Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS - Update! 

Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Hi David88, thanks for this post, I'm a 25 year old guy in the south east UK, I had a bad bicycle fall in late December 2015 whilst on holiday in Gran Canaria, I landed on my low back, left hip, I was bleeding, could barely walk, got back home a few days later, was still limping, a week later got back to work, got better, felt fine, I'm a kitchen porter so I have a physical job. I have a scar on my left hip, low back, left elbow for life.

then in late March 2016 I got lucky and met a girl from Tinder for sex, our 3rd meet we had sex 3 times, 2 at night, 1 in morning, a day or two later I got discomfort/ache/pain in my pelvic/pubic area, it went away on its own after 5 days. Then in late June, I had sex with a Thai woman whilst on holiday in Thailand, again 3 times, the pelvic pain/aches and discomfort returned and this time it didn't go away.

of course my STD tests came back negative, semen culture was normal, MRI on low back showed nothing.

symptoms I've had are tingling on testicles and perineum, perineum ache, frequent & painful urination, stinging/burning in urethra and deep in rectum, Tinnitus, dull pain/ache in inner thighs, left buttock pain, upper back pain, pelvic ache/pain. my main symptom is the discomfort/irritation feeling in my pubic area. I can feel the tight muscles around my pelvic & thigh area's.

I'm currently seeing a chiropractor in Southampton who does SOT technique, he says my pelvis is unstable, misaligned, my left leg is shorter than my right, I have a sacrum issue, I also have posture issues too, he said that my pubic discomfort was coming from my pubis and thats the unstable part, he is currently trying to stabilize my pelvis and adjusting my sacrum, I have felt improvement, but the discomfort comes back, he said this is how it will be at the moment, it will go and come back, but eventually it will go away for longer and longer until the discomfort is gone completely. It is no quick fix. I've only had 4 appointments with him so far so its early days, I see him once a week.

I have decided to get a second opinion and will book an appointment with John Taberman-Pichler

thanks again, your post helped me realise that I will have to dedicate a year or more of my life to cure this, no holidays for a while.

Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:23 pm

Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS - Upd
Hi guys,

I've got what I feel is a very exciting update that I hope will help some of you.

We know there is a link between the loss of the natural arch of the foot and pelvic floor tension. As the foot collapses a variety of muscles upto the hip and lower back contract to stabilise the leg.

After years and years of work I have found that the Tibialis Posterior muscle, which is located behind your calf muscles and is attached to many bones in your foot, is largely responsible for flat feet. Even more than that, the loss of the arch will cause inflammation and swelling through the inside of your ankle where the Tibial nerve passes. This is a condition called Tarsal Tunnel syndrome. Irritation of this nerve can cause the muscles in your foot to become tight but I also feel that it sends a nerve signal all the way up your body. Your hip, lower back, neck and jaw will tighten. You may get sensitive hearing and find bright light difficult to be around.

So, for anyone who thinks they have fallen arches (over pronation), be sure to get some deep tissue work into the tendon and muscle belly of the Tibialis Posterior. While doing that it's also worth massaging the calf muscles and the Peroneal Longus/Brevis muscles.

For anyone who gets this worked on I'd love to hear your feedback.

I've just got the arch back in my left foot for the first time in 15-20 years and it feels great!!!!

Good luck

Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:55 am

Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
JackT wrote:
Hi David88, thanks for this post, I'm a 25 year old guy in the south east UK, I had a bad bicycle fall in late December 2015 whilst on holiday in Gran Canaria, I landed on my low back, left hip, I was bleeding, could barely walk, got back home a few days later, was still limping, a week later got back to work, got better, felt fine, I'm a kitchen porter so I have a physical job. I have a scar on my left hip, low back, left elbow for life.

then in late March 2016 I got lucky and met a girl from Tinder for sex, our 3rd meet we had sex 3 times, 2 at night, 1 in morning, a day or two later I got discomfort/ache/pain in my pelvic/pubic area, it went away on its own after 5 days. Then in late June, I had sex with a Thai woman whilst on holiday in Thailand, again 3 times, the pelvic pain/aches and discomfort returned and this time it didn't go away.

of course my STD tests came back negative, semen culture was normal, MRI on low back showed nothing.

symptoms I've had are tingling on testicles and perineum, perineum ache, frequent & painful urination, stinging/burning in urethra and deep in rectum, Tinnitus, dull pain/ache in inner thighs, left buttock pain, upper back pain, pelvic ache/pain. my main symptom is the discomfort/irritation feeling in my pubic area. I can feel the tight muscles around my pelvic & thigh area's.

