Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Toronto Sufferers 

Post Re: Toronto Sufferers
My next appointment with Ilia is on the 17th as well. Have not gotten results back yet. Emailed him , but he was not in clinic last few weeks and didnt know results.
Keep us updated with results.
You went thru the private lab as well?

Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:36 pm

MrRobot wrote:
Hi,

I am in Toronto also.
Thanks for the information.

I have had prostatitis for one year, though I have only tried:

• Macrobid (7 days) - cured first UTI
  • Cipro (7 days not long enough) - cured recurring UTI but caused prostatitis
  • Macrobid (14 days) - did nothing, doctor didn't know it cannot penetrate prostate, though I told him it was prostatitis
  • saw urologist Dr. Nick Frank Logarakis in Scarborough, only offered more Ciprofloxacin, would not do any extra tests
  • did my own prostate massages 4-5+ and it helped decrease my symptoms by 50%
  • taking magnesium, zinc, and saw palmetto daily helps urination

Hi Mr Robot! How are you feeling now? Did the doc find any pathogen in your lab tests?

Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:48 pm

Hey guys...in a bit of a situation. I emailed ilia kaploun for my lab results today. He said that there was a positive result but for nothing 'scary' and we would discuss next week. I emailed back asking for more detail and left voice mail. He didnt reply.... im freakin out a bit....was tested for chlam, trich, plasmas, candida and some other std. The only one i consider not 'scary' is the candida. I wont be able to sleep fpr a week.
Would he consider chlam or trich scary?

Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:08 pm

freakinfrustrated wrote:
My next appointment with Ilia is on the 17th as well. Have not gotten results back yet. Emailed him , but he was not in clinic last few weeks and didnt know results.
Keep us updated with results.
You went thru the private lab as well?

Yeah my specimen was sent to a private lab. I will meet him to discuss the result on the afternoon of the 17th. I will update you with the result.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:41 am

[quote="freakinfrustrated"]Hey guys...in a bit of a situation. I emailed ilia kaploun for my lab results today. He said that there was a positive result but for nothing 'scary' and we would discuss next week. I emailed back asking for more detail and left voice mail. He didnt reply.... im freakin out a bit....was tested for chlam, trich, plasmas, candida and some other std. The only one i consider not 'scary' is the candida. I wont be able to sleep fpr a week.
Would he consider chlam or trich scary?[/quote

Why worry? Ilia already said that there's nothing scary, and besides I heard that he is really good in dealing with bacterial Prostatitis. Stress and worry will only worsen your condition.
What time is your appointment on the 17th?

Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:56 am

i also have a follow up with Ilia on the 17th oddly enough.

No point in stressing over it man. Just be patient - only 7 days.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:51 am

WS1234 wrote:
i also have a follow up with Ilia on the 17th oddly enough.

No point in stressing over it man. Just be patient - only 7 days.

I think Ilia went away for a vacation and his first day of coming back to work will be on the 17th that's why all of us are scheduled on that day. I might see you there and the other guy too. My appointment is in the afternoon.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:12 pm

My appointment is not until the evening....will update you when I know more. Thanks

Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:25 pm

freakinfrustrated wrote:
My appointment is not until the evening....will update you when I know more. Thanks

any udate on this ? what was found and what your current condition is ? thanks.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:33 pm

Yea..read my thread in"battling this stupid condition" all updated in there

Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:39 pm

Mentalpower are you seeing Ilya for treatment too?

Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:13 pm

yakuh11 wrote:
Mentalpower are you seeing Ilya for treatment too?

Soon yes. Next week.

I am finding a lot of this to be a mental battle though, part of me thinks this will entirely heal up on its own with no antibiotics and no further help but living a very healthy lifestyle and positive thinking. I know it sounds like some hippy .... but part of me truly thinks it to be true. Also leaves me feeling the most positive mentally when I truly think that to be the case.

The opposite end of that thinking is that I have a resistant mycoplasma thats wrecking havoc forever that I can't remove ever.

I'm not even christian but I just believe the human body can fight it off !

Someone posted that ilya's techniques have been "debunked" ? what does that mean...

Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:38 am

The prevailent theory these days is this is a non-bacterial issue (Google prostatitis psychoneuromuscular). Ilia treatment is strictly bacterial (heavy AbX with prostate massage) hense people on the non-bacterial bacterial side disagreement w his approach. I haven't heard of anyone who has been completely cured by Ilia - he didn't help me at all, others have seen minor improvements.

Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:13 pm

WS1234 wrote:
The prevailent theory these days is this is a non-bacterial issue (Google prostatitis psychoneuromuscular). Ilia treatment is strictly bacterial (heavy AbX with prostate massage) hense people on the non-bacterial bacterial side disagreement w his approach. I haven't heard of anyone who has been completely cured by Ilia - he didn't help me at all, others have seen minor improvements.

hi ,

im from Mtl and im 35 years old sorry for my english , iv been suffering a lot since Jan 7 2017 , it start a few days after a sexual relation and anal with a new lady , a few day after my symptom start with low back pain then the next day i add a burning and blood in my urine , blood and burining sensation was there only one time , pain in all the pelvic start right away , rectum pain testicules pain going to my groing sometime , debilating not able to sleep at all but i dont find that i have to go pee more often , the next day i went to see a general doctor , after telling him my story he tought i add catch chlamydia or a gonorrhea , make me do the std test urine and blood test and did not wait and prescribe me 6 pills treatment in one shot , my pain slowly disappear but reappear after a few days , but at my surprise all the test came out negatif no std no infection ..... cause of the pain being back a lot i went back to see same doctor how did more other blood test , check my prostate with his finger , did a psa blood test and send me to do MRI pelvic , all test was negative mri pelvic show nothing special , did a ultra sound abdominal and pelvic , pankreass kidney , bladder prostate all was with out sign of anything special , did a other ultra sound testicles witch maybe show a small epidimytis but my general doctor doest think it was that , but because i was still in major pain enough for me to take off work and not be able to sleep , he decide to give a me shot of ceftriaxone sodique witch help me with the pain almost right away.

i thought i was cure but pain came back the next day or 2 days after , so i went back to see him again , he decide to give me a second shot of ceftriaxone sodique who again help me but pain always come back , from my rectum to my testicules , behing worst when im sitting for a while , it goes in between my leg like it hot and burning , he put me on doxycline for 10 days and prescribe me Cipro for 10 days with out to much result , i have ativan and morphine pills to help me calm my anxiety and pain cause i do some panic period when pain is there to much , my general doctor send me to a gastro enterologue cause i guess i was complaining about rectal pain , ( like it hurt when you want to push back inside a stooll like you hold like when you hold your self ) did a coloscopy ( camera threw the rectum to see in my rectum and colon if there is anythnig special ) they took biopsie and again nothing was positive , when to see in between all that a urologist how did not even take 5 minutes to see me just did a quick DRE and tell me i add nothing wrong with my prostate and send me back to my general doc .

my general doc recommend me a other urologist who make me do a cistoscopy and other urine test but all was negative again and put me on levofloxican with flomax and send me to a other gastro enterolgue for april 12 , i ad to ask the urologist a bout to try a EPS cause he did not even talk about this test it seem like urologist do not know what to do in general for these prostatis thing ..... I wont to cure my self and regain my life , i start reading on internet about prostatits and chronic pelvic pain syndrome cause that what my general doctor think I have and i read about sean devery clinic and found out about direct prostate injection behing the best cure cause all oral drugs doesnt penetrate the prostate . on is site i found also about doctor Kaploun in toronto , i have a appointment with him early April , i am into a major depression cause of that , my life was perfect before that event and now I dont know where this will end me , the pain is a bit better then when all this start but it is still a big pain for me , i stop seing my friend and at work im not the same guys cause im always focusing on my pain .....

im hoping doctor Kaploun can find out my pathogen and be able to help me as i will have to drive 6 hrs to com see him , im so deseperate that i have no other options , i cant beleive that no body know really how to treat that , i did alot of test with out results

does anybody know about direct injectons to the prostate ?

