Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Frequent urination and inflamed penis glans... 

Post Frequent urination and inflamed penis glans...
June 19th I had an encounter with a CSW in London. We had protected sex for about 5-10 min, then the condom was removed and she gave me a handjob to completion. There may have been vaginal secretions on her hand. I have not had to wear a condom in 16 years (married), nor do I ever use lube. Within 2 days of the exposure my penis glans became red and irritated, but there wasn't really any pain or itching. It started to get better, but I still had some irritation on the glans at day 10 so I saw my family doctor. She tested me for gonorrhea and chlamydia and put me on 10 days of Cipro. The result was negative. The initial irritation went away, but I was left with glans that now have more wrinkles and also when erect it looks like small bumps or irritated glans. When not erect the head is slightly red on the upper half, when erect it is really red and is definitely not the same anymore. Along with this redness of the glans I have a frequent urination problem. I went to a urologist and my urine has no infection in it, but he did say my prostate was not enlarged, but felt strange so he gave me 30 days of Doxy. I am nearly 3 months past exposure now, and I am 5 days off of the Doxy. I still have red penis glans and I still have a frequent urination issue. Some days the urination issue is mild, but I certainly can no longer drink coffee and have to be careful with alcohol. My bladder also feels a bit sore when I feel the urge to urinate. So far, this one mistake has ruined my life for the past 3 months. What am I going through, is this what others are going through? What others describe is a lot of pain. I do have lower back pain, but aside from the penis head irritation the worst part is having to pee 10 to 15 times a day and every 30 min depending on what I drink.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:08 am

Post Re: Frequent urination and inflamed penis glans...
Sorry to hear....very odd that you had protected sex and handjob and it is causing this?
I started with the urinating all the time and burning on penis....that has gone away fairly early on and now i just have the red penis and swollen urethra, especially after ejaculating. Its been a year and i have tried numerous drugs...nothing helped.
I have no pain and very little discomfort...but its very troubling.
I did test positive in beginning for mycoplasma and candida...but negative since. Numerous tests show nothing.
I dont know what to say except, you are not the only one.
Maybe try hsv test? If its hpv, there is no cure and it will probably go away on its own within 1-2 years. Keep us posted

Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:41 pm

It's amazing how many times this story repeats...extramarital handjob, BJ, sex, etc...mysterious prostatitis develops with no obvious cause. Rarely ever does somebody come in here and say "wow I met this great new girl and we hit it off...had awesome sex and we are in love but I got prostatitis".

Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:48 pm

Prostate454, this is where the mental part comes in..the guilt, anxiety and sorrow you feel from our wrong actions....this is important to factor to weigh in and i think plays a major part...i know my guilt and anxiety took it to another level...i lost weight, blood pressure was way up, super stress and was super paranoid...i know I put my mind and body thru some incredible sh@t....

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:56 pm

prostate454 wrote:
It's amazing how many times this story repeats...extramarital handjob, BJ, sex, etc...mysterious prostatitis develops with no obvious cause. Rarely ever does somebody come in here and say "wow I met this great new girl and we hit it off...had awesome sex and we are in love but I got prostatitis".

LOL - I mean, funny, but not funny. Right? Uggh! That's what kind of makes me think this is primarily a stress/anxiety induced condition to be honest. I am not on any meds for stress or anxiety, but I do tend to get anxious more than the average person, so an event like this took a lot out of me. It took a month just to sleep good again after the mistake I made, but damn, it shouldn't be a life sentence, should it?