I'm currently seeing a chiropractor in Southampton who does SOT technique, he says my pelvis is unstable, misaligned, my left leg is shorter than my right, I have a sacrum issue, I also have posture issues too, he said that my pubic discomfort was coming from my pubis and thats the unstable part, he is currently trying to stabilize my pelvis and adjusting my sacrum, I have felt improvement, but the discomfort comes back, he said this is how it will be at the moment, it will go and come back, but eventually it will go away for longer and longer until the discomfort is gone completely. It is no quick fix. I've only had 4 appointments with him so far so its early days, I see him once a week.

I have decided to get a second opinion and will book an appointment with John Taberman-Pichler

thanks again, your post helped me realise that I will have to dedicate a year or more of my life to cure this, no holidays for a while.

Hi Jack,

Good to read your message.

I'd also recommend a visit to Andrew Croysdale at Project Me in Crouch End. He has been on an incredible journey with me and you will benefit from all the information and lessons learned over the last 4 years.

It's possible you landed on one of your SI joints and it's become subluxated. The glutes will tighten over the joint and progressively get stiffer and stiffer the longer the issue goes on. Mr Croysdale could help that massively.

Good luck!!!

Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:03 pm

I appreciate your work and effort David88. I really do man, thanks for posting.

I'm currently trying to figure out what is truly going on with me and its been a long road. It really does some like muscle/nerve/bone problems now rather than bacterial infection.
But the fact that this all started with chlamydia makes me really wonder if it truly is non-bacterial, my only theory is that I had a long time tension build up and that just put me over the limit, it was the night after a prolonged masturbation that the start of symptoms really happened. I've done many many tests and all were negative.

I had some pretty bad anxiety and things were getting worse, until I stumbled on david wise and a headache in the pelvis. Over the last week I've been devoted to relaxing mentally and physically, and most of my symptoms drastically reduced. Which really further pushed me to believe this is entirely muscle/nerve problems (getting to the absolute bottom of it might be harder than just relaxing and de-stressing though).

All I feel now is slight discomfort with urinating and some urinary retention, also a weird tension/discomfort in the rectum, it doesn't even feel deep like its at my prostate, just feels like some muscle discomfort in the buttocks. Also ejaculating feels somewhat odd and not normal but I wouldn't say painful.

I'm really not sure if the remaining symptoms will go away on their own or if its going to involve some serious change in me physically. I saw an osteopath but he didn't seem like the guy to really fix me, I think I am going to try and find another one that really understands the pelvic area and pudendal nerve, I have a physical therapist appointment with a lady who specializes in pelvic floor problems next week too.

And then I read stiff like this http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... facts.org/ and I question the entire direction I am going.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:46 pm

http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... CQRNK7BGMc

Interesting.

This shows that there is some research being done in how tibial nerve compression in the ankle/foot can affect the tone of the pelvic floor.

There very signals this device is sending up to the sacral plexus is similar to what you would get naturally with a compression of the nerve. Tarsal Tunnel syndrome brought on by Posterior Tibialis dysfunction (adult acquired flat foot syndrome).

Be sure to get your Posterior Tibialis muscle checked out and your Tarsal Tunnel.

Could be the cause of flat feet and Prostatitis.

Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:37 pm

It's interesting you mention the arch of foot and calf. When my "prostatits" symptoms were at their worst, I would have a sharp pain in the arch of my left foot and then a mimicking pain in the inside of my rectum on the left side. I've been really good for a few months almost a year now, every once in a while I get a weird twitch on the right side of my left calf muscle and I also feel the twitch in the inside of my rectum left side. I really feel you are on to something.

Mon May 08, 2017 12:53 am

Re: Propecia / Finastride 1mg causing prostatitis

This post is to help people who were prescribed Finastride 1mg/propecia and developed prostatitis. I started Finastride 1Mg / propecia around August of 2013 and was doing well until July of 2015. I started having prostatitis pain. Please note to the reader that I had no clue what prostatitis was at the time.