i hope we can get cure

Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:54 pm

Most doctlrs would advise against direct injections..including kaploun. He may send you for dna lab tests of urine and semen to a lab in vaughan. Just north of toronto. He seems to not fully trust some of the ohip culture tests...especially if you have been on antibiotics in last 3 months.
He may be able to help with testing but there are lots of theories and not many cures with this it seems. I have been seeinv kaploun for 4 months now and am no better. I tested positive for mycoplasma and candida.....
Keep us posted and best of luck....
Feel free to post any questions you may have

Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:06 pm

freakinfrustrated wrote:
Most doctlrs would advise against direct injections..including kaploun. He may send you for dna lab tests of urine and semen to a lab in vaughan. Just north of toronto. He seems to not fully trust some of the ohip culture tests...especially if you have been on antibiotics in last 3 months.
He may be able to help with testing but there are lots of theories and not many cures with this it seems. I have been seeinv kaploun for 4 months now and am no better. I tested positive for mycoplasma and candida.....
Keep us posted and best of luck....
Feel free to post any questions you may have

Thanks for your answer .
did you where on antibiotic when kaploun test you ? And did you add any negative test before getting to kaploun ?

They gave me all kind of medication with out knowing the patoghen i add , i guess doctor know you may have infection even if they cant see on routine urine or blood test

Is your pain reduce with times ?

Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:14 pm

I had completed 10 days doxy and 6 weeks of sulpha by time i got to kaploun. The dna test is npt effected by antibiotic use....thats why he uses it.
I tested neg for gon, chlam, hep b, hiv, trich, and no fungal growth before he tested. He restested for chlam, trich, mycoplasm, ureaplasma, candida and 2 other things. Tested positive for myco in urine and candida in urine and semen. I dont know if candida is result of weeks of drugs or if its cause of my issues....
Kaploun believes its either bacteria, fungal or viral. Many here disagree...

Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:18 am

freakinfrustrated wrote:
I had completed 10 days doxy and 6 weeks of sulpha by time i got to kaploun. The dna test is npt effected by antibiotic use....thats why he uses it.
I tested neg for gon, chlam, hep b, hiv, trich, and no fungal growth before he tested. He restested for chlam, trich, mycoplasm, ureaplasma, candida and 2 other things. Tested positive for myco in urine and candida in urine and semen. I dont know if candida is result of weeks of drugs or if its cause of my issues....
Kaploun believes its either bacteria, fungal or viral. Many here disagree...

what is your course of action? Moxi for the myco? or Azithromycin

Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:05 pm

I did 2 weeks azithro...no improvement...then 3 weeks moxi...no improvement.
Dr says myco must be gone after that and somethkng else is causing it....on weeks one of flagyl now....has not helped.
After flagyl going to retest and see if candida still in semen.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:59 am

Hey guys,

I'm from Toronto and have been dealing with pelvic pain (non-bacterial prostatitis) since the summer of 2013. I've seen Illya numerous times and do believe that he has helped me to a certain extent. However, like some of the other posters here, I do believe that this condition is definitely psycho muscular related. I have been dealing with anxiety issues from a young age and clench my pelvis unknowingly as a result of being in a constant state of worry, panic, and fear.

If a bacteria hasn't been found, I do believe that you should be going down the CPPS road with anxiety/ocd/depression being the true cause.

Mick

Tue May 02, 2017 10:08 pm

MickDidge wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm from Toronto and have been dealing with pelvic pain (non-bacterial prostatitis) since the summer of 2013. I've seen Illya numerous times and do believe that he has helped me to a certain extent. However, like some of the other posters here, I do believe that this condition is definitely psycho muscular related. I have been dealing with anxiety issues from a young age and clench my pelvis unknowingly as a result of being in a constant state of worry, panic, and fear.

If a bacteria hasn't been found, I do believe that you should be going down the CPPS road with anxiety/ocd/depression being the true cause.

Mick

How's your symptoms these days? Have you successfully controlled it? Are you taking any medication for anxiety and depression?