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:18 pm

Does this redness on the meatus of the penis and frequent urination sound like prostatitis? I mean, I really don't have any of the other symptoms. Early on I had a bit of burning while urinating and slight discomfort during ejaculation, but not as bad as many have it here in the forum, only the redness and the frequent urination now, which again is much worse depending on what I drink, especially coffee. I can't have it at all anymore it seems.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:20 pm

sdamos, this is so amazing. You surely are like me, over thinking the whole thing!!!
You don't have an STD or any bacteria from a hand job!!! I got exactly the same symptoms as you after 3 weeks worrying about my mistake. Then after another couple of weeks I managed to keep worrying so my pelvic floor started hurting and burning. I guess after that my muscles got inflamed or maybe just feels that way because of clenching (not enough oxygen?) Now, before this gets any worse for you. Don't do what I've done. Stop punishing yourself. It was a mistake, but you are a man and not a mouse. Stuff happens.
Work with the mind/body approach (TMS)

I know it's hard to believe. How can that frequent peeing be anything else than an STD (when you google on it it's definitely an STD, right?)? I wish someone would have told me this 2 years ago: YES, your body/mind can create exactly the same symptoms! I've read about women (and men) with the same symptoms that clearly don't have had STDs or bacterial problem and after 3-4 months of stretching and TP managing to get cured. But even if you truly believe that there is nothing wrong with you, it takes time to get rid of (I haven't been strong enough and I get anxious after a couple of weeks/days so I've had this for 2,5 years!)
I got this link from another sufferer here. I think it's a good start:
http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... nrecovery/

Some men get cured by themselves after a couple of years, a long long time after abx. I guess they just stopped worrying about it!?
And as prostate454 say, and I wonder: it's amazing that not everybody get "prostatitis" counting all BJs happening in the world every day!?

Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:59 am

My urologist said the red meatus is "classic prostatitis symptom" and the frequent urination as well....so, those are very common issues. I dont have any pain in prostate but they keep saying penis issue is due to prostate.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:18 am

So you have the issue with it being red too? I have seen others on the forum with the same issue. Has anyone had it go away and life return to normal? Also, is there a difference between inflamed and enlarged? I think my stress, anxiety and guilt caused the issue in the first place, but it's also hard to deny that initial sensitivity and extreme redness on the penis glans (ballanitis) that I experienced early on. It all seems to be tied to me frantically checking my penis since I was absolutely sure that my extremely low risk experience gave me every STD/STI known to man.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:51 am

Perfect example I experienced about the mental aspect of it. I was about 4 months in, stress, guilt and anxiety at its highest....searching for answers. I just happen to look at my penis head and immediately freaked the hell out...you couldn't tell me those tiny bumps wasn't a STD...jumped on online and went into full blown panic....went to see 3 different doctors, tested each time(negative as usual) and was told that it was a natural variation of ur penis head...i simply didn't believe it and I needed a answer..i was scared...i didn't let my wife look at my penis afraid that she will notice something and even worse didn't wanna give my kids anything by unconsciously touching my penis and then touching them without washing my hands...this 24 hr/day panic went on for 2 months...just imagine what I was putting my body thru...so one day, I decided to clean out some storage to take my mind off my problems...i find a very old laptop, buy an adaptor to charge it and I find a folder on it...its pics of me and my ex having fun...there is a pic of my penis and I zoom in...man, my penis looked the same it did 20 yrs ago as it did today...i couldn't believe it....the negative energy I put my mind and body tgru

Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:42 am

I don't think it has anything to do with guilt personally, why wouldn't you develop this if you felt guilty or stressed about something else? It only happens after sex, surely there are other events in life that are stressful, that do not develop Prostatitis from.

I think the reason it doesn't happen after you fall in love and most stories are from cheating or one night stands are because generally those happen with "sluttier" people. The first time I developed this was from someone who I knew slept around, when it got worse, second time was from someone who I also knew slept around.

My gut told me both times not to but I didn't listen and did anyway. Generally if you meet someone you fall in love with it is not a sluttier person or a prostitute/someone at a rub and tug lol.