I went to my GP and 4 u urologists and told them about the pain and that I was taking Finastride 1mg/ propeica. My gp and 3 urologist did not advise that I should stop taking Finastride / propecia and see what happens. They said to keep taking Finastride/ propeica and it has nothing to do with the pain or prostatitis. One urologist prescribed antibiotics and indicated that if doesn't get better you may want to stop Finastride /propecia for around 9 months.

The pain/ prostatitis got so uncomfortable that I had to see a psychiatrist in March of 2017. The psychiatrist suggested that I come off Finastride/propecia for a 1 month to see what happens. It's been 2 months that I stopped the medication and my pain is much less or some days no pain at all. So my point was that the urologists that I saw had no clue that the cause was simply Finastride/ propecia. So if you have prostatitis and you've been taking Finastride/ propecia this means that your body is saying please stop taking this medication or at least stop for a while.

I would rather had less hair than having this so called prostatitis that has made my life uncomfortable for the last almost 2 years. I hope this helps anyone that has taken Finstride 1mg/Propecia and has had prostatitis or prostate issues.

Fri May 19, 2017 1:13 pm

Thanks april1984 for sharing your story.

Sat May 20, 2017 6:37 am

Get your Adductor muscles checked. (Groin)

Refer pain into pelvis
Can cause anterior pelvic tilt
Antagonist muscle to flutes which causes foot turn out
Leads to flat foot and Tibialis Posterior dysfunction
Is connected by fascia to the pelvic floor

This group of muscles could be the holy grail to undoing the issue

Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:14 pm

Hi David ,

Many thanks for sharing your positive story and for sticking around to support us. It's given me much needed hope that there is a cure out there for us and one day I can return back to a normal life.

I would like to know more about your statement ....

With a disordered bladder neck, urine will spurt into the Prostate causing it to be inflamed

My question ...
Where there any physical signs that Urine was being spurted into the Prostate? Was the Urine being forced out of the Urthera as well?

My background ...

Past 10 years - rectal pain , itching , bleeding chronic anal fissures , anal fistula , fecal soiling , ibs symptoms. During this time frequent urge to pee but no pain.
Last 2 years frequent urge to pee has developed into pain - Prostatitis diagnosed.
During those 10 years I have an overlap between my Urinary and Rectal pain. About 60-70% of the time when I'm passin stools , somehow there is pressure being applied to my bladder and Urine is spurted out. Urine spurts out of my Urethera and ends up on the toilet seat , my underpants and the bathroom floor. I have no control over this. Sometimes it doesnt spurt out of my Uretherta but I can tell it;s been released because it feels wet around what I imagine is the bladder / prostate area. My prostate becomes more sore after such bowel movements. Alot of us complain that it feels like Urine is trapped somewhere , well it probably is!!!

Up till now both Urologists and colol rectal surgeons have dismissed this link until I saw a new Urologist who thinks there is a very good chance that this is the case. He does believe Prostatis is caused by Urine getting trapped in the Prostate.

I have a very tight anal sphincter and I'm having an internal lateral spinctomry done soon which should correct my rectal pain. We are hoping the Urine is being spurted out because of this tightness and is causing some muscle dysfunction and following the surgery this pressure will be released and no more Urine spurting out.

I pray to god this will fix it for me.

Anyways , I repeat my question. In your case, could you see / tell that Urine being spurted into the Prostate?

Thanks

Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:03 pm

Hi Pritesh,

Good to hear from you.

I really would advise against the rectal surgery.

The muscles are in spasm because of the biomechanical faults in your pelvis which creates a nasty chain of nerve and muscle disorders. You would risk a degree of incontinence if you got the muscles to relax after having them loosened with surgery.

I'd advise massage into

1. The Adductor muscles
2. The Glutes
3. Psoas
4. Levator ani

Surgery looks appealing when you been in chronic pain but often it's not the answer.

Some osteopathic adjustments to your pelvis should enable you to see how the muscles change/symptoms change when the bones are in the right place.

The is a connection between the bladder and anal area. They are both innervated by the pudendal nerve and can be affected by tension in the pelvic floor.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:58 am

The Adductor Magnus is a very important muscle in chronic pelvic pain.

