely on their own like a robot. I think sakis is correct that much of your stress and depression is at least partly from being locked in the vicious cycle you've been in for so long. And that you need activity, mildly physical, outside or in a different building, to recover some capacity to cope and rid yourself of some mind drain.

Forget about shoving yourself in the dark corner where it eats at you so often. And you might need to give yourself a break from the confusion by doing something easy and enjoyable every day or two. If I said anything that isn't helpful, I'm sorry. May you feel well soon.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:35 pm

To OP: I noticed you said you had weak orgasms and clear watery ejaculate. Could it be that your prostate is not secreting prostate fluid during ejaculation? This might be why your orgasms are not strong. The prostate has little pockets called acini, this is where prostate fluid gets secreted during orgasm, I believe. Healthy prostate fluid looks almost like a white substance. Chronic bacterial prostatitis can cause the acini to become clogged as the pathogens enter the acini. If the acini is clogged, then it makes sense that your prostate won't secret a substance that looks white, but rather a more watery substance, since the Cowper's gland is responsible for secreting a watery substance during ejaculation as well and adding that substance to semen. The only remedy that I can think of to unclog the acini is by receiving a prostate massage. That's why during a prostate massage, the prostate fluid that gets discharged looks more white rather than watery, I think it's because the bacteria is getting forced out of the acini and as a result it gets unclogged temporarily. I'm not a doctor or anything but I read this on the prostatitis.org site and a lot of it makes sense.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:03 am

That's exactly what I think maybe the problem. When I ejaculate, it feels like plugged, specially the left side. These days, rather than watery semen I'm having lumps, but that also suggest plugged stuff. In fact, when I suffer more pressure in that zone and feel weaker orgasms and more discomfort those lumps come out more solid.

The problem is that I haven't found any doctor here who performs prostate massages. I have the intuition that it would work fine for me. My prostate really feels like congested.

My semen never is normal. It comes or watery or in lumps.

I'm going this month to the pelvic floor PT 1 time weekly but it's different, it's not a prostate massage.

Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:54 pm

I know there is a company called aneros that sells prostate massagers, they started in the medical field and then became a sex toy company. You could always give it a try. I was thinking of doing the same of my new doctor doesn't do it.

Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:29 pm

Chavalote, there are several prostate ducts that open into the urethra and they are all very narrow - too narrow for lumps to pass through. Lumps in semen will only pass via the 2 much wider ejaculatory ducts, i.e. lumps will originate from the ejaculatory ducts, from the seminal vesicles (most likely) or from the testicles/epididymis/vas deferens.

See images:
http://slideplayer.com/slide/8898470/26 ... mpulla.jpg
http://images.slideplayer.com/32/988546 ... ide_21.jpg

Admin Note: Normally I use the redirect that tells you you are leaving this site and going to another. Sometimes the redirect upsets the URL to graphics, so here goes. Clicking on the links above takes you to a graphic 'off site.' I've looked at them and have no no problems. You may wonder why I say that, but I occasionally get links posted that are not safe and I eliminate the link and usually the user. In my opinion, these are safe graphics.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:28 pm

Sirez wrote:
I know there is a company called aneros that sells prostate massagers, they started in the medical field and then became a sex toy company. You could always give it a try. I was thinking of doing the same of my new doctor doesn't do it.

I have one. I got it before my libido issues started, hoping that it would fix the (at the time) just occasional pain when urinating and ejaculating. Back then, it felt incredible and made for the most intense orgasm I've ever had. Now, after having CPPS affect my libido and sort of "numb down" my sexual sensations, it doesn't feel as good, but OK and still makes more intense orgasms.

However, this is no where near the same as having a prostate massage from a doctor. Aneros is more of a gentle caressing, and applies a slight pressure driven by your anal muscles. The doctor's finger is actually squeezing the prostate and pushing fluids around. It was far more intense pressure, and I would say uncomfortable (not pleasurable), but it did seem to reduce my inflammation and pain significantly from that point forward. I don't think Aneros will come close to having the same affect.

My advice: get an Aneros and try it out (for pleasure at least, maybe even therapeutic benefit) until you find a doctor who will perform a prostate massage on you.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:40 pm

Fantom, an orgasm just pressing the prostate? Without touching the penis?

Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:28 pm

Chavalote wrote:
Fantom, an orgasm just pressing the prostate? Without touching the penis?

No. I think that is possible, but I didn't have that happen. Both touching and using the Aneros is what I meant.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:26 am

Aneros is pretty useless for prostate massage. I didn't even get orgasm using it, though I admit I wasn't really trying for that - and frankly, at least in my case with prostate inflammation, I think it would really flare up the prostate bad (extended orgasm session with rough play).

If you want to massage your prostate, either find a uro like mentioned, do it yourself with a gloved finger, or instead get a therawand. You can get a lot more leverage with the therawand and also stretch the pelvic floor muscles with it. Much better than the aneros in my experience.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:28 pm

In my opinion, an Aneros is not good for prostate massage or prostate milking. An aneros relies on the contractions of your PC muscles to massage your prostate. I don't think this is enough force to cause any fluid to come out. I've tried one before and it didn't cause any fluid discharge from what I remember. If your goal is to massage the prostate in order to push clogged prostatic fluid out, like a traditional prostate massage you receive from the urologist, then I think a better option would be the Njoy Pure Wand, if you're open to it. It's advertised as a sex toy but from what I've read, it is good for prostate massage that results in pushing the trapped fluid out. It's basically an 7-8 inch rod that is made out of steel and is curved in a way that allows you to massage the prostate similar to a finger. And because of it's curved design, you could turn it in a way that would allow you to focus more on the left side or the right side of the prostate during a massage. It's just like a finger except it's longer and a covers a little bit more area, and you could do it yourself. Be careful not to get it on Amazon though because I heard there are counterfeits. If you are interested in buying, it's probably better to get it from the official website. If you do try it, it's always good to be careful and apply the same amount of force like how a Urologist would because you do run the risk of hurting yourself if you're too rough, since this tool is nothing like the Aneros (which relies on the PC muscles to apply force.)

Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:40 am

Hello,
I did not read 16 pages, I confess. So this may have been covered. But I just wanted to make sure you are familiar with "Post Finasteride Syndrome" (PFS). Especially if your symptoms began, or strongly increased, after you used the hair loss drug?

This is based on you mentioning: "Maybe that alpha-5 reductase inhibitor messed with my prostate gland."

(Though the very fact that you mention this makes me think you are already aware of PFS. You symptoms definitely match up with it, and not everyone used that exact drug that suffers. Some people even believe Saw Palmetto can do it!)

Sorry for the intrusion here, especially if somewhere in that 16 pages it has been explored (which is likely).

Good luck!

Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:16 pm

I haven't taken finasteride never. My symptoms was there before I took that drug I mentioned, it may had influenced but I think the main problem is the prostatitis, like eadk said in the other video. That makes sense. Maybe I get used to feel poor orgasms and that is why my libido goes down. Maybe it's all simpler. But until I cure the prostatitis I won't know.

I understand that reading the full thread is hard. Feel free to participate in it and ask or suggest what you want. Any comment is helpful.

Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:53 pm

I have been going to the pelvic floor PT one time per week 4 times and I haven't experienced any significant improvement. I'm starting to think again in the stubborn chronic infection theory. The last time I went (yesterday) I felt less pain in the muscles and she said that it's all less tense but the zone where I always feel a burning sensation still feels irritated when directly pushed; the sensation goes till the penis tip through the urethra. That suggest to me some kind of infection in the prostate but I'm not sure. What I'm more sure is that if this all were caused only by muscle tension I would already have experienced improvement because the muscles surely are less tense.

Still quite lost.

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:22 pm

Chavalote wrote:
I have been going to the pelvic floor PT one time per week 4 times and I haven't experienced any significant improvement. I'm starting to think again in the stubborn chronic infection theory. The last time I went (yesterday) I felt less pain in the muscles and she said that it's all less tense but the zone where I always feel a burning sensation still feels irritated when directly pushed; the sensation goes till the penis tip through the urethra. That suggest to me some kind of infection in the prostate but I'm not sure. What I'm more sure is that if this all were caused only by muscle tension I would already have experienced improvement because the muscles surely are less tense.

Still quite lost.