Tue May 02, 2017 10:26 pm

I'm going through another flare up at the moment. I had it in control there for a couple of years where it was manageable (id say i felt 85% normal) on a day to day basis. I got back into some bad habits (drinking, stopped working out, and stopped taking supplements). My wife and I just had our first baby, so there was a lot of stress and anxiety involved with that. I've always been of the opinion that my anxiety is probably the main cause for my CPPS. I have always been a worrier and a control freak. I also become obsessive over things that worry me and that I cant control (probably suffer from OCD too). Whether it was with school, my health, money, and my job - I always jump to the extreme worst case scenario.

What most of us sufferers need to understand is that this condition is going to come and go throughout our lives. I promise all of you that it will get better. TRY to STAY as positive as possible. Distract yourself! Put yourself out there and don't become a victim to this shitty affliction. Dont let CPPS, prostatitis, or whatever you want to call it define you as a person. It's going to be a small blip on your overall life.

Thu May 04, 2017 8:57 pm

Hello, I am also in the Toronto area, and trying to get this issue treated. Been pretty frustrating so far. Urologist put me on 6 weeks of doxycicline, and the only diagnosis test he did was DRE. It didn't help. I saw him again and asked for a prostatic secretions (EPS) test, but they didn't do it properly/there was a disconnect between the lab and the doctor. He also scheduled a cystoscopy for September which seems invasive and I don't want to do it.

I am thinking about going to the The Toronto Prostatitis Care Centre, to see Dr. Kaploun. Hesitant cause of the price. Also thinking about trying to get referred to the Murray Koffler Urologic Wellness Center instead, it seems that Dr. Kaploun works there as well, and they have diagnosis description on their website that seems like they actually do the EPS properly Has anyone tried this or some other urologist that actually does testing properly?

Would you guys recommend going to the Toronto Prostatitis Care Centre, to see Dr. Kaploun?

Thanks!

Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:40 pm

Hey, sorry to hear about your struggles. I have been seeing ilya for about 7 months now. He is very knowledgeable and good for sending you for proper testing. He does cost and between the appointments and testing i have spent probably about $1500. The dna testing he prefers is a bit pricey.
Unfortunately he has not been able to cure me yet. Not for a lack of trying...i do feel like he is trying everything.
my original urologist had Referred me to murray koffler as well, i have seen dr jarvi there twice. He works with kaploun...he agreed with kaplouns last rx so thats what i have been on.
If you have any questions...feel free to ask. The wait for murray koffler is 7 months...so get on it. In meantime, spend the money and see kaploun..thats my suggestion.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:04 am

I'll play the other side of this one. Ilia's approach is very old school and has largely been abandoned by the rest of the medical community. He has a private practice, and therefore there is a risk that he's in it for the money and stands to benefit from you coming back over and over and over again. I'll tell you exactly what will happen:

1.) He'll give you a prostate massage and examine the fluid. He'll tell you your prostate is "boggy" and that there are "pus cells" in your fluid and that you have an infection. He will not be able to tell you what infection though. Problem is that pus cells/white blood cells are a sign of inflammation, and are present in men without CPPS, so who know the true significance of what he's looking at

2.) He'll suggest testing at a private lab - costs $300-400 . Again, I'm skeptical about what this. Lab is also owned by a Russian so not sure if he's just feeding business to this lab or if its legit. Came back negative for everything anyways.

I have been in contact with 10+ people who have worked with Ilia and only one (Yakuh) has expressed a true improvement after his treatment. Having said that, Yakuh has been incredibly disciplined when it comes to this diet, so this could also be the reason for his improvement.

I will give this Ilia and his clinic credit for a few things:
1.) OHIP covered semen testing (done onsite)
2.) Has good lifestyle and diet advice
3.) He seems like a nice enough guy, and he is willing to help with pain management medications

Also, my insurance covered my treatment 100% with him. Not sure if I just got lucky, but worth asking. You will need to push a bit and get quotes and documentation from Ilia.

I would go for the initial testing, but unless you come back with a positive result for bacteria (and i would want the result re-confirmed by another lab as well), I would look at other treatments first.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next