1. It refers pain straight into the pelvis
2. It's supposed to support the hip joint so if it's not functioning your glute muscles will turn the leg out (duck feet)
3. If it's not working the psoas muscle will clamp down hard to stabilise the hip which will twist the pelvis.
4. The foot will collapse creating a fallen arch

Highly recommend people get this muscle checked out. It's hard to get to but it could make an enormous difference.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:14 pm

Thanks David

I will be going ahead with the surgery (date is soon). The procedure is to treat my rectal pain and is the last resort after exhausting all the conservative options for 5 years. There are of course some risks , but these are very minor and if you are ever going to have a surgery in your life you would want it to be something like this.

As I have an overlap between my rectal and prostate pain , there is some hope (with evidence) that this might have a positive effect on the Prostatitis.

You didn't quite answer my question mate about how did you know you had Urine spurting into your prostate?

Did you see any evidence of this? Or was this something you could feel? Or was this something you where told by your Osteopath as the most likely?

I really think Urine spurting into the Prostate is the key cause of it.

Btw, hope you are still symptom free. It's remarkable with all the negative stories you have such a great positive one to share which gives the rest of us hope.

Cheers

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:49 pm

hi all new to the forum, just read through this whole thread and it has given me hope, will give a fairly brief overview of my story

was an avid gym goer and one day i got little cocky and decided to challenge a friend to a deadlifting challenge how many reps at 100kg, i managed 12, was on a sunday had absolutely no issues what so ever all day, monday morning came and i can horrendous pain in my left hip area and got some in the groin, left it for a while tried hot baths but made things worse, eventually got sick and decided deep tissue massage in the groin, lots of little cactus like adhesions, managed to cure that pain but the pain in the hip remained, fast forward about a year putting up with bits of hip pain, started jogging a week and a half go noticed sharp pain at the front of the hip on the right side, last monday my hip and foot in the right hand side went completely cold/numb/tingling went to doctors and got told i had pulled a muscle take painmeds, stopped running and last Thursday night when i went to bed had a big flair up in my rectom with continued hip pain in both sides with protrude to a point in the lower back which then sets chronic back pain off, managed to get to the doctors last friday and dre was very painful, he put it down to acute prostatitis and gave me cipro (lethal) managed 3 days and id have enough of bad symptoms, moved me onto bactrim i think its called, few issues but to early to tell, didn't say anything was in my blood and urine came back with white blood cells but no infection, I'm not convinced its bacteria cos i had 1 pelvic/hip issue for a year which could of lead to problems in the other side, i work as a trolly porter (dolly) and walk on embankments all the time which cause left ankle issues

just thought id share my experience and get it off my chest as iv been came quite depressed spending all day in bed, its nice to know that I'm not alone in this but i still feel little that it may never go away :( never had any issues up until Thursday last week now i struggle to wee, sex drive is on the floor, lower back and pelvis/hip pain and pain in the bottom (quite literally) sorry for the long story

Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:55 pm

HI, Glad your cured but don't go along with your theory.I never fell on or bumped my back.Have had herniated disc being congenital and surgery corrected those issues and feel great for years now.In my case and opinion it's inflamed as i can feel and know when something feels irritated/inflamed and nothing to do with pelvic floor or anything else.What causes it they don't know and who knows if they ever will as with many chronic conditions and diseases all they know and can do is treat and mask the symptoms.I always say they give it a name and you suffer the pain.Then again i say whatever works or makes someone feel better great.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:17 pm

Guys,

The Rectus Femoris muscle on the top of the thigh is also extremely important to creating anterior pelvic tilt and a twist in the pelvis.

This muscle can become short and full of tension.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:15 am

Pritesh wrote:
Thanks David

I will be going ahead with the surgery (date is soon). The procedure is to treat my rectal pain and is the last resort after exhausting all the conservative options for 5 years. There are of course some risks , but these are very minor and if you are ever going to have a surgery in your life you would want it to be something like this.

As I have an overlap between my rectal and prostate pain , there is some hope (with evidence) that this might have a positive effect on the Prostatitis.

You didn't quite answer my question mate about how did you know you had Urine spurting into your prostate?

Did you see any evidence of this? Or was this something you could feel? Or was this something you where told by your Osteopath as the most likely?

I really think Urine spurting into the Prostate is the key cause of it.

Btw, hope you are still symptom free. It's remarkable with all the negative stories you have such a great positive one to share which gives the rest of us hope.

Cheers

The overlap could be due to compression of the pudendal nerve under the piriformis muscle.