That's great that you've improved the muscle tension. Actually, no, chronic conditions do not just go away, immediately. Now that the muscles are relaxed, it can take time for the nerves and everything to return to normal. I'm not saying it'll definitely fix you, but it might improve a bit more with time than what you feel, today.

Btw, did you ever try the anti-fungal medicine, or have any tests done to check for Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth? I am currently pursuing tests for both of those to see if I have any weird stuff in my gut that could be causing mine.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:51 am

I tested both an antifungal drug (I think it was fluconazole if I don't remember bad) and antibiotics for SIBO. That was more than a year ago. I also tried antiparasites drugs. I have tested a lot of things in desperation with the help of my general doctor, who agreed to prescribe them to me because those are not too dangerous drugs if taked for short periods.

I have read that the enterococcus faecalis can be very resistant and stubborn and I'm suspecting that I have some kind of biofilm that has been there for years, very difficult to remove. I don't want to think so, because that is difficult to treat, but looks like logical to me.

I do have the muscles tense, but how can I know that this is a consequence of an infection and not the last cause of all my symptoms? I'm frustrated with this, indeed. Doctors act like I'm crazy when I talk about what I think but they don't give a better explanation. The pelvic floor PT said that it's muscular and she doesn't think I have an infection. When I talk about that she seems to think that I'm "overthinking" about it but to me it's hard to think that a simple muscle tension problem could do this to me for so long. I mean, low libido (really low sometimes), difficulty with erections, weak orgasms, burning when ejaculating or urinating... If they think that I'm out of my mind or some kind of paranoid reading "weird stuff on the internet" then they should come with a better explanation. Because if they were doing their work correctly I wouldn't have the need to search by myself and think theories. I mean, they act like if they are the ones who know and in fact they don't know why am I feeling all of these symptoms for so long (more than 5 years).

I'm thinking that I'll never be able to recover because no one is looking into this seriously. And I don't have the tools to do it for myself.

I had the hope that if it's some kind of infection enclosed there the PT could help to make the blood enter there and clean it up, but I'm losing that hope.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:44 am

I think you're right, whatever bacteria that is in your prostate probably developed biofilms which is why you had these symptoms for a long time. Your symptoms could probably be caused by both muscular and prostate infection. I think improving the pelvic floor muscles should help your symptoms a bit, but the main thing is to get rid of the infection in your prostate. After I received a prostate massage to get rid of the infected fluid and then took phages, my symptoms improve dramatically. My orgasms were noticeably stronger and my libido was almost back to 100%. The only thing was that my bacteria wasn't sensitive to the phages that I was given since the place that I went to get phage therapy scammed me. They gave me the wrong phages. If I had received the correct phages that works against my bacteria, I'm confident I would of been cured or close to being cured. But the prostate massage seem to make the phages a little more effective even though my bacteria wasn't sensitive against the phages that I was given. I could be wrong but I think prostate massage helps to break up bacterial biofilms which made the phages slightly more effective even though I was given the wrong phages. I can only imagine if I was given the correct phages for my bacteria and combined it with prostate massage therapy, I think that would cure me eventually if I continued with those treatment.

I know you said that you can't afford any of that right now, but what if you use antibiotics that your bacteria responds to and combine that with prostate massage therapy?

We'll see if your physiotherapist is right about it not being an infection. After you're done with the PT you should give it some time and see if your symptoms improve a lot, a little, or don't improve at all and you'll know right away if she's right or wrong. Have you found a urologist that would do a prostate fluid culture? I really think you should try your best and find one and get it done so you know which bacteria you have and see if you could have the lab do a sensitivity testing to see which antibiotics work against that bacteria.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:25 pm

The problem is that I have been in almost all the urologists in my city. I'll be hard to found one I haven't gone yet, and more difficult that he actually performs the prostate massages.

And I have anxiety with doctors because all this time of bad experiences. I'm thinking about trying some herbs before and then go to see another urologist. It's a difficult situation, indeed. I have tested almost all things and still not results. Some guys here, in this forum, say that they get relief during the antibiotics treatment, I have never experienced that. When I tell the doctors that during the treatment with antibiotics (which are shown in the antibiogram as effective with the bacterias found) my symptoms get worse they don't believe me. It's difficult to trust them before all that bad experiences.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next