Unfortunately I still think it's bacterial, even if it is difficult to culture and get under control. There is just no other logical explanation when all factors are considered.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:24 pm

Personally, I do think originally it was bacteria but nothing the body couldn't heal on its on..It seem that TIME is the only healing process. The problem with the healing process is the mental part of it is what compromise the healing. Not to mention taking all types of strong ass medications can mess you up also....All of the emotions we deal with does effect our body and immune system process. Stress, anxiety and guilt at its HIGHEST levels.....We all have been mostly tested for everything in the book....Think about it, I can give 4 things that would take any man to the dark places mentally.. 1) Stepping out of the marriage/relationship itself 2) the thought of getting a STD from the experience 3) The thought of getting a STD and passing it to your wife/girlfriend and 4) Losing your family to something that was probably not even worth it....Now, to have all those things on your mind and cant find a solution will drive you crazy...... In my early 20's, I got a STD unfortunately and I knew it, felt it, tested positive for it immediately..Meds knocked that out real quick...We were taught as young boys that if you burn, hurt or sting down there, you messed with a nasty ass girl and thats what we are dealing with....most of us are mentally & emotionally damaged...I bet if we didnt step out the marriage and this happen to us, it would be so much easier to deal with or even heal from it....I personally have been feeling physically okay but not yet mentally. I just recently messed myself up though. I normally dont feel any pain from sex but discomfort if i masturbate. The other day, I decided to test the waters and masturbated 3 times in one day. The next day my pelvis felt like I was a tackling dummy for a NFL team...I felt all the common symptoms of prostatitis but it calmed down after a few days(No meds or anything used) which was interesting..BUT I do wanna say that this site kinda saved me and I wanna thank you guys for your support.. i just hope that we all heal physically, mentally, and emotionally one day and move on

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:03 pm

@jaynnc - I can totally see your point man, but I am absolutely certain my penis head didn't look like it does now before all this started 3 months ago. Not only that, but there are multiple people in this forum that have had urologists tell them that redness of the penis glans is a classic sign of prostatitis. So not sure what to think there.

@prostatitis22 - Maybe so man, but it doesn't seem to transmit to our significant others, on top of that, I had like 5 minutes of condom protected sex and a hand-job to finish. My exposure risk was significantly low, almost zero, now that I have obsessed and researched STI's like a madman. This CSW is also reviewed on AdultWork and get's nothing but positive reviews. It's bad for business if she was infected those reviews would come in.

At this point I don't even know if prostatitis is what I have, all I can say is that my penis head didn't look like this before and I have to pee way more often than I used to, and my bladder seems a bit sensitive if I push on it, especially when I have to pee or if I drink coffee.

Any suggestions?

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:16 pm

My glans is also more red then before. My meatus gets very red after ejaculation - haven't found anything yet to get rid of it.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:00 pm

Just to clarify, my uro said "red swollem meatus is classic prostatitis" not the glands....i have both. It definatley did nlt look like this before....i dont think its mental....

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:53 pm

sdamos, listen to jaynnc! We're trying to help you away from misery road. You could have gotten a rash from the condom or the hand job that you probably any other day wouldn't have noticed (I know I have felt things i my penis before that I didn't put much attention to before and then goes away. But if I would have cheated on my wife the same time I would have freaked out) One well known STD doctor called the syndrom "genitally focused anxiety".
Stop comparing to others on this forum!!!!
YOU DONT Have an STD!!! You had a zero risk encounter!!!
I've struggeled with the same thing about red penis/meatus. (Some 3 month after I got this "prostatitis", I had a really god day when I felt 100% fine, I thought is it this easy to get out of prostatitis? Then I looked at my penis that was still red and I immediately felt the urgency come back) It's not a thing people usually talk about, only people scared of STDs. And googling about it, the only thing you read is "STD". But my guess is that it can have something to do with tight pelvic muscles as well as anything else.
It's easier to give advice to others than believe it yourself, but my advice is that you stop looking at your penis and eventually it goes away (I have googeled this many times and freaked out. But I have also read stories from people that like you have zero bacteria and still in a stressful moment gotten red penis) I would call it the red penis syndrome :-)
There probably is no cure but time!
Keep on searching for answer on internet and you'll end up like me!
For the last time:
You don't have bacterial prostatitis!!!! But it's very hard to deal wih the psychological aspect. It might take time.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:26 am

Sorry but I completely disagree that it can't be bacterial. Some men on here do transfer the infection back and forth from their wives and girlfriends. Many people don't develop symptoms from an STI, which is common. That also explains why some women don't have symptoms and the guy relapses after he sleeps with her without a condom.