The pudendal nerve controls both anal and urinary muscles as well as others in the pelvic floor.

Deep tissue into all the glutes and hip might help.

But good luck.

It was a Urologist who suggested urine irritating Prostate.

Other causes are equally possible I think

Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:19 am

marcus550 wrote:
hi all new to the forum, just read through this whole thread and it has given me hope, will give a fairly brief overview of my story

was an avid gym goer and one day i got little cocky and decided to challenge a friend to a deadlifting challenge how many reps at 100kg, i managed 12, was on a sunday had absolutely no issues what so ever all day, monday morning came and i can horrendous pain in my left hip area and got some in the groin, left it for a while tried hot baths but made things worse, eventually got sick and decided deep tissue massage in the groin, lots of little cactus like adhesions, managed to cure that pain but the pain in the hip remained, fast forward about a year putting up with bits of hip pain, started jogging a week and a half go noticed sharp pain at the front of the hip on the right side, last monday my hip and foot in the right hand side went completely cold/numb/tingling went to doctors and got told i had pulled a muscle take painmeds, stopped running and last Thursday night when i went to bed had a big flair up in my rectom with continued hip pain in both sides with protrude to a point in the lower back which then sets chronic back pain off, managed to get to the doctors last friday and dre was very painful, he put it down to acute prostatitis and gave me cipro (lethal) managed 3 days and id have enough of bad symptoms, moved me onto bactrim i think its called, few issues but to early to tell, didn't say anything was in my blood and urine came back with white blood cells but no infection, I'm not convinced its bacteria cos i had 1 pelvic/hip issue for a year which could of lead to problems in the other side, i work as a trolly porter (dolly) and walk on embankments all the time which cause left ankle issues

just thought id share my experience and get it off my chest as iv been came quite depressed spending all day in bed, its nice to know that I'm not alone in this but i still feel little that it may never go away :( never had any issues up until Thursday last week now i struggle to wee, sex drive is on the floor, lower back and pelvis/hip pain and pain in the bottom (quite literally) sorry for the long story

Sounds like your piriformis had gone into spasm and pinching your sciatic and pudendal nerves.

Get the quads, hip, adductor and glutes massaged as soon as you can. I've found the Rectus Femoris muscle to be very important lately.

The longer you walk with this dysfunction the more scar tissue you'll build up in the muscles and the longer it will take to massage out.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:23 am

Hi David how are you?
First of all, I apologize for my English. I am a man from Barcelona (Spain), but I have the need to write to you because you must know that YOU SAVED ME MY LIFE.
I am 51 years old and have had all the symptoms described. I will not repeat them because we all know.
I was absolutely desperate, I did not see any solution. Luckily I have aborted all the antibiotics and various medication that so insistently prescribed me all urologists. What ineptitude.
I began to read to you and saw the light.
I was able to recover an MRI that I did a year ago, in search of chronic digestive problems that later overlapped with this so-called prostatitis.
And ... oh my god .... there was everything you were talking about!
Look at how bad the urologists are that I did the following test:
I asked two appointments to two different urologists, in the same center, one after the other.
At first I explained all my symptoms. I did a rectal examination and was diagnosed with "congestive prostatitis"
I went to the second, without saying anything, just wanted to do a checkup for my age and told me that my prostate was TOTALLY NORMAL.

How is it possible?
Tomorrow I have an appointment with osteopath ... so far I have just given some deep massage in the areas you mention and the improvement is spectacular. And above all on the mental level.
For the moment I can only tell you that you have saved me ... and I mean it ...
Thank you

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:07 pm

Millions of men around the world suffer from pelvic pain. Are you one of them?

Western Sydney University is running a survey to develop a tool to measure the impact of pelvic pain on men’s lives.

If you think you may be eligible and are interested in participating, visit:
http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... IQRoundOne.

Thank you!

Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:25 pm

freeman wrote:
Hi David how are you?
First of all, I apologize for my English. I am a man from Barcelona (Spain), but I have the need to write to you because you must know that YOU SAVED ME MY LIFE.
I am 51 years old and have had all the symptoms described. I will not repeat them because we all know.
I was absolutely desperate, I did not see any solution. Luckily I have aborted all the antibiotics and various medication that so insistently prescribed me all urologists. What ineptitude.
I began to read to you and saw the light.
I was able to recover an MRI that I did a year ago, in search of chronic digestive problems that later overlapped with this so-called prostatitis.
And ... oh my god .... there was everything you were talking about!
Look at how bad the urologists are that I did the following test:
I asked two appointments to two different urologists, in the same center, one after the other.
At first I explained all my symptoms. I did a rectal examination and was diagnosed with "congestive prostatitis"
I went to the second, without saying anything, just wanted to do a checkup for my age and told me that my prostate was TOTALLY NORMAL.