If it was psychological, there would be other symptoms than just Prostatitis symptoms, psychological mindset cannot cause such a terrible disease. I disagree that it is only an infection at first. Plenty of people get infections from other things throughout their body, but once it's cleared there are no other symptoms. How is it possible that every Prostatitis sufferer has the exact same symptoms if it's not bacterial? Psychological reasoning could not cause the exact same symptoms in everyone.

It's hard to culture and kill the bacteria because they hide in scar tissue and biofilms, which I think is the main reason it's hard to kill them, that and the prostate is hard to penetrate.

I also get the red penis gland, but only developed that after sleeping with the person who made my symptoms worse. I had it for 5 years, and after that person the red penis gland was a new symptom. I had a flare up of my other symptoms after that person, and finally had a positive culture, only from a prostate massage. I took medicine to break down scar tissue and biofilm in combination with antibiotics and it helped cure a couple symptoms.

My mindset is perfectly good and has not changed since I had Prostatitis. I do not believe for a second psychological reasoning can cause a continuation of a condition that was caused by an infection.

This is just my opinion of course, we all have our own but I just don't see it. The only improvement I get is when I pursue the infection route. Given other guys have the same symptoms as me and caused by the same thing, I believe it is still bacterial.

If there is bacteria on the hand or in the mouth from the girl it can get in the urethra. Especially if she's a prostitute, she could have bacteria on her hand from other men who may be infected. Condoms aren't 100% effective all the time either.

Lyme's disease is another condition that was thought to be cured after a few weeks of antibiotics, doctors said if you have symptoms after that it's not bacterial. A doctor researched chronic lyme patients on his own dime without a massive lab and discovered the bacteria in chronic Lyme patients and named it, which is now known as the main bacteria in Lyme patients. He also discovered biofilm formation around the bacteria which is why it was so hard to culture because that enables them to hide.

Antibiotics are becoming less and less effective at curing chronic conditions due to resistance. The medical community won't publicly admit that because you can imagine the reaction given there is no replacement. They aren't researching it enough.

The best thing to do in my opinion to treat chronic infections is treat the biofilm and scar tissue simultaneously while you are taking antibiotics. Scar tissue I think is a major factor, which is caused from trauma from the infection , and bacteria can hide in the scar tissue. It has to be broken down, as well as the biofilm, otherwise it can hide in both.

Not trying to argue by the way, just a friendly debate :) I know there are many view points on this and it is a complex condition, so it's great to share ideas. Just my belief on it

Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:04 pm

Ok prostatitis22, yours is bacterial. No doubt!

I was referring to sdamos case! I'm trying to help him. He has had a really traumatic event. Could not sleep for a month, guilt, stress etc. You don't think that can effect the body? Then you haven't been around long enough. I can surely rely, and I know personally what the mind has done to my body previously.

However, it doesn't help sdamos if you tell him all prostatitis is bacterial either. Because from his story, his case is truly not bacterial, and that was what he was asking. And I was trying to tell him that his symptoms can very possible come from tight muscles (frequent urination and possibly read penis) here's an example from a guy who clearly got "prostatitis" without bacteria and had the same kind of symptoms.(and there are many other similar stories)

http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... atitis.com

He had "prostatitis" for 3 years until he learned a stretching exercise that cured him. But we're all different. So what works for one guy doesn't work for another. But arguing that a man get prostatitis from a hand job??? You are only going to get this guy scared and confused (I know too much how this is not helping), so please stop!

Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:40 pm

I understand but I also have frequent urination, and I've seen multiple guys post that they developed prostatitis after a rub and tug. I've read through almost every post on the board, I do believe you can get an infection from a hand job, particularly a prostitute. They are a prostitute for their career, do you really think there's not a chance they didn't wash their hands after a session? Their profession is sex... I think it's dangerous not to have that in mind. Treating something when you are not targeting the appropriate cause will not eliminate the condition. I am also just trying to help. Probably have to agree to disagree on that one ;)

Again not wanting to argue, I just feel strongly about bacterial Prostatitis being a major condition even in those diagnosed as non bacterial. Of course not all, but many.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:06 pm

I would think most prostitutes are even more concern with washing their hands than normal.
Because they are professionals!!! They definitely don't want any bacteria either.
What you are saying would mean that I could get an STD from going to a public bathroom and touching the handle and then my penis!? That's just don't happen!!!

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:43 am

If you happen to touch cum and put it in your urethra than sure mate. I don't think guys leave cum hanging around a toilet seat. I'm sure there are less than perfect prostitutes who don't wash their hands after being with a client.

Just my thoughts man. It can't be a coincidence that Prostatitis develops only after sex, and multiple have come from hand jobs. It's absurd to think that is psychological. I have been around plenty long enough to see how depression and psychological mindset can affect the body, but I do not believe it can cause Prostatitis. That's essentially telling men it's their fault, and to fix it with their mind, absolutely ridiculous.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:27 pm

I really appreciate all the feedback on here, it has helped. In my case the guilt/anxiety I had over this was crippling, specifically due to numbers 1-4 above, exactly those. As for this prostitute, she is ranked on AdultWork and continues to get good feedback, even from guys getting oral without a condom, and she did wash her hands immediately after we were finished. Not saying it was possible, but I have been on so many STI forums and listened to the professionals Not once have they had someone come in with and STI they got from condom protected sex, unless it failed, or a handjob. Rarely evening a blowjob. At any rate, I can see both sides of the argument. I'm just trying to move on with my life.

An update on me... I ended up getting sick from something my son had while I was taking care of him. Sore throat, fevers, body aches, I still have it as I write this (day 2). That sucks, but the exciting part is, I didn't have frequent urination problems last night really. I haven't had much today at all either. I am going to see how the next few days go. I am 3 days shy of 3 months since the incident. Penis glands still red, not sure what the hell that is, but trying to not think about it to the best of my ability. It really isn't noticeable unless erect. Anyway, thanks again guys, just wanted to let you all know I appreciate the replies.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:11 pm

Hope you continue to find improvement! Glad you are seeing some results. Sorry for the post dragging on.. I just think it's an uncanny coincidence multiple men develop Prostatitis after a hand job (particularly from prostitutes). I haven't heard of one Prostatitis case that didn't evolve from a sexual encounter. The staph bacteria can also be found on skin, so could explain some Prostatitis as even if they have a dirty hand with staph and it touches the urethra and gets inside then the problem begins.

Also most men don't just get hand jobs usually, that's how it starts then it turns to sex, so if they get an STI from that they won't think about the hand job. The urethra and pelvis area is sensitive, any bacteria get inside and it can be difficult to eradicate as it can get into every area inside the pelvis region once inside the urethra.

Anyhow good discussion nonetheless.

All the best with your condition!

Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:39 pm

Well, the fever and body aches I got from my son are gone, yesterday I was feeling better so I was taking any ibuprofen for the fever. So I was up late last night and for some reason around 2 AM it started happening again, the feeling like I had to piss. So I went and sure enough like 15 min later I felt like I needed to go again. I have had a lot of fluids these past few days because I hardly had to pee at all and when I went it was really yellow. So now I am trying to figure out what made things better those two whole days I was sick. Was it taking ibuprofen every 4-6 hours? I also had half a glass of wine yesterday evening, which was the first time I had alcohol in 2-3 days. Alcohol doesn't seem to be a culprit, it might be, but coffee definitely is. I was supposed to have a post 30 days doxy appointment with my urologist last Friday, but he was telling me the red penis glans looked normal to him so I am thinking I need another referral anyway, he doesn't seem that knowledgeable to me. So I canceled the appointment. I will see how this evening goes, but not hopeful, I was feeling like I was moving past this for 2 whole days, even though I felt terrible I was grateful.

To be honest, I'm not sure I even have prostatits, it's just not much else makes sense. I do not have any pain though, none, just the having to pee way too many times, especially late at night, although it usually does not wake me up. Secondly, the red penis glans. So I don't know guys, pretty sure I am not diabetic though, LOL. I am in pretty good physically condition and my diet is extremely healthy.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:16 am

Check out this article that may help you:

http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... l-cystitis

I've been learning a lot recently about this. A lot of men with Prostatitis can simultaneously have Interstitial Cystitis (which I think is what I have). The article explains IC can develop from chronic urinary tract infections. The Urologist in that article also treats patients. He also explains men with IC are misdiagnosed with Prostatitis quite commonly. I think however that it's a multiple condition diagnosis. You can have a prostate infection and interstitial cystitis.

In my case, I had an infection and came positive for a prostate massage culture (allowed sufficient time for bacteria to grow, 1 week+ not 48 hours like the poorly tested mainstream labs). I have chronic urinary frequency 24/7, especially at night, that is actually my major symptom.

I saw a new Urologist and he was flabbergasted how I wasn't properly tested or treated for interstitial cystitis. He wants to do a test/diagnosis in October which basically expands my bladder with water (called hydrodistension). With Interstitial Cystitis, scar tissue and deficiencies form in the bladder wall from the infection. This doesn't allow the bladder to stretch properly and causes urinary frequency. Also bacteria can hide in the scar tissue, making antibiotics difficult to target it.

With a normal bladder, it will be able to expand 4 or 5 times and retract normally in the hydrodistension test. With IC, it will have difficulty expanding as well, and when they retract it, the scar tissue will snap and break and possibly bleed, and that's how they get a positive diagnosis for IC. I would be under general anesthetic for this one, because a local one can't expand the bladder, that only allows a camera to look at everything which isn't helpful.

The test alone breaking the scar tissue can also significantly improve your urinary frequency, which I was told.

That article also says another form of diagnosis that is less invasive which is putting potassium chloride in the bladder. If the patient responds with irritation, it's a positive diagnosis for IC. However, with that method, the scar tissue doesn't break apart from hydrodistension. The standard oral medication for IC is elmiron, but that can take months to take effect.

Personally I hate targeting the symptoms as the sole method of treatment, while it is great to help you improve and function normally, if that's the mainstay treatment method then the condition won't be eliminated. Stretching the bladder and ripping the scar tissue doesn't get rid of everything.

Which is why I am getting shockwave therapy on my bladder in October. It is far less invasive and could be more successful. Shockwave therapy breaks down scar tissue (I've had it on my wrist following surgery and it worked great). Also since bacteria may be hiding in the scar tissue, I have to take antibiotics at the same time.

Breaking the scar tissue in the bladder can help solve other problems as if the bladder is dysfunctional that can put pressure on other areas, and if bacteria is hiding in there, maybe that is possibly how there are other symptoms like the red penis gland. The shockwave therapy I am getting also deals with pudendal nerve damage (common in Prostatitis/IC), so I am hoping it will be a 360 treatment but will see. Not 100% sure yet if the shockwave on the bladder is how he treats pudendal nerve damage too but I'll find that out soon. I can let you know how that treatment goes after, I am starting that next week.

It's fairly common for Urologists to not take your symptoms seriously, I think partly because they have no idea how to help.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next