How is it possible?
Tomorrow I have an appointment with osteopath ... so far I have just given some deep massage in the areas you mention and the improvement is spectacular. And above all on the mental level.
For the moment I can only tell you that you have saved me ... and I mean it ...
Thank you

Thank you for posting that.

I'm always very happy when someone has benefitted from this thread.

It is my belief that Prostatits can often arise from a failure in biomechanics...usually mainly down one leg.

The major muscles to work on are

Tibialis Posterior (to restore foot arch)
Peroneal Longus (to help arch)
Calf Muscles
Quads (Particularly Rectus Femoris which can tilt and twist the pelvis)
Tensor Fascia Lata
All the Glutes (especially Glute medius and Piriformis)
Psoas
Quadratus Lumborum

In particular I think tension in the muscles which run up the back of your body is commonly created by tightness in the muscles which run up the front. This is why people have their shoulder and back massaged but the relief is only temporary.

Good luck and keep at it!

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:39 pm

Everyone should buy a book called Anatomy Trains.

It explains how chains of muscles and tissues do different jobs throughout to body.

Essential reading and should explain a lot.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:43 pm

bythebay wrote:
HI, Glad your cured but don't go along with your theory.I never fell on or bumped my back.Have had herniated disc being congenital and surgery corrected those issues and feel great for years now.In my case and opinion it's inflamed as i can feel and know when something feels irritated/inflamed and nothing to do with pelvic floor or anything else.What causes it they don't know and who knows if they ever will as with many chronic conditions and diseases all they know and can do is treat and mask the symptoms.I always say they give it a name and you suffer the pain.Then again i say whatever works or makes someone feel better great.

Hi,

Yes, they give it a name and charge hundreds of pounds an hour but can't explain it or fix it.

They even get to be called Consultant specialist!

You don't need to have a major trauma to call this. Generally i'd imagine there had been some injury often 20 years before the onset of Prostatitis. The biomechanical compensations to work around the injury (unless successfully rehabilitated) will cause muscle tissue to become tight and tired and ultimately cause joints to become dysfunctional.

But there are non-biomechanical causes for prostatitis so if you feel that's what you have then I hope you do get some answers.

Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:23 pm

Hi David

I want to thank you for all of the thorough information you have provided.

I may be getting a little ahead of myself but I want to be well informed, as I've had a lot of western medicine doctors fail me for other underlying conditions over the past 4 years.

About 9 days ago I began experiencing all of the symptoms you describe after a retrograde ejaculation during intercourse.

The most bothersome symptom being the internal rectal spasming that has resulted in frequent ER visits. It has gotten to a 10/10 pain causing me to go into shock and hyperventilate. The most I got from them was a prescription for opiates to relieve the pain and vague diagnosis of acute prostatitis. My urine sample is negative of bacteria or any UTI's/STD's. Along with the intense spasming I experience burning sensations through my pelvic region and penis as well as back pain and urine retention and a lot more.

My GP put me on antibiotics and am booked in to see a urologist in a few days. If he fails to find anything sinister or chalks it up to chronic prostatitis/pelvic pain syndrome then I will by-pass that protocol completely.

I have booked into see osteopath who came highly recommended to me by my acupuncturist. He said she is in the top 3 he has seen over the past 20 years. I'm not sure if she is a Classical Osteopath or not but I will make sure I ask.

I should note that I had a very harsh fall on my tailbone which did debilitate me for a number of weeks as a teen and have had some irritation to my piriformis nerve in the past.

My hope is that if this is pudendal nerve irritation that I won't have to get surgery, but due to my underlying health issues I simply don't have the energy to drag out another chronic health issue.

I know this is early days but is there any advice you could give to someone exhibiting these symptoms this early on with the history I provided?

(Sorry about the lengthy message)

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:03 am

Don't ever get surgery.

You need to read through the last 10 or so pages of this thread